Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "I Could Wait For You For... Forever"

"Your smile speaks books to me"

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 0 reviews

Bennie and Gerard have suddenly noticed each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-19 - Updated: 2010-11-20 - 1263 words - Complete

3Ambiance
"Daddy... I want to go see the efelants!" Freddie shouted from her perch on Gabe's shoulders.
"Freddie, we've already gone to see the elephants five times." Gerard said as he looked nervously at his watch. They had an hour to get to the venue for sound-check.
"You and Bennie stay here, I'll take her to say goodbye to the elephants. Call the guys and let them know we're on our way to the venue." Gabe said as he turned back toward the elephants.
"Efelants! Efelants!" Freddie shouted as she clapped her hands.
"How long do we have?" Bennie asked as she took a seat on the bench they'd stopped in front of.
"Fifty-five minutes." Gerard said as he rapidly texted Frankie.
"You can have the bed to yourself tonight. I think I'm going to my apartment after the show." Bennie said as she watched Gabe play with Freddie in front of the Elephant habitat.
"Why?"
"Well... He spent the whole day here with me. I might as well go home with him tonight." Bennie shrugged her shoulders as she spoke.
"You shouldn't feel obligated." Gerard said as he stared into Bennie's sad eyes.
"I just don't know what to do with him any more." She said as a tear rolled down her face. Gerard tilted her face toward his and kissed her softly. Bennie put her arms around his neck as the kiss deepened. She pulled away quickly when Freddie came running over.
"Daddy, I said goodbye. We can go now." Freddie said as she climbed onto Gerard's lap. Gerard picked her up and walked toward the exit. Bennie looked back toward the elephant cage where Gabe was taking a picture with a fan.
Oh, good. He didn't see it. She thought as she walked toward him.
If only she knew he was doing everything in his power not to break down in tears.

Bennie walked out of the wings and positioned herself center stage behind the curtains. She breathed deeply and waited for the rest of her band to get in position on the stage. She reached into her pocket and grabbed her guitar pick as the curtains opened up. She walked forward toward the microphone and began to play.

"When love breaks up
When the dawn light wakes up
A new life is born
Somehow I have to make this final breakthrough
Now

I wake up
Feel just fine
Your face
Fills my mind
I get religion quick
'cause you’re looking divine
Honey you’re touching something you’re touching me
I’m under your thumb under your spell cant you see
If I could only reach you
If I could make you smile
If I could only reach you
That would really be a breakthrough - oh yeah

Breakthrough these barriers of pain
Breakthrough to the sunshine from the rain
Make my feelings known towards you
Turn my heart inside and out for you now
Somehow I have to make this final breakthrough
Now!"
Bennie looked into the wings and smiled brightly at Gerard who was watching her set and dancing With Freddie. Gerard's eyes locked with Bennie's for a minute, and for that minute, they both felt electricity. Gabe glared at the scene in front of him from behind Gerard, but Bennie didn't notice him as she turned back to her mic.

"Your smile speaks books to me
I break up
With each and every one of your looks at me
Honey you’re starting something deep inside of me
Honey you’re sparking something this fire in me
I’m outta control
I wanna rush headlong into this ecstasy
If I could only reach you
If I could make you smile
If I could only reach you
That would really be a breakthrough

If I could only reach you
If I could make you smile
If I could only reach you
That would really be a breakthrough
Oh yeah
Breakthrough breakthrough

If I could only reach you
If I could make you smile
If I could only reach you
That would really be a breakthrough

If I could only reach you
If I could make you smile
If I could only reach you
That would really be a breakthrough"




"Bennie, are you coming back to the hotel?" Freddie asked as Bennie sat down next to her after her set. Bennie looked over at Gabe, but his eyes were closed. Bennie shrugged.
"I guess." She said, still looking at Gabe.
"Good, cause you're funny. Gabe... will you come too?" Freddie asked as she jumped off of the couch and jumped on his lap. Gabe shrugged.
"Where would I sleep?" He asked as he looked down at Freddie.
"I'll make daddy sleep on the couch outside tonight." She said, a huge smile on her face. Gabe shrugged and put Freddie on the floor.
"I guess so." he said as Worm walked over and picked Freddie up.
"I'm going to watch daddy. Come!" She shouted as she was carried into the wings. Bennie shrugged and followed.
"C'mon, Gabe." she said over her shoulder as she walked into the wings. Gabe sighed and followed after Bennie.
"You looked like you had fun at the park." Bennie said to Gabe as she bobbed her head to the music.
"Oh, yeah... you looked like you enjoyed yourself too." Gabe said as Dawn and Delilah came from backstage and stood in between him and Bennie.
"Do you want to go shopping before the show tomorrow?" Delilah asked as Ember came over and joined them. Bennie nodded fiercely.
"Definitely." She said. She turned her attention to Gerard and smiled as he paraded across the stage. She smiled warmly as his eyes met hers and he winked flirtatiously. Bennie laughed and raised her eyebrows at him before he turned back toward the audience. Gabe stormed backstage, grabbed his phone, and left the venue.
"Do you know where Gabe went?" Amethyst asked as she joined the other girls backstage.
"What?" Bennie asked.
"Gabe's gone home I suppose." Amethyst said shrugging her shoulders. Bennie ran from backstage and out the door.
"Gabe!" She shouted as she ran down an alley. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and rapidly dialed his number.
"Hey, sorry I missed your call. You know what to do." beep Bennie hung up and hailed a cab.
"The Dakota." Bennie said as she got into the cab. She sighed impatiently as they hit traffic.
"I'm sorry ma'am, but there's not really anything I can do." The driver said.
"How many blocks from the Dakota are we right now?" Bennie asked as she pulled a fifty out of her pocket.
"Ten north, seven east." The driver said. Bennie threw her money at him and got out of the cab. She dialed Gabe's number again as she ran down the sidewalk.
"Where'd you go?" Gabe asked. Bennie stopped running.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I went to the mini mart down the block for some beer, and when I came back everybody was freaking out about you running out the back door." Gabe said. Bennie groaned and started walking in the opposite direction.
"I went on a cigarette run." She said as she pulled her pack out of her pocket and lit one. Bennie silently cursed everything she saw.
"Oh... well, you've been gone for half an hour. Where'd you go?" Gabe asked.
"I got stuck in traffic." She said as she pulled her stilettos off of her feet and continued the walk barefoot.
"You took a cab... to go get cig... whatever.” click
Sign up to rate and review this story