Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Smell of Pure Fear

Lonesome

by LittleMissFae 4 reviews

Darcy and Gerard confide in each other.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-11-27 - Updated: 2010-11-28 - 1109 words

5Ambiance
I forgot bout this story! So sorry. I'll try not to let this happen again. This is kind if the first part of a two part chapter. I didn't want to upload it all as one because I figured this way, it gave you a feel for the characters again. Plus, it needs some awaiting/ anxious time for the next chapter! Thanks for reading. Also, What do you think of the new album? Personally, I'm not getting it for another month!

The next hour was excrutiatingly boring. I kept watching the clock, wanting the hour to pass by quicker. I was beyond excited to hang out with Gerard. He seemed like a fun person to be around. Not just that though, he didn't mind my sarcasm. It didn't chase him away, big plus!

Finally the hour passed by and I walked to the picnic tables. Gerard was already waiting for me.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yep." I took a seat in the black car and settled in while he turned some music on.

"I'm warning you now. My mom is at my apartment. She's helping Mikey and me get situated. My mom is going to freak out when I bring a girl inside. A good freak out though. She'll be happy to see I have some friends."

"Lonely much? It kind of sounds like you're a loser. I'm not sure if I want to hang out with losers."
I lifted my eyebrow at him and placed my L-shaped fingers on my forehead. 
                          
Gerard chuckled at me and rolled his eyes. "I really like you, Darcy. I can tell you're a strong girl. My family is going to really like you. Especially my brother. He's a lot like me, just sweeter and quieter. He works down at Jonnie's Books."

"I'd love to meet him."

"What's your family like?" Gerard asked the simplest question, yet it was the most difficult to answer. How are you suppose to answer that normally? I didn't know how.

"Oh, they're family. What should you expect?" 

"True. I understand completely," Not even close. He continued on, "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"None, so I wouldn't know what it would be like."

"I only have the one brother, Mikey. But I couldn't ever have a better brother. We've been through everything together. My parents seperated for a small time period, only about a year. It felt as if our family was nothing when that happened. My mom felt broken. So did my dad. They were both very distant. My momma started drinking a lot and she would come home and hit us. Mind you, we were only about 10 so we didn't know how to get her help. Dad finally came back and it seemed to have made everything go back to normal again. But between that and high school, my brother and I became extremely close. In high school we never were the popular kids. For a while Mikey tried to be popular but soon quit, discovering what all that meant he had to do. As for me, I always had friends. I wasn't a reject when I was with them. I'm still friends with most of them too. They were all in the music crowd too. They weren't like the others, they weren't the typical guy from my school. But neither were I." Gerard sighed after realizing what all he had said. Then a look of horror came on his face when he realized I had been listening intently the entire time. I enjoyed hearing about other's troubles. It sounds sick but it makes me feel like i'm not alone in this harsh world. Gerard knew a little bit of how I felt. Not completely, but he would at least try to understand. I'm sure of that. 

"I'm sorry that all happened to you. I know exactly what you mean. Three years ago my mom left my dad for one of her clients. It crushed us all, she wasn't even showing signs of being unhappy with my dad. She refused to let me stay with her so I had to come live with my dad. I hated leaving Ireland. I couldn't even figure out why my dad wanted to be in America so bad. To be honest, nothing in America was better than Ireland. Especially New York. My dad started drinking and doing drugs. He became abusive and started shoving me around. Even after I graduated I couldn't seem to find the nerve to leave home. He needed me and I knew that, who else would take care of him? In high school, life was hard. Everyone somehow knew what was happening at home. They teased me and told me how my dad hated me when I came to school with a black eye. I didn't want to make any friends because I didn't want them to hurt me. I made several friends though in the end. We sometimes talk but it's difficult with my dad." Gerard stared at me without speaking, in awe for several moments. I had told him a lot, but I hadn't told him everything. I had left out a good portion of the really bad parts. Like the random men I wake up to, groping me. He had much to learn but I had no intention on letting him know. That would be too much. He couldn't ever know what truly hid behind the door.

"I don't even know where to begin. You need to get out of that house. You deserve so much better. I can see why you put up that tough front though. You've been through so much."

"Tough front? It is not a front, Gerard. It's who I am."

"If you need a place to stay, my house is always open, time doesn't matter." He scribbled something on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Call any time. I'll come pick you up and do what's needed."

I pocketed the paper as he drove into a parking lot. Gerard turned off the car and locked it, guiding me to his apartment. When he opened the door, a middle aged woman was hammering a shelf onto the wall. Gerard rushed to help his mother.

His mother left Gerard's side to greet me. "Hello, I'm Donna." Donna wore a warm smile on her lips. She showed her affection toward me by hugging me. I already liked this woman. She'd been through so much but came through well. In my eyes, she could be a hero. Gerard was so lucky to have her. 

I had a strange feeling that I was also lucky to have Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story