Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Pain Killers Are Love

by AshTheDeathBat 3 reviews

Gerard gives Hazel something that should help her out. And Hazel drives Mikey to a point of insanity.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-10 - Updated: 2010-12-10 - 1116 words

3Funny
A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates. It's crunch time at my college and (dun dun dun!) finals week is next week. I've been busy. But anyway. Here's an update for you. Thanks to everyone that has been reviewing :)

Gerard and I made it into his house with a little bit of struggling due to my crutches. We got into the living room to find Frank sitting on the couch. He eyes fixed on the television and his mouth slightly ajar. Gerard ignored his existence and tossed two small bags at me. I caught them, nearly wobbling over to the ground.

“Uh, Gerard,” I started, staring at the bags. I looked back up at him. “I don’t do drugs.”

“It’s not drugs!” He rolled his eyes and started to laugh slightly. “It’s what is going to keep you safe.”

“Oh,” I glanced back down at them. “So…what do I do with them?”

“Put them in the pockets of whatever you are wearing that day.” He told me.

“…Can I eat them?” I asked him.

“No.”

“Can I eat them?” Frank snapped his attention away from the television at the thought of food.

“No.”

“Well, I think they look pretty eatable.”

“Well, they aren’t. Besides, you think everything is eatable. …And I don’t even think that eatable is an actual word.” Gerard threw a weird look at him.

“It is so!” Frank defended himself and his word, crossing his arms. “Come on! I bet they taste like Twizzlers!”

“So… I’m gonna smell like a Twizzler?” I stared at Gerard blankly.

“No!” Gerard glared at Frankie. “He’s just being a retard.”

“I am not!” Frank threw his hands up in the air and looked rather offended.

“Why don’t you just go back to watching your television and drooling down your chin?”

“But I want those TWIZZLERS!”

“Twizzlers?” Ray walked into the room. “That sounds good. I could dig some Twizzlers.”

“Oh my fuck. No one is getting any Twizzlers.” Gerard yelled, fed up.

Ray hung his head and wandered out of the room as fast as he had come in. The television started to grow louder. I looked over to see Frank staring blankly at it.

“So,” I did my best not to giggle. “What’s in them?”

“Well-”

“This means no Twizzlers, right?”

“Frankie!” Gerard growled, as I let out a small laugh.

“Alright! Jeez!” Frank yelled back and then went back to his T.V. again.

“They have… mortal things in them to help hide your smell. They will make you smell like someone else.”

“So… do I get Twizzlers now?” Frank looked back over at Gerard.

“I’m going to strangle you!” Gerard yelled.

I laughed as he jumped on top of Frank and started to put him in a headlock. I shoved the bags into my back pockets. Hoping they would keep me safe.




The next day, I hobbled into work as fast as my crutches could carry me.

“Hooray!” I cheered as I leaned against the counter and hugged the cash register.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so excited over going to work.” Mikey laughed at me as I pulled myself off of the register.

“Hey.” I started as I attempted to scoot a stool behind the counter so I could sit on it. It clattered to the floor and I cursed under my breath. “When you have been through all the shitty drama that I have, it’s nice to have something normal.”

“That’s true.” He sighed, picking up the stool and carrying behind the counter for me.

“I could have done that.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“A simple thank you would have been just fine.”

“Thank you so much, Mikey!” I spun around on my foot that wasn’t being held hostage in a cast.

“I think they gave you the wrong amount of pain killers to take.” He stared at me.

“You’re just jealous that I feel better than you do.” I told him, hurrying over and sitting down on my stool.

“I’m sure.” He snorted. “Did you get those bags that Gerard made for you?”

“Yes, mother.” I grinned at him.

“I’m just trying to keep you safe.”

“I know.” I said to him. “And you are doing a fine job… mother.”

He mumbled something under his breath.

“What? I couldn’t make that out.”

“I said you are being fucking annoying!” He exclaimed.

I let my mouth fall open and did an overdramatic gasp.

“Oh, my God. This is going to be a long day.”

Four hours went by. Mikey reluctantly gave me my next dose of pain killers. Customers came and customers went. I talked and creeped them out. Pain killers were fun.

“Hey Mikey!” Elle walked in. “Gerard’s can-”

“You brought me a present…didn’t you?” I asked quickly.

She stared at me, looking confused. “Uh…no.”

“Yeah, you did.” I told her as I laid my head down on the counter.

“Gerard’s cancelling band practice tonight.” She turned her attention to Mikey, ignoring me.

“Did he say why?” Mikey asked, he sounded a bit shocked.

“No.” She sighed. “He just hasn’t been acting right lately.”

“I…” I rose my head off the counter and jabbed my index finger in the air. “I like Gerard.”

“…I’m sure you do.” Elle’s eyes were wide. She looked over at Mikey.

“It’s the pain killers.” He rolled his eyes.

“Oh, that explains it.” She laughed. She walked over and hugged Mikey. “I’ll see you guys tonight. Bye!”

“Bye!” I called to her as she started to walk out.

“Bye!” Mikey said, turning back to his box he’d been working with.

“Bye!” I screamed at him. There was no response. “BYEEEE!”

He turned away from his box and gave me a death glare. “I’m going to strangle you before the day is over.”

I giggled in response and laid my head back down on the counter.

The rest of the day slowly went by. I was starting to get so tired from the pain killers and the work day. Mikey helped me through the font door of his house and laid me down one the couch. Gerard had cancelled band practice to feed, which meant all the boys were gone. Mikey went off to join them, leaving me alone with the girls.

I felt exhausted, it was hard to keep my eyes open. The girls started asking me all kinds of silly questions, but they were all running together in my head. Before I knew it, I had passed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story