Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is Where It Starts

My Heart

by kenzoid 2 reviews

Mikey and Elodie share a happy moment as Gerard and Babs fall apart.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-11-25 - Updated: 2010-11-26 - 737 words - Complete

0Unrated
BABETTE
So and Gerard and I continued dating. And he continued drinking, popping pills and singing for the band. They had started work on a new album. We had stopped fighting for the most part. Now we kept our arguments private, away from the public. We stopped going to Mikey and Elodie for help.

And as dark as the times may have seemed, there was one little glimmer of light and his name was Benjamin Spike.

Benny was born on a Saturday at two in the morning. He was beautiful and healthy, as was Elodie. The whole band came, but only Gerard, Mikey and me were allowed in as per Elodie’s request. The delivery was easy, and we brought the little boy home two days later. Elodie was so in love with that baby. She was a good mother already.

“Babs, can you get the door?” Elodie called down the hall one day. I opened it to find Mikey on the other side, carrying something in a Target bag.

“Hey, I came to see the munchkin.” Mikey smiled, pulling me into a warm hug. He came over to see Ben and Elodie almost everyday.

“Their in the living room.” I grinned, pushing him off into the room and watching in the kitchen. Mikey revealed that he had bought as blue stuffed bear for Ben, which he seemed immediately fond of.

“Thank you Mikey.” Elodie said, hugging him. I washed the dishes and watched them chitchat for a while. Mikey was so sweet and gentle with her. He was falling in love with a girl that didn’t know how to love him back.

“Hey Mikey, do you know where Gerard went after practice last night?” I called as I put the clean dishes away. Mikey’s smile fell.

“No. I think we went out with Frank and Ray though.” He said bitterly. I grimaced and turned back to the dishes. I hadn’t seen him since last night when I dropped him off.

But suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Mikey, Elodie and I all froze in our spots. The knock sounded once more.

“We should go.” Mikey said, grabbing Elodie who was holding Ben. They retreated to the back room and I was left to face what was behind the front door.

It was Gerard. A drunken, stoned, fucked up Gerard swaying in my doorway, looked helpless and sick.

“What do you want?” I asked coldly. He stumbled inside, nearly toppling me over in the process.

“Can we go lay down? I need some peace and quiet.” He slurred softly. I took him by the hand and led him into the bedroom where we cuddled underneath the covers.

“What’s going on? Do you need to go to the hospital again?” I asked, fear rising in my voice. Gerard quickly shook his greasy head.

“No. I just want to lay down.” He said, blinking his purpled ringed eyes very slowly. “I didn’t sleep at all last night.”

“You should go to bed then. You look awful.” I said, rubbing his shoulder.

“We’re starting work on the new album next month.” Gerard said. “I already have a bunch of songs written.”

“That’s good.” I said, being cautious. Gerard was usually very quiet about his more artistic side.

“We’re gonna call it Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.” He said with a proud and weary smile. I smiled too and brushed a piece of hair out of his eyes.

“Do you remember when Mikey and you were working in that book store?” I asked, grinning at the fond memories when things were simple.

“Yeah…and he got the band name from a novel.” Gerard chuckled. I sighed and shut my eyes for a few seconds.

“That was so long ago.” I mumbled sleepily to myself. Gerard muttered in agreement before snuggling up to me, curling his arms around my shoulders and legs around my waist.

“I wish I could get better.” He said so quietly his voice cracked. I sniffed a little bit and tried to bite back the tears.

“Why do we always cry this way?” I asked, a few leaking past my clamped down eyelids.

“I don’t know.” Gerard said, his voice squeaking terribly. We curled up together and cried. We cried for how things used to be, how they could’ve been and what the future might hold.
Sign up to rate and review this story