Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Summer of Secrets

Chapter Three

by godessoftrees 0 reviews

Harry takes Ginny to the small village of Ottery St. Catchpole.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2010-11-24 - Updated: 2010-11-25 - 1427 words

-1Boring
Warnings for this chapter: Cutting mentioned




Disclaimer: I own nothing. For a link to Ginny's dress see my profile.




Chapter Three




Itwas early in the morning and Ginny was the only one up. She wasn't going out with Harry until eleven o'clock, but she had a lot to do before then. She was hiding in her room, mixing a concealment paste, and by nine o'clock she was done. Ginny decided to take a shower before she applied the paste. She washed her hair quickly and applied a drying charm as soon as she was in her bedroom. It was now nine-thirty. No point in getting ready yet. After applying the concealment paste, Ginny slipped on a dark green vest and a pair of comfortable trousers.




The smell of sausage and toast came from the kitchen as Ginny made her way down the stairs. Her mother stood at the table, filling Harry's plate as much as possible. Ginny smiled at the sight. It warmed her heart to know that Harry at least had a mother in her own. She took a seat next to Harry.




“Good morning, dear. Would you like some breakfast?” Molly Weasley smiled at her only daughter.




Ginny nodded. Molly served her and she ate quickly. She still wasn't sure if she was doing the right thing by going on a date with Harry. She had spent her whole life liking him, but now that he admitted the feelings were mutual, she wasn't so sure that she could risk dating him. If he ever found out that she was intentionally hurting herself. . . .




By the time she was finished eating it was ten o'clock, and she had just an hour to get ready. Ginny excused herself from the table as soon as she was done and hurried up the stairs, merely glancing at Harry.




Standing at her cupboard, Ginny sighed. What should she wear? After five minutes of contemplation, Ginny chose a brown halter dress with blue flowers. She put the dress on and looked around for shoes. Finally, Ginny found a pair of brown flats and slipped them on. She ran a brush through her waist-length red hair and decided to wear it down. She quickly brushed her teeth and retreated back into her room with one last thing to do. Ginny scooped up another dollop of concealment paste and spread it over her left arm. It hardened on her arm instantly. She sighed. Finished.




Harry was standing at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for her. He wore a pair of khaki trousers and a dark blue polo shirt. Ginny would never forget the look in his eyes when he caught sight of her. Harry took in a sharp breath and his eyes widened. It seemed he had forgotten how to breathe. Ginny's dress left little to the imagination. Her long hair curled its way down her back, making her look even prettier.




“Breathe, Harry,” Ginny smirked.




Harry exhaled. “Wow. You look . . . you look great, Ginny.”




Ginny blushed. “Thanks. You do too.”




They stood there in an awkward silence for a few moments, before Harry offered her his arm.“Well, shall we?”




Ginny smiled. “We shall.”




H/G




Harryand Ginny walked hand-in-hand down the main street of the village. Being Sunday, it was fairly quiet. Most people were attending services at the small local chapel. Ginny didn't pay attention to where they were headed. She was just happy to be with Harry. She was quite surprised to look up and see they were in a small bookstore. She looked to Harry for an explanation.




“I noticed you were almost done with your book. I thought you'd like another one,” Harry smiled sheepishly.




Ginny gasped. “Harry, you don't have to-”




Harry kissed her cheek without thinking. When he pulled back, his face was flushed. “I know I don't have to. But I want to.”




Ginny smiled. She could feel a blush creeping its way up her cheeks and could still feel Harry's lips on them. She murmured a 'thank you' before letting go of his hand and searching the stacks of books. After Ginny had found one that looked promising, she allowed Harry to lead her to the front counter. Once the book was paid for, they headed down the street.




There wasn't much to do in the village; it was very small and generally quiet, but Harry and Ginny were happy in each other's company. They had been strolling down the lane for five minutes before Ginny noticed they were being followed. A shudder went down her spine; this didn't go unnoticed by Harry. He wheeled around to see two boys around his age advancing on them. Harry gripped Ginny's hand tighter in his and pulled her down another lane. The two boys followed.




“What do we have here?” the taller boy called out.




Harry stopped walking and spun around. He pushed Ginny behind him protectively. Her heart raced in her chest as she gripped the back of Harry's shirt and buried her face in his back.




“Leave her alone,” Harry spoke sternly.




“Oh, tough guy, huh?What are you going to do?” The shorter boy smirked.




“You see, we get what we want. And what we want is the redhead.” The taller boy stepped closer. Ginny gripped his shirt tighter.




“I said leave her alone.” Harry could feel the magic building up his veins and he tried to force it down. The last thing Harry needed was to perform accidental magic.




“Are you going to stop us?” The taller one tried to get around Harry.




Ginny could only imagine the amount of magic radiating throughout Harry's entire body. She knew he was close to losing control. “Harry, please,” she whispered.




“If you knew what was good for you and your friend there, you'd leave,” Harry growled. A spark of magic threatened to escape.




“Let's just say we don't know what's good for us,” the shorter boy laughed.




That was all it took. Harry lost it. Both boys flew back against the opposite wall. A breeze that had nothing to do with the weather whipped around both Harry and Ginny. Ginny chanced a look around Harry and was shocked to see both boys immobilized.




“Harry, stop. Stop!” Ginny shook his arm. The moment she spoke, the breeze stopped. Both boys fell to the ground before quickly getting to their feet and running away.




Harry let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding before turning to face Ginny. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just got so angry-”




Ginny put her hand over his mouth. “It's okay. I understand. You were just trying to protect me.”




Harry smiled down at her. They suddenly were very close; too close. Harry started to lean down towards her. /Oh sweet Merlin, Harry Potter is going to kiss me!/Ginny thought happily. But to her disappointment, Harry pulled back and took a deep breath. Ginny's face fell, but brightened instantly at what he said next.




“Ginny, may I kiss you?” Harry whispered nervously.




Ginny nodded, unable to speak. Very slowly, Harry leaned back down towards her. It took what felt like hours for their lips to touch, but when they did, there were fireworks. Neither one of them moved. Their lips were glued together. In her mind the kiss lasted for days, weeks, months. When Harry finally did pull back, Ginny had to bite her tongue to keep from protesting.




“That was nice.” Harry smiled.




“Very nice,” Ginny whispered in agreement.




“Could we do it again sometime?” Harry asked.




Ginny nodded before smiling. “We could do it again now.”




Harry smiled as he leaned back down and captured her lips in his once more. This time, there was no shyness. Ginny wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him further into the kiss. His mouth moved over hers sensuously and Ginny wanted to savor the moment forever. Harry could feel a reaction building up inside of him and ended the kiss much too soon for both of them.




Harry took her hand in his and led her out onto the main street, heading back towards the Burrow. They walked in silence most of the way. Harry finally spoke once they reached the beginning of the drive. He stopped and turned her to face him.




“Ginny,” he whispered.




After amoment of silence, Ginny answered, “Yes, Harry?”




“Would you go out with me?” Harry asked quickly.




Ginny pulled him down for another kiss. When they broke apart, they were both smiling widely.




“I thought you'd never ask.”
Sign up to rate and review this story