Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Soulmate

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Lucius and Narcissa talk about her worst fears...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-11-16 - Updated: 2010-11-16 - 2218 words

-1Boring
My heart beats immediately became loud in my ears and I felt a little panicky. I didn't like the way Lucius was looking at Severus and me with suspicious eyes. Was he mad at me for something? Had he totally forgotten about our little encounter earlier? Oh please god, don't let that to have happened! I couldn't stand another slap in the face.

Lucius walked over to where Severus and I were sitting and drew out a chair next to me. I decided that was a good sign. Even though Lucius' eyes were tight and his lips were turned down, at least he was sitting next to me. That was a small improvement. I mean, there were times when he ignored me completely or would do whatever it took to get as far away from me as possible.

"Lucius," Severus said with a respectful nod towards the blonde sitting next to me. I could tell from Severus' tone that he respected Lucius a lot and considered him above most of the other Slytherins. That didn't really surprise me though. After all, Lucius was a pureblood, was intelligent, and of course, he looked like a god.

"Severus," Lucius replied with a curt nod. His eyes wandered to where Severus was pressing the cloth lightly against my eye. Frowning slightly, Lucius took the cloth out of Severus' hand almost viciously and pressed it gently to my eye himself, saying, "That's my girl. I should be the one to do that. What is that anyways? A healing potion?"

"It's a potion that takes care of black eyes," Severus explained, pointing to the remaining green goo that was left in the bowl. Lucius peered into the bowl and then wrinkled his nose in disgust. Severus went on, "Lily Evans taught me how to make it. It makes black eyes fade and it numbs the pain. You should thank Lily for creating it. It's her own creation."

"Lily Evans? You mean the Gryffindor mud-blood?" Lucius made a tsk-ing sound with his tongue which showed his obvious disapproval. Severus' expression grew angry, but Lucius wasn't done yet. "So you're still stuck on her, are you? You could really do so much better, Severus. It's none of my business, I know, but I really just can't bare to see you hook up with a mud-blood."

"Don't call her that," Severus said in a pained voice. "She's not a mud-blood." If I was Lucius, I would've shut up by now. But of course, Lucius was far braver than me and continued onwards, "Oh really now? So somehow Lily Evans has managed to change her heritage in the last twenty-four hours? Because last time I checked, she's one hundred percent mud-blood."

That was too much for Severus. Without another word, he stood up, gathered the remains of the potion into the crook of his arm, and then disappeared silently to the boys' dormitories. I watched him go, feeling kind of bad for him. I totally understood what Lucius was trying to say. I thought Severus could do better as well. Still though, there was no need for Lucius to be so mean about it.

Once Severus had left, Lucius turned to me and asked, "How was the rest of your day?" I opened my mouth to reply, but just then, the door to the common room opened up and Rabastan and Rodolphus came in with big grins on their faces. When they say Lucius and me sitting together, they looked like Christmas had come earlier. With an even wider grinner, Rabastan, "Hey Lucissa."

Lucius and I exchanged glances and Lucius asked curiously, "Lucissa?" Tucking a strand of dark hair behind his ear, Rodolphus wasted no time in explaining the new nickname, "Aw, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. The whole school is talking about you and Cissy. You surprise me, Lucius. I never thought you'd date again after Natasha."

Lucius narrowed his eyes and gave Rodolphus a funny look, "How did everyone find that out about Cissa and me?" Lucius didn't look upset that our relationship was no longer private but he didn't exactly look happy about it either. Blushing, I answered before Rodolphus could say something, "Oh...there was a little incident in Arithmancy that kind of made us public."

Raising an eyebrow, Lucius gave me a little smile. I knew he wanted to know more about the incident, but I wasn't about to tell him about how I had gotten caught drawing his name with hearts on my homework! Instead, I turned to Rabastan and changed the subject, "By the way, Wilkes is looking for you. I ran into him earlier."

"Oh yeah, we were gonna do some practicing," Rabastan nodded. He turned towards the door and then turned back to us with a rather curious look on his face, "So...is it true then?" Was what true? Confused, I gave him a puzzled look and echoed the question, "Wait, is what true? That Wilkes is looking for you? Of course it is. I wouldn't lie."

"No, not that," Rodolphus said, rolling his eyes at the same time as his twin. "Is it true that you two are dating now?" Lucius gave an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through his blonde hair. Turning to the two, he replied, "Yes, it's true. I really don't see how that is any business of yours or how it affects you though. Just don't either of you make a move on Cissa."

As if to claim me as his own, Lucius moved his chair over closer to mine and kissed me lightly on the lips. The kiss was soft as a feather and oh so sweet. I closed my eyes and we exchanged light, sweet kisses for a few minutes while Rabastan and Rodolphus made annoying sounds in the background. They were pretty easy to ignore though and after only a few minutes, they got bored and decided to go off and do something else. Now Lucius and I had the common room all to ourselves.

"How's your eye doing?" Lucius asked me, tugging the cloth off of it. I thought about the question a moment before answering. To be honest, I couldn't really feel anything around my eye. It was completely numb; there was absolutely no pain left. Thinking this sensation was kind of strange, I answered, "It's just really numb. How does it look though? Is it still black and blue?"

Studying my face, Lucius answered a-matter-of-factly, "It's much better than it was before. It's only a slightly bit black now and it's much less swollen. You look beautiful." Beautiful? Lucius Malfoy was calling me, Narcissa Black, beautiful? That was almost laughable. I was certainly anything but beautiful, especially today.

I protested loudly, "Um, no, I'm ugly. I mean, just compare me to Natasha for example. She's like a golden goddess and I'm...well...I'm plain. There's nothing beautiful about me. Besides, I'm fat." In my mind, this was all true. I had no idea how Lucius could like a girl like me. It was strange really. It was like how when a king hooks up with a chamber maid.

"Ah...I've been meaning to talk to you about that," Lucius said after I had finished speaking. Uh oh, his sentence was a little foreboding. Was he going to acknowledge me and agree that I wasn't beautiful enough? Was he going to dump me? Oh god, I couldn't wait for him to say it. I quickly burst out, "Are you going to ditch me?"

"No, no, silly," Lucius quickly reassured me. He turned around in his chair so he could face me and look into my eyes. I flipped around in my chair as well so we were now looking into each other's eyes. Taking one of my hands that hand been resting in my lap into his own hand, Lucius said calmly, "I know you're not eating, Cissa. Tell me why...please?"

Not seeing any reason to lie, I admitted the truth in a low voice, "Well, for you, of course. I wanted to be pretty and thin like Natasha. I figured only if I looked like her would you like me. So yeah...that's why I'm not eating. And there's also the fact that I'm still fat. I want to be skinny and feel good about myself like all those supermodel girls."

Lucius contemplated my sentence for a long moment and then turned to me urgently, "Listen carefully to me. I like you just the way you are. I don't care if you gained ten pounds. Even if you did, you'd still be on the thin side. What you're doing to yourself is dangerous. People need food to survive. Without it...weird things start happening."

Weird things? I didn't like the sound of that. What exactly were these "weird things"? As if reading my mind, Lucius went on to explain, "What I mean by that is that strange things start happening to your body. Your hair can fall out, your teeth can turn yellow and can fall out, or you could have a heart attack and die in your sleep."

Ew...that would be totally sick if my hair fell out! Maybe my hair wasn't as pretty as Bella's, but I certainly didn't want it falling out! Lucius' statement had scared me, but I didn't really think that eating less was going to make my hair fall out. Weird things like that never happened to me. I was just fine. Sure, maybe I was exhausted all the time, but that was my only problem.

"So anyways, I don't mean to scare you, but you do see why I need you to start eating and be healthy again, right?" Lucius asked me in a gentle voice. I hesitated before answering him. I didn't want to eat more. I wanted to get really, really thin. I wanted to be the skinniest girl at Hogwarts so people would see I truly was beautiful and that I deserved Lucius. But wait...did thiness equal beauty? It did, right? I mean, models are always skinny and they're always beautiful.

Since I wasn't answering his question, Lucius sighed, "Come on, please, Cissa? I'm worried about you. Those supermodels that you're talking about don't necessarily have good lives, you know. Lots of them are very unhappy and depressed. And you and I both know that there have been some models that have even starved themselves to death. So please believe me when I tell you that I love you as you are. Believe me, there is more out there in life. I can take you higher than you've ever been..."

During this whole conversation, I had done a really good job on keeping my focus on the conversation and not on Lucius. However, at this point, a completely impulse, unexplained urge came over me. I leaned forward, cupped Lucius' face between my pale fingers and kissed him passionately. Lucius let me do most of the work as I kneaded his lips in between mine and let my love spill over to him. There was so much passion stored up in me...it had to be let out.

When I had to release Lucius for lack of breath, I whispered breathlessly in his ear, "Promise you'll always love me? Promise you don't care about my appearance?" I kind of expected Lucius to hesitate at the question. I mean, what kind of guy doesn't care about a girl's appearance? All guys did...or so I thought. The only guy who wouldn't care would be a guy who loved you for what was stored up in your soul and not for what your outer shell looked like. Apparently, I had met a guy like this.

"Cissa," Lucius said in a very sober voice, "I will always love you and I want you to stop obsessing about your appearance. I had no idea you had such low self esteem. No matter though, we'll take care of that sooner or later." With that said, Lucius reached out for me and brought me into his lap. I cuddled against his chest and let out a sigh of contentment. I could worry about being fat and all that shit later. All that really mattered was the fact that Lucius had promised to love me.

As I arranged myself in his arms, Lucius kissed my cheek, then my ear, and then let his lips trail lightly down my jawbone. The warmth of his body engulfed me and I wrapped one arm around him to tighten our embrace. I didn't feel like I could be close enough to him. Lucius' lips continued down my neck until he reached a certain place on my throat. He kissed me there lightly and then began to suck down. The sensation ripped a little moan out of the back of my throat. I had to be closer to him...had to close the distance...

Bam! With a resounding smashing noise, the door to the common room burst open and Natasha came smashing in. Lucius and I immediately jerked apart and gave each other nervous looks. A wordless conversation traveled between the two of us and with concealed waves, the two of us both went to seek refuge away from Natasha.
Sign up to rate and review this story