Categories > Original > Fantasy > If Eyes Could Speak

Chapter 6

by Zexion_Number_VI 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-11-25 - Updated: 2010-11-26 - 1212 words

0Unrated
Cass's PoV

*

The sight of him was so refreshing. I missed my Grant so much. He seemed so glad to see me, too, which made me feel even better. I missed him like I'd never missed anyone. He told me I was his world, his life, his song. He was the harmony that held us together. My reason to go on. I'd been through so many boyfriends, but I didn't love any of them. I loved Grant. My English Necromancer.

"I love you," I cried weakly.

He pulled away and smiled, his green eyes swimming with happiness. Then, he looked at the puncture wounds on my neck and ran his fingers along them.

"This was my fault," he breathed.

"No," I sighed. "This was all me. It was my fault I left you two alone."

"I shouldn't have let you save me though," Grant growled, more harshly toward himself than me.

"Why?" I sniffled as I felt my eyes begin to sting.

"I risked losing you," he replied sadly and looked me in the eyes. "I can't lose the one thing in my life that's worth living for and, if you had let him just bite me, I could have been like you!"

"I know the consequences of being a Vampire!" I exclaimed, bloody tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "I don't want you to experience this!" I was hoping to have a good time when I came back and just stay there in his arms. Now I know that that would never have happened, no matter how much I wanted it to. "Grant. I love you! Why can't you just accept that and not try to change your entire goddamn life!"

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" he blurted.

I gasped and my eyes widened as he covered his mouth with his hand and stumbled backward until he was sitting on his bed.

"What?" I breathed.

"I said..." he began hesitantly and almost sadly. "I said I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I can't if you stay young and I grow old. Cass....I love you, but I think we need to...break up."

I swear I heard my dying heart split down the middle. I shook my head rapidly and ran down the hall toward my room, but I ran in to someone. They caught me and I looked up as they gasped.

"Cass?" Chace squeaked. "I thought you weren't coming back and...why are you crying?"

Then I realized that I had the bloody tears running down my cheeks. I removed myself from his arms and wiped away the tears the best I could. Though, they just kept spilling out.

"Grant and I just broke up," I sobbed because when I said it, I cried even harder.

Chace took me in again and held me tightly. He was wearing a white shirt and it was me crying into it.

"It's going to be okay, Cass," he whispered. "I'm here for you."

"I know," I sniffled, pulling away to look at how bad the tear stains were.

I ran my fingers along them and Chace laughed. "I'll come over tonight and we can watch the movie I just rented," he offered.

"What movie?" I asked.

"Um..." He thought. "I think it's some movie called /Remember Me/."

"I've been really wanting to see that," I smiled as I rubbed my eyes, smearing the mascara and eyeliner.

"Okay," he grinned sweetly. "Swing by tonight after we finish setting up the ball."

I nodded, hugged him once more, and headed to my room. I liked Chace, but I felt that if I were to do anything to start dating him, he'd just be a rebound and I'd hurt him so much. I wanted to hurt no one. Especially him. He was always there for me. But Grant had been too.

I opened my bedroom door, slammed it shut, and plopped down on the bed. I started crying again and buried my face in the pillow. Screw Grant and his harshly alluring ways!

*

Chace's PoV

*

I walked back to the room to give Grant a little piece of my mind. I entered and found him curled up on the corner of his bed, crying. I laid my ears back on the top of my head and my eye twitched. I left before I attacked him. I wasn't going to hurt him for something he was crying over too. I had been in love with Cass from first glance. Anything that hurt her was going to die. My ears twitched as I sat against the wall. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin on top of them with a sigh.

"What am I going to do?" I asked myself.

"What are you talking about, Big Bro?" my little sister asked.

I looked up at her and replied, "Nothing, Ash."

"C'mon Chace!" she whined. "You never tell me anything!" I shook my head, sending my feather flying from one of my ponytails, then she stomped her foot as I picked it up and put it back in my hair. "And, I know when your ears twitch or lay flat against your head, there's something wrong!"

"You wouldn't understand this, Ash," I growled, so she backed off a bit.

"I wish you had never hit puberty!" she exclaimed angrily. "You used to be fun to be around! Now you're just a...a...a depressing punk!"

I snarled at her, so she turned and stormed off.

"Chace?" a stuffy-nosed and rough voice asked.

I looked over to see Grant standing in the doorway of our room. My ears began twitching madly.

"What?" I barked.

"What are you doing back so early?" he wondered, sitting down by me.

/Don't bite his head off, whatever you do/, I had to keep telling myself as I answered, "I came to get a movie for me and Cass to watch that I rented."

Grant then actually glared at me and everything around us went dark and silent. My ears stayed still as I looked around, my bloody-colored eyes adjusting to the darkness.

"You two really shouldn't fight," a strangely familiar voice came out of the never ending shadows. "After all, you are two of the four mentioned in the Necromancy Prophesy."

We looked at each other instantly out of amazement. I then continued to look around and finally found a fairly handsome young man. About five-ten, pasty skin, shaggy red hair, blazing citrine eyes. It was one of my old best friends from when I lived in Ireland!

"Phil?" I smiled. "Phil O'Riley!"

"Hey, Chace," he nodded once and continued, "Just think, one Demon, one Necromancer, one Vampire, and one Fallen Angel. All of which I know belong. I have been entrusted in telling the first one I find but, luckily, there are two. The girl, Christa Dusk? Yeah. I recommend becoming very good friends with her. And the other girl, Cass. You two, Grant, really need to kiss and make up or something, because she's kind of the leader of the operation."

"Shit!" I heard Grant murmur.

Well this was just great....I had to get Grant and my one true love back together...
Sign up to rate and review this story