Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Jump, Then Fall

Dreams Do Come True

by LittleMissFae 5 reviews

Rose's life is complicated but can an exciting day with Brendon mean happiness forever?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-11-14 - Updated: 2010-11-14 - 2322 words

5Ambiance
"This can be your room for now," Brendon stated. We were at his house and he was getting me settled. "I'm assuming you don't have anything you need with you. You can wear one of my shirts and bed pants to sleep in. I'll take you to get some things tomorrow."

I smiled and hugged him. He was one of the nicest people I knew. I had stopped crying at this point. I had told Brendon everything. He only listened, he didn't judge me or what I did. Another reason why I loved him, he's on of the most down to earth, nonjudgemental people I've ever met. 

I went into the bathroom to change. As I did so, I thought about all of the things I had done; all the things that would never be the same. I could finally think logically. It was necessary for me to end it with Gerard but I felt absolutely horrible for it. It wasn’t for the best, for nobody. I had just torn apart a family, and a friendship. But I also knew that we were not meant to be together forever and always. 

    Gerard and I loved each other, we both were aware of that. But our relationship together was not healthy; I didn’t want my daughter to grow up only knowing bad, unhealthy relationships. At least this way, she has a Mommy and Daddy who are happy. And hopefully, someday she’ll have step parents to love her also. Or at least a step mom. I’m not sure if I’ll ever find anyone else. Gerard will though, of that I have no doubt in. 

    I stepped out of the bathroom after getting changed and spotted Brendon waiting on one of the walls for me. He showed me the room I would be staying in and let me attempt to go to sleep. 

But sleep wouldn't come easily. When I finally did fall asleep I woke back up from a nightmare immidiatly. The sobs started again; I realized just how alone I really was. I couldn't be alone right now, it simply wasn't safe for me. My feet touched the ground and I found my way to Brendon's bedroom. I softly tapped on his door and walked into his room. He was asleep. I had never seen the inside of his room and it wasn't anything like I had expected. Then again, nothing was as expected in his house. 

The walls were blue. It was simple but had a lot of pictures. Some of the band, some of his family or friends, but mostly of me and him. It seemed like he had a picture of us every time we hung out together. The picture on his nightstand was of us the first time we met, at the party that Gerard had surprised me with. The one on his wall above the bed was of him, Eliza, Hayley, and me. Pictures of us were everywhere. But it wasn't creepy or stalkerish in any way, as I would have expected it to be. It was almost peaceful. 


I was about to walk back out of the room when a voice was heard from behind me. "Do you need anything, Rose?"

"No. I just couldn't sleep. I'm having nightmares and I didn't want to be alone. I was going to ask if I could stay with you tonight."

Brendon smiled. "I don't mind at all. Come on, I won't bite."

I looked at him cautiously before sliding into bed beside him. We were both stiff and awkward at first, laying as far away from each other as possible. Until, we finally relaxed. At first, we didn't touch each other or anything. But after a few minutes I cuddled into Brendon's side. And that's how I was finally able to fall asleep. I was relaxed and the last thing I remember was Brendon kissing my forehead and saying goodnight.


The sun flooded into the window, waking me up. Brendon's side of the bed was already made up. I could smell breakfast being made. I brushed my hair and teeth and threw on my clothes from the day before. 

When I walked to the kitchen I found Brendon cooking. "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty. How is French Toast and eggs for breakfast?"

"Sounds amazing, thank you."

"Not a problem. You must eat. I called Hayley this morning and had her bring by some of your things. She tried to ask about you but I wouldn't tell her anything but that you were safe and okay here. She wanted me to tell you that she's helping take care of Eliza and to just cool down for a few days."

Sure enough, a duffel bag full of my things were sitting on the couch. "Thank you so much."

"Again, not a problem. Go get dressed quick. We're eating, then going to Disneyland." 

"Disneyland? Do you seriously think this is an appropriate time to go to Disneyland?" He was so random. Disneyland? 

"Exactly. Disneyland makes everyone happier. Besides, I must go to Disneyland often and you are not going to screw up my schedule." 

I laughed at him, "Fine. Let me go get dressed."

I got dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a black shirt and a blue undershirt, black converses, and a black bomber jacket. I applied some eyeliner and lipgloss and decided I was ready to go.

Brendon was also ready. He was also wearing a pair of skinnies and a gray shirt. Brendon made my plate and put it on the table. He sat down beside me and started eating also. At first, I didn't feel like eating. Yet, the food tasted so amazing that I couldn't put it down. I never knew Brendon could actually cook. Brendon put our plates in the sink and started for the door, which I followed him to. 

We got ourselves situated in the car and he turned on the radio. A Mayday Parade song came on and he turned the volume up. 

"I wanna keep her dreaming it's my one wish I won't forget this," Brendon sang. 

"Cuz im oudated, over rated. So I'll sing a melody and hope to god she's listening, sleeping softly while I sing and I'll be your memories. Your lullaby for all the times hoping that my voice could get it right," we both sang together. 

"Turn away if you could get me a drink of water cuz my lips are chapped and faded." Our eyes met and wondered if it was only coincidence that this song came on. Brendon went to change the song but I shook my head, "Keep it on." Brendon looked at me questioningly but didn't change the station. I listened to the song, thinking about the man singing it. "I will not kiss you cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you." Tears streamed from my eyes. "Now turn away, cause I'm awful just to see, cause all my hair's abandoned all my body, all my agony. Know that I will never marry, Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo, But counting down the days to go."

Brendon went to turn it off but I shook my head again. "And I just hope you know that if you say good-bye today, I'd ask you to be true. Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you."
I listened as the sing ended. Brendon turned down the volume and gazed at me, "Why would you do that to yourself?"

"Brendon, I needed to. It was necessary."

"How was having a mental breakdown necessary?!?" Brendon tried not to raise his voice but it was not unwavering. 

"It has been hurting to think about him. I needed to hear him, I thought it would help. Now that I've heard the man I fell in love with, the man I had a child with, the man I just ended everything with I feel much better after shedding those few tears," I snarled. I didn't like that he was making me feel petty. It wasn't his fault though. I was just a hot mess right now.

"Rose, you can't sit around and mope and be depressed forever. Everything is going to be okay. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this was meant to happen. Gerard gave you the greatest gift ever, Eliza. Maybe that's all he was meant for; maybe you don't need him anymore. Maybe your suppose to start a family with another man. This is what I want to help you with, I want you to see that there are other possibilities. That's why I'm taking you to Disneyland. It's a fun place and I think you're going to enjoy being here with me more than you ever would have thought." Brendon's brown eyes weren't harsh anymore and I was grateful for that. I really needed someone to comfort me. Brendon drove into a crowded parking lot, passing up valet for Disneyland. It was quite shocking, I was used to Gerard, he always used valet. Another difference between Brendon and Gerard. Brendon considered himself and acted like a normal person. Gerard was famous, and he knew it. 

"I hope you don't mind, I invited Spencer too and I think he invited two of his friends too. I didn't want it to be too much pressure and you to think this meant we had to talk about what happened but I also wanted Spencer to have friends to be with if we did decide to go by ourselves."

"Thanks, sounds like a very good idea. You know, I've never been to Disneyland," I giggled, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Are you serious? You have really been missing out on some awesome stuff! I come every other weekend. I got the Summer house in California because of Disneyland. In the Winter and most of Fall I go back home. It's a good thing I was doing some recording down here when you needed me though."

"Deffinitley. It's beautiful," I said after seeing the big castle. We showed the guards our tickets and went on Space Mountain first. It was soo fun. Spencer and his friends mostly stayed together. 

When Brendon had gone to the bathroom Spencer did approach me though. "You do know that he really loves you right?"

"What?" I choked on my soda that Brendon had bought me. 

"Brendon, the dude you came with, he's always really liked you but the last few months it's changes, he's changed. I've known Brendon for a long time. The look he gives you, he loves you. When you laugh his eyes start to shine. I havent seen him this happy since 6th grade." Spencer was now standing right next to me. I slid of the metal bench to look at him. 

"Spence, things are really complicated right now but I think I love him too," I couldn't believe that I had just said that out loud. 

"I hope you make up your mind quick. Please don't hurt him or let him down. He thinks of you so highly. He's never had this kind of respect with a woman before," Spencer said the last few words quickly. 

Brendon walked back and glanced between us. "What were you two just talking about?" 

"Nothing," I smiled at him and hugged him. I'm not going to be careful anymore. 'You have some serious problems right now but if he makes you happy, go for it.' I thought to myself. He makes me feel good inside, nobody could make me feel this good, not even when Gerard and I were together. 

Brendon looked at me weirdly after my sudden hug outburst. "Happy?" He asked. "You have no idea," I answered. 

We went on several more rides. I got terrified on a couple of them and hid myself inside Brendon's arms while he laughed at me. We had gone on most of the rides and were about to leave when I tugged on Brendon's arms, causing him to stop. "I want to see the princesses," I whined. 

Spencer and his friends were waiting for us. "You guys go ahead and go home, we're just going to go see the princesses. Thanks so much for coming," Brendon shouted to them. They waved and left us. I smiled and tugged Brendon to see the princesses with me. When we got to the auditorian room, it was filled with little girls and their parents. Eliza would have loved this. Brendon and I watched from the back of the room while the princesses interacted with all of the little girls. 

My chin raised up to look into Brendon's eyes. "Thank you for bringing me here. You were right, it did cause me to realize that maybe there are other possibilities." My face was only centimetres away from Brendon's, which made it easy to kiss him on the lips. It truly did feel magical. I had never experienced anything like it. Maybe Gerard and I weren't suppose to be together. Maybe all along it was only a way to get Brendon and I together. Besides, if it wouldn't have been for Gerard I would never have even met Brendon. Our lips mingled with each other, so passionately, so desperately. It was as if this was what both of us had been aching for for months. To be sitting in a castle, with princesses watching in awe, while kissing each other passionately. 

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true     
Sign up to rate and review this story