Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

My Head's A Prison And Nobody Visits

by -impervius 2 reviews

A clean slate.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-27 - Updated: 2010-11-27 - 827 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Abbey sucked in a cigarette as she sat outside the studio on the pavement. She had thought that this summer was going to be fun. So far, it definitely was not living up to her expectations. She certainly understood Gerard’s frustration with her, she would be angry with her too if she were in his shoes. However, she could not help the way she felt, and she had a weakness for Mikey that she could not control. She aggressively stubbed out the butt as she thought of the dilemma she had found herself in.

Abbey heard footsteps behind her, but chose to ignore them.
‘Wanna tell us what that was all about?’ Frank asked softly. He sat down beside her and put his arm around her. To her surprise, Ray sat down on her other side. She had not expected him to come and check on her. Both Ray and Bob had never been that close with Abbey, they both preferred to keep to themselves. ‘Are you alright?’ He patted her awkwardly on the shoulder.
She smiled at him, appreciating the gesture. ‘Yes, I’m okay,’ Abbey replied.
‘Well?’ Frank pushed gently, after a moment’s silence.
‘I don’t want to talk about it.’ Frank sighed, but settled for nodding and pulling her closer. She would tell him when she was ready.
‘Just so you know,’ Ray said. ‘We’re taking your band on tour even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming. Frank’s been wanting to ever since you guys recorded your first EP, and I’ve gotta say, I have been too.’ Abbey smiled wanly at the kind man.

Suddenly, the sound of more footsteps became prominent, and Mikey appeared in front of Abbey, followed by Gerard. Mikey kneeled before her and smiled affably. ‘Are you okay, kid?’
She returned a smile tentatively. ‘Yes.’ Abbey looked up at Gerard, who was standing with his arms crossed behind Mikey. Frank looked from Abbey to Gerard and cleared his throat awkwardly.
‘Um, let’s go check on Bob guys. Who knows what havoc he’s wreaking in the studio?’
‘He probably got onto the bongo drums and is currently recording over the top of our album with tribal shit,’ Mikey laughed.
‘I fuckin’ hope not,’ Ray said darkly. ‘I don’t wanna know what “Sleep” would sound like with an African twist.’
‘African twist? That is the most pretentious thing I think I’ve ever heard you say,’ Frank laughed. ‘I can hear the shitty newspaper reviews now. “Emo kings My Chemical Romance return with new African twist!” And our costumes will be loincloths.’
‘What the fuck is a loincloth?’ Mikey asked.
‘You know that little piece of fabric Tarzan used to cover his junk?’
‘Boys,’ Abbey said sharply. They all stopped to stare at her.
‘Oh, right,’ Frank said, realisation dawning on him, and hastily, he, Mikey and Ray entered the building.

Abbey turned and watched Gerard as he watched his three band mates walk away. He stayed that way for a while after they had gone, but eventually moved to sit next to Abbey. They were not close together, but they were certainly within distance of touching each other. Much to her surprise, he turned to grin at her.
‘Mikey just yelled at me for the way I treated you in there.’
‘I deserved –’
‘He insisted I apologise.’
‘You don’t have –’
‘I’m sorry Abbey.’ There was silence for a couple of minutes until Abbey worked out what she needed to say.
‘Gerard, I don’t deserve an apology. I shouldn’t have kissed you until I was absolutely sure about my feelings but I did it anyway because I’m stupidly impulsive and I got caught up in the moment.’
‘Still,’ Gerard insisted. ‘There was no reason for me to be petty.’
‘Well, I’m sorry too.’ Abbey replied.
‘Then we’re even,’ Gerard smiled. He pulled out a cigarette and offered Abbey one. She shook her head. He lit up and drew the cigarette to his lips.

‘Does Mikey know?’ Abbey asked worriedly.
‘You mean, did I tell him what happened last night?’ Gerard blew out a cloud of smoke. ‘No. He doesn’t need to know.’ He put the cigarette back in his mouth. Abbey reached over and pulled it from between his lips, putting it between her own. ‘Thought you didn’t want one?’ Gerard cocked his eyebrow at her.
‘Changed my mind,’ she grinned.
‘Can’t even make your mind up about rones, no wonder you can’t decide whether you like me or not,’ he chuckled. Abbey sighed, wondering if Gerard knew how truly accurate that statement was.

-----
Sorry guys, it's a bit of a fluffy chapter but it was necessary to resolve some things and set the next phase of the plot in motion.
Rate and review while I get down to business on the next chapter :)
Thank you in advance!
Sign up to rate and review this story