Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Ainsley's Mother Knows Best

by AshTheDeathBat 4 reviews

After finally being freed from the hospital, Hazel is moved in with Gerard. But first, she has a heart to heart with her mother figure.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-26 - Updated: 2010-11-27 - 1306 words

1Exciting
A/N: Every time I tried to type car for this update, I ended up putting the word blood.
I mean, those words have so many letters in common and everything. Let's see a total of ... oh zero.
I'm moronic. Don't mind me.


I was out of the hospital in four days, on crutches that is. Snow had started to fall the day before I got out. Gerard had went and got me a new winter coat and other various articles of clothing to help keep me warm. I wasn’t in pain because of all the medicine I’d been prescribed. They also kept me in a great mood.

“How are we going to keep me safe from Cole?” I asked as Gerard helped me into his car.

“You’re going to move in with me.” He grinned as he shut my door and ventured to his side.

“But,” I said once he had got in. “Wouldn’t that be the most obvious thing that you could do?”

“I guess.” He sighed. “But, your scent is still in Ainsley’s house, so we move you in with me.”

“Oh, so we’re putting my best friend and her mother in danger?” I huffed as we pulled out of the parking space, heading in the direction of Ains’ house.

“No!” He laughed slightly. “Once we set foot in her house, get your stuff and leave, your smell will be lost. The house’s scent, the smells of the hospital and that stupid perfume Ainsley likes will kill it.”

“Well, what are we going to do when my scent fills your house?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He replied.

“…Nothing.” I repeated, rolling my eyes at him.

“Yep.”

“So, we are just going to sit there and let Cole come in the house and kill all of us?”

“No!” He exclaimed, almost bursting into a hysterical laugh. “I’m giving you these things that are going to cover you scent. All you’ll have to do is carry them in your pockets.”

“What’s in them?” I asked him. “It’s not going to make me smell like… an elephant or something is it?”

“No. It won’t make you smell like an elephant. More like a pile of dog shit.”

“WHAT?” I yelled, slapping his arm.

“I’m kidding. I’m kidding!” He laughed. “It will make your smell change.”

“What do I smell like?” I asked him.

“You…” He thought for a minute. “I can’t really describe your smell. It smells wonderful to me. I feel relaxed and loved when I smell it. It reminds me of a light lavender color when I think of you.”

“So, it’s a good smell?”

“It’s a great smell.” He smiled at me before silence over took the car.

“Do you ever want to give in and suck my blood?” I asked him after a while.

“All the time.” He replied.

“Come on.” He pulled into Ainsley’s drive way. “Let’s get your stuff.”

Gerard helped me out of the car and led me up to the door. He knocked on it and we waited.

“It’s okay, mom!” Ainsley’s loud mouth yelled. “I got it.” The door flung open. “Oh, hey guys.” She grinned ear to ear.

“Hey,” Gerard and I said as she moved out of the way so that I could get in.

“Did you tell mom I was moving out?” I asked her.

“Not yet. I’ll do that now.” She went over near the kitchen doorway and yelled. “MOM! Hazel is being followed by an evil vampire and is moving in with her boyfriend! He is protecting her!”

“Ainsley!” We both hissed at her.

“Relax.” She giggled.

“That’s nice, dear.” Her mother called from the kitchen.

“You of all people should know when I say things like that, my mom knows I mean something completely different, Hazel.” She rolled her eyes at me then went up the stairs.

“Oh, well, yeah.” I laughed, feeling slightly embarrassed with myself.

Gerard picked me up and carried me up the staircase, into Ainsley’s room.

“I have most of your stuff packed already.” Ainsley said, shoving a rather large duffel bag in our direction.

“Thanks Ains.” I told her as Gerard placed me down. I looked around the room, double checking to make sure nothing had been left out.

“Are you sure you want to move out?” She asked as she picked up my messenger bag and handed it to Gerard. Sadness was ringing in her voice.

“Yes.” I told her, picking up another bag which Gerard quickly snatched away from me. “I can’t put you and mom in danger anymore.”

“Alright.” She hung her head and walked out of the room.

Gerard picked me up again and carried me down the stairs with all my bags over his shoulders.

“You know,” I picked up my crutches that we’d thrown down at the bottom of the stair case. “I’m going to have to get used to using those eventually.”

“It’s not a problem for me.” He laughed.

“Hazel, dear.” Ainsley’s mother called from the kitchen. “Could you come in here please? I would like to have a talk with you.”

“Okay,” I said, motioning for Gerard to go take my bags out to the car. I struggled to make my way into the kitchen.

“Have a seat dear.” She said, indicating the chair across from her at the table. “Keep off your feet as much as you can.”

I fumbled with the chair for a while, before figuring out the trick to sitting down. I looked back up at her once I had got my crutches settled on the ground.

“Well,” She sighed. “As you know, I don’t believe Ainsley’s excuse.”

“Yeah,” I forced a laugh. “Vampires. Silly Ainsley.”

“Anyway, you’re probably just moving out with Gerard because you think that you have found true love.” She stopped and looked up from her fingers, in which she had been strumming on the table top. “It’s not that I don’t like Gerard, Hazel baby.” She told me quickly. “He seems like a wonderful young man. The way he’s been looking after you ever since fell ill and were in that car wreck on the way to the hospital is just wonderful.”

That’s what they had told her. I had the urge to correct her, but bit my tongue.

“Listen,” she continued. “I just don’t want you to make the same mistake that I did. I suppose Ainsley has told you about that.”

I nodded and sadly looked down at my hands.

Ainsley told me all about her mom, around the second time I’d stayed over in junior high school. Ainsley’s mom was seventeen when she gave birth. Truthfully, Ainsley had never even met her dad. Well, she didn’t remember it any way. He left her mom two weeks after she had been born. That could have been one of the key reasons we hit it off so well. Neither of us had a father figure.

“Being a teenage mom is hard.” She continued. “Please, just promise me that’s one thing you won’t become.”

I looked up into the green eyes that matched Ainsley’s and gave a warm smile. “I promise, Mom.”

“Good.” She grinned as she got up. She helped me up and gave me a hug.

“Ready to go?” Gerard walked into the kitchen, he’d probably been standing by the doorway the entire time.

“Yeah,” I picked up my crutches as Gerard pulled me into an embrace.

“Treat her right, Gerard.” Mom threatened him, leaning up against their refrigerator.

“Don’t worry.” He looked at her and nodded his head. “I always will.”
Sign up to rate and review this story