Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

The Consequence

by -impervius 2 reviews

Abbey joins the band in a meeting, awkwardness ensues.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-25 - Updated: 2010-11-25 - 1428 words - Complete

1Ambiance
It was 11AM on Sunday morning when Abbey awoke with Gerard’s arms wrapped lovingly around her. She smiled to herself as she took in the way his mouth hung slightly open, the hint of a slight smile stretched across his features. The overwhelming temptation to stroke his white blonde hair got the best of her, and she placed a light kiss on his forehead. But still, there was a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach; one that she could not ignore.

Abbey watched as the man before her began to stir. One of his eyes opened to look at her, and he grinned at her. ‘Hello, you.’ He squeezed his eye shut again.
She smiled warmly. ‘Hi. Did you sleep well?’
‘Best sleep ever,’ he spoke into his pillow. ‘How about you?’
‘About the same,’ Abbey said. She had to tell him. They would have to talk about last night’s happenings sooner or later. Abbey decided they should simply get it over with.

‘Gerard?’ Her voice was tentative.
‘Mmm?’
‘Can we talk about last night?’ He looked up at her, his smile fading as he recognised her less than reassuring facial expression. He sat up and gazed into her eyes.
‘You regret it.’ It was a statement, rather than a question.
‘No, no!’ Abbey exclaimed hastily. ‘No! It was great. To be honest, I’ve thought about kissing you on more than one occasion and it far surpassed my expectations, which is saying a lot.’
Gerard grimaced. ‘But...?’
‘I’m not sure how I feel.’ This was plain on her face.
Gerard sighed. ‘I understand. It’s him, isn’t it?’
‘I can’t deny that I still have feelings for Mikey. I can’t just make them go away. But I also can’t deny that I feel something for you too. I just don’t know which feeling is strongest. The way I feel about you is so new, and I don’t want to lead you on or hurt you in case I realize one day that it’s Mikey that I want.’

Gerard watched his hands as they fiddled aimlessly with his bed covers. Abbey looked at Gerard, waiting for some kind of response. When none came, she spoke again. ‘Look, I just need time. And if you can’t wait for me, then that’s fine, it would be selfish of me to say otherwise. But if you do wait, and I finally sort my head and my heart out, then I promise I’ll come running for you.’
‘I don’t know if I can wait,’ Gerard said stiffly. ‘I’ve done my waiting.’
‘I know.’ Abbey’s voice was small.

The ring of Gerard’s cell phone came from the kitchen, but neither person moved. They just sat in silence. However, the ringing became incessant, so Gerard finally dragged himself from the bed, briefly turning to look back at the beautiful girl who sat upon his bed, wearing his t shirt, her eyes shining with tears that she refused to let fall. ‘This better be good,’ Gerard growled into his cell phone.
‘You bet it’s fucking good!’ Frank replied exuberantly.
‘How can you be so animated at this time of the morning?’ Gerard grumbled, rubbing his eyes.
‘It’s barely even morning, you zombie. And I have awesome news, grumpy!’
‘What?’
‘Brian wants us to meet him at the studio. Rob thinks the record’s finally ready for release, which means he wants to sort out a tour!’
Gerard couldn’t help but grin. ‘Seriously?’
‘Nah, I’m only kidding. Of course I’m serious motherfucker. Brian’s been trying to call you all morning but you weren’t answering. I’ll see you there at 12.’
‘Alright.’
‘Oh, have you seen Abs by the way? I know she stayed at your place on Friday; did she stay again last night? Mikey called me last night about ready to have an anxiety baby because he didn’t know where she was.’
‘Yeah, she’s here,’ Gerard replied curtly. Frank did not notice Gerard’s icy tone.
‘Cool, well bring her. I’ll take her home with me afterwards. Maybe we can all celebrate tonight. Go out or something.’
‘Sounds good, man.’

~

The tension in the car on the way to the studio was stifling. Gerard pulled up into the parking lot and got out, slamming the door with unnecessary force behind him. Abbey followed him. He was already halfway to the door to the studio. ‘Are we going to talk?’ She called after him.
‘No,’ he replied shortly. Abbey ran to catch up to him.
‘Gerard,’ she pleaded, putting her hand on his shoulder. He stopped walking, but he did not turn around.
‘Why would you kiss me if you didn’t even know how you felt about me?’ He finally turned to stare at her, removing his sunglasses. Abbey shook her head, unable to answer. Gerard nodded as if she had answered his question thoroughly, shoved the sunglasses back on, and continued walking towards the door. Feeling horrid, Abbey walked after Gerard through the door to the studio. Gerard pulled off his sunglasses and tried to plaster a convincing smile on his face as he entered the studio.

~

‘I can’t believe how amazing the finished product sounds!’ Ray exclaimed excitedly, as the band, Abbey, and two other men sat around a table in a meeting room at the studio, finally having listened to the final cut of The Black Parade.
‘You guys did amazing work on the production, honestly. You’re a very talented bunch of dudes,’ Rob, the producer, said.
‘Thanks man,’ Frank said.
‘You guys, it sounds incredible. I’m so excited for you all! I’m speechless at the quality of it, so I can’t imagine how proud you guys feel!’ Abbey, who had not talked to either of the Way brothers upon her and Gerard’s arrival in the studio, mainly looked at Bob and Ray while she talked.
‘Yeah, yeah, we’re all extremely talented and all that. Let’s get down to business.’ Brian, My Chemical Romance’s manager, was never really one to waste time.

‘We wanna get you on a national tour as soon as possible. Probably a week after the album drops. If all goes according to plan, you’ll be on the road in two months or so. We need to talk about who will be supporting you. We’ve got the set sorted out, mostly due to Gerard not being able to contain himself. You guys have your outfits for the same reason. We can get venues sorted out easily, and we’ve got the bus so accommodation isn’t needed. Are there any bands you wanna give a leg up to?’
‘The January Meltdown,’ Frank replied instantly. ‘Abbey’s band is so good, and there’s still a lot of hype from their headline tour going on. May as well give them a chance to show everyone why there is hype, and give them a chance to be in front of bigger crowds.’

Abbey was both excited and scared at the prospect of spending months at a time touring with two men who were currently angry with her. ‘Oh, I don’t know...’ She muttered.
‘Why don’t we take a lesser known band?’ Gerard tried to seem nonchalant.
‘Don’t you wanna tour with Abs, dude? We’ve always wanted to take those guys on tour!’ Frank looked confused. ‘In fact, weren’t we talking about this the other day?’
‘There’s a bunch of other bands we could take...’ Mikey interjected. ‘Bands who actually need some publicity.’ Abbey knew Mikey was trying to avoid the situation just as much as his older brother.
‘Yeah, but this is only for the first leg of the tour,’ Ray said. ‘We can take a smaller band to Europe or something.’
‘We’re not taking a fucking band just because Frank wants to bring some girl on tour with him,’ Gerard said heatedly. Abbey flinched at the impersonality of the statement.
Frank frowned. ‘It’s not some girl, it’s Abbey.’
‘She doesn’t seem different from the rest of them to me.’
Abbey had had enough. She abruptly stood and walked swiftly from the room, concealing the tears as best she could.

------

Couldn't help myself, this is for you ShannonEmily85.
Thank you for the review and enthusiasm for the story :)
Rate and review guys, the next chapter is already on its way!
Sign up to rate and review this story