Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That Jazz

All That Jazz

by adalae 2 reviews

Pete Wentz is throwing a dinner party but the guests have no clue why and are thrown off even more when they are held in the mansion for the weekend. Appearances by: Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Willia...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2010-11-19 - Updated: 2010-11-20 - 1258 words

0Unrated
AUTHOR’S NOTE:
Hello everyone! First off thanks for all the wonderful feedback on my other story ‘Congratulations, I Hate You’. Sorry to disappoint but my heart isn’t in that story. I was attempting to write something that more people were familiar with and with stars I don’t really care for/enjoy writing. This following story will be my entry for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and since I’m starting from scratch I will be attempting to update this story DAILY. For those of you who DON’T know what NaNoWriMo is, Google it, but basically it’s writing 50,000 words of a story in a single month. Or in my case, less than 2 weeks. As this is for NaNo, I am required to put a disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a work of fiction. The characters, though based on real people, are in no way represented as such. They are simply my characters who I can write however I damn well please =] Enjoy.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Chapter One: All That Jazz

“Start the car I know a whoopee spot Where the gin is cold but the piano's hot It's just a noisy hall Where there's a nightly brawl And All That Jazz!”

It was supposed to be a dinner gathering, nothing more, nothing less. The guest list was impressive and everyone as ready for a good time. The attendees were beginning to show up, and Pete Wentz was there to greet them as they arrived.

First to arrive was Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross from the band Panic! At the Disco. “Hello Brendon, Ryan,” Pete said as he closed the door behind them, “Can I take your coats?” he asked.

Ryan stepped forward and laughed, “This really is something formal isn’t it!” he said. He shrugged off his vintage black sixties mod jacket and handed it to Pete, keeping his black and white skull scarf around his neck.

“Yeah,” Brendon said slipping off his grey suit jacket. “What aren’t you telling us?”

“In due time,” Pete said with a grin, hanging their closets up in the closet next to the door, “Why don’t we wait in the lounge?” The dinner party was at Pete’s estate. It was a huge mansion from the 1920s with all of the rooms that no one needed. The lounge, the conservatory, the billiard room – no extravagance was missed. Only the best, for Mr. Wentz.

As they were having drinks, the doorbell rang and it was Rachelle Norton, a public relations rep from Decaydance and one of Pete’s close personal friends. “Rachelle,” Pete said as he opened the door. He had left Brendon and Ryan to entertain themselves to answer the door, he was such a good host.

“Pete,” the girl answered. She was a simple, plain looking girl. She had long blonde hair that flowed down to the middle of her back, decorated by a black and white polka dotted satin bow. She wore a simple black cross-strapped cocktail dress and black heels. “So what’s this all about?” she asked. No one had been given any information, just an invitation (formal through the mail) with a date, time, and attire requirements.

“You’ll see!” Pete said. He loved having everyone on their toes. After he escorted Rachelle to the lounge, the doorbell rang and he went to answer it.

“Hey hey!” the guy at the door yelled out, “How ya doing Pete?”

“Just fine William,” he said giving him a bro-hug, “Thanks for coming!”

“No problem,” William said, “Everyone is wondering what this is about – I wasn’t about to turn down an invite to be the first to find out!” William wore only a dressy green shirt with a black vest, something about jackets had always bothered him, “So where to?”

“The lounge,” Pete said. About halfway there the doorbell rang, “Just go right in, these should be the last two guests.” Pete ran back to the door. Playing host was fun, but exhausting. “Hey there you… guy?”

Gabe Saporta sauntered into the room, “She’ll be here, we’re not talking so… she’ll be here just God forbid she rides in a car with me…”

“Kay..” Pete said, taking Gabe’s jacket. Gabe rolled up his sleeves and gave Pete a look, “What happened?”

“She wants to take the ad in a whole new way. Its not what we discussed and she just.. Augh she’s impossible Pete, why do you pay her money to work for you?”

“Because she’s the best. Her ad campaigns are top notch, we’re lucky to have her. Remember that.”

“Whatever,” Gabe said, “Get me towards the alcohol.” Pete laughed and showed him to the lounge. Everyone was socializing and getting to know each other better. They all knew each other already, they were mainly discussing theories on why they were at Pete’s for a dinner party.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

“Dinner’s ready,” Pete said as the clock chimed seven o’clock. The last guest still hadn’t arrived but Pete wasn’t worried. They left an empty spot at the table between Gabe and Brendon. The conversation went on through the first two of the five course meal without a hitch. As the second course was taken up by the butler, Geoffrey, the doorbell rang, “one moment, must be the last guest.” Pete said.

He emerged a few seconds later with Lila Greene, one of the nations youngest and most successful advertising executives. Recently, Pete had contracted her out to work with some ad campaigns for his charity, giving her full control. She had only worked with Gabe since arriving to California a week ago. That wasn’t going to well. Lila was a bombshell. She had pale skin and dark chestnut hair pulled tightly into a bun. She had ice blue eyes that were doused in layers of black eyeliner and black eye shadow. She wore a black veiled headband that fell diagonally across her face, right above her bright red lips. She had a strapless cabarnet colored bubble dress and white heels. Pete had taken her white trench coat at the door. “Everyone,” he said, “This is Lila Greene.” He introduced everyone around the table and Gabe gave her a dirty look. “Play nice Gabe,” he said, “Tonight’s for fun.”

Lila sat down in between Brendon and Gabe and the rest of the courses were brought out. The conversation was light and normal, most were interrogating Lila about her life since she was the outsider in their group. She answered every question like the public relations professional she was – honest, simple, to the point, and noncommittal.

After they finished dessert Lila was the first to speak up, “So I think we all would like to know what is going on.” The others at the table voiced their similar opinions.

Pete simply smiled, “You’ll find a few bags of luggage upstairs in the bedrooms, I’ve arranged for you all to stay the weekend with me.” Everyone was silent. They all looked at each other, confused. “All will be revealed in due time. As for the night, feel free to mingle, explore the house, and get some sleep. I’ll see you all tomorrow.” Pete didn’t wait for any answers, he simply nodded his head and excused himself before disappearing.

“Well, that’s not creepy…” Gabe said finishing off his wine.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
SNEAK PEEK OF CHAPTER 2:
The guests explore the house after the dinner and when they wake the next morning one of them is gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story