Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Ain't It Fun

Chapter 3: The Realization of Your Deepest Hopes

by rmrose2662 0 reviews

Axl and Riley, fully together, finally!

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-11-30 - Updated: 2010-12-01 - 2066 words - Complete

1Moving

Oddly enough, I saw Axl a lot more, but whenever I saw him he usually had some other girl on his arm. I would be hanging out with Steven or Slash at the apartment and in would walk Axl, some over-excited girl with him. It drove me fucking INSANE!!! I didn’t love Axl, there was no way I could, but I still felt jealous whenever he was with someone else. Especially when that someone was hot as Hell and younger than me.
Then one day, when I was hanging out with Slash, Axl came out of his room. This was weird. Axl always seemed very social and acted like he had no better place to be than out on the street, picking up chicks. Or at least, that’s how it appeared to me.
Slash suddenly needed to go on a cig run and left me alone with Axl. The scary thing was no one else was at the apartment. I was sitting on the couch with Axl in the kitchen making God knows what. Thankfully, Slash and I had been playing our guitars before he left, so I had my SG in my lap. I pretended that I was trying to tune my guitar, but in all actuality I was listening to Axl.
I heard his footsteps start for the living room. In my attempt to look like I was busy, I began playing the riff to Crazy Train. Of course it didn’t sound as good as Randy Rhoads, but A.) I wasn’t plugged in, and B.) I will be the first to admit that I am no Randy Rhoads.
Axl sat next to me and I could feel my heartbeat pick up. Why was it that whenever Axl got near me my literal heart insisted on giving me away?
I did my best to ignore Axl, and in my mind I think I did pretty well. Axl flipped on the T.V. I looked up to find “Press Your Luck” on. Who the hell was watching this earlier? This was one of the gayest shows ever. Axl flipped the channel to MTV. I was surprised that Axl watched this stuff. I had pegged him for more of a porn kinda guy. Or maybe he was a porn guy but was just trying to make a good impression on me.
Things were going pretty well. Axl wasn’t talking to me and I had my guitar to keep me entertained.
And then one of my strings broke.
“Shit,” I mumbled.
“What’s wrong?”
Shit, shit, SHIT!!!!!
“Nothing. I just broke a string.”
“Let me see.”
I was still for a moment. I looked up at Axl, which was a huge mistake. I froze up.
“Uh…” I gulped. “No really. It’s okay. It’s just a string. I can fix it later.”
Axl scooted closer to me. He took my guitar and looked at it for a moment. “Heavy strings?”
“Uh, yeah.”
Axl looked at me and smiled. “Well I’d offer you some of Slash’s strings. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if you had some, but I think Jeff used the last set of heavy strings.”
“Honestly, it’s fine. I have some at home.”
I took my guitar back and walked over to the door to put it in its case. I heard Axl stand up behind me.
“You’re not leaving are you?”
I looked back. I was still bent in half, latching my case together. I was shocked to see that Axl was staring at my face and not my ass. I stood up straight and turned my body to him. “Not if you don’t want me to.” It took all my nerve to say that.
“I don’t want you to go.” What made believe this was he didn’t say it like he wanted to have sex with me. He sounded like he genuinely didn’t want me to leave him.
We looked at each other for a moment. Axl started walking towards me. I got a sudden urge to run at him and have him pick me up into a hug like they do in romance movies, but something told me that would have been too much. Instead I let him come to me. He put his hands on my waist. I looked away from him. He tipped my head up to look back at him. “What’s wrong Riley?”
I was silent. I didn’t want to talk to Axl all that much.
“Riley, please talk to me. I can’t help but feel like you’re mad at me.”
“I am.” The words came out of my mouth before I knew what I was thinking.
Axl frowned. “What? Why? What’d I do?”
My mouth popped open. “Axl, that night on top of the Whiskey, I felt like you used me. And every time I’m here, except today, you have a different girl with you.”
“Are you jealous?”
“That’s beside the point.”
Axl dropped his hands from my waist. “No it’s not. It’s exactly to the point. If you’re jealous then no wonder you’re mad at me.”
“Well maybe I am jealous but as I said, I feel like you used me.”
“Why would you feel that way?”
“Because you just gave me a hug goodbye. That’s it! You just said, ‘See you around Riley’ and left me all alone on a roof!” I was starting to get really mad at Axl.
He laughed. “That’s what you’re mad about?”
I frowned. “Yes, that’s what I’m mad about!”
“Riley, I do that all the time.”
“You leave all your girls on the roof of the Whiskey?”
“No, but I’m bad about leaving people in general, not just girls. Don’t take it personally Riley.”
“I do take it personally. And what makes me feel even worse is that I did stuff with you that I thought I’d never do.”
“Like having sex on the Whiskey?”
“Well yeah, but I wasn’t really talking about that. More along the lines of making out with you the night I met you and having sex with you the second night I saw you. That’s not how I normally act. I act like a slut around you, and, contrary to popular belief, that’s not who I am.”
Axl put his hands on my shoulder. “I know you’re not Riley,” he whispered. I felt a little better, but not by much.
“Well you treat me like one.”
He moved his hands down my arm to grab mine. “I don’t mean to. It’s just how I am. I get so wrapped up with myself that I tend to forget about other people. I really don’t mean to hurt you.”
I thought about it a moment. The way Axl said it sounded sincere, but it made me wonder if he had used it on any other girl who grew mad at Axl after abandoning them. The latter seemed the most likely choice. I shook my head and pulled my hands out of Axl’s and walked past him to the couch.
“Riley, please.”
“I don’t believe you.”
“Why not? What have I said that could in any way make you even madder at me?”
I sat on the couch and stretched my legs to rest on the coffee table in front of me. “It seems like you say that to every girl who gets mad at you.”
“Riley, I don’t.”
“Of course you’d say that. You’re not going to say it to my face.”
Axl began walking towards me. His hands balled up into fists. Axl was visibly getting angry. “Riley, I would never-“
“Admit it? Of course you wouldn’t.”
Axl looked like he wanted to strangle me. A weird gleam flashed in his eye and I have to admit I was starting to get scared; but I refused to show it. I looked straight into Axl’s face and didn’t flinch a centimeter.
Axl moves very fast, let me just clarify that. So it’s not my fault that one second he and I were staring at each other from across the room and the next he had me on my feet with his hands on my shoulders, kissing me. That was all him…at least that’s how I remember it.
Although I will admit I did begin kissing him back.
There was something about Axl that I just couldn’t resist. I had met, and dated, many guys who were considered irresistible but I had dumped them so obviously they weren’t. With Axl, I couldn’t help but let him do what he wanted with me. It wasn’t that he was forcing me to do any of this, but he was such a convincing person.
Axl and I kept kissing and soon the movement of our mouths became mesmerizing. I don’t know how long we were like that, but it wasn’t long, before Slash came back to the apartment. The sound of the door opening made me pull away from Axl, but he kept holding me around the waist. I was trying to get his hands off me when the door opened completely.
Slash walked in and started laughing the moment he saw us.
I turned around in Axl’s arms, giving up my fight, to face Slash and crossed my arms. “What’s so funny?”
“Nothing, it’s just it’s about fucking time!!!”
“What do you mean?”
Slash straightened up but he was still smiling, “Come on dude, everyone knows you and Axl are together.”
I raised an eyebrow. “Who said we were together?”
Slash gestured to Axl’s arms.
I looked down at Axl’s hands which were now holding me by my hips. “Oh yeah.”
Axl laughed now and I jabbed my elbow into his ribcage, not enough to hurt but enough to get him to shut up. He sniggered again but tilted his head down to kiss my cheek. I blushed and Slash rolled his eyes.
I ducked out of Axl’s arms and went to sit on the couch. “What took you so long anyway?”
Slash’s smile grew wider. “Well I met this hot chick and we-“
“On second though I don’t wanna know!”
Axl sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and decided, since everyone knew Axl and I were more or less together, that I wasn’t going to hold anything back. I adjusted myself so I was facing Axl on the couch and began kissing him.
“Geez Riles. Can’t even wait until I’m out of the room.”
“Shut up, Slash!” Axl called over his shoulder for a second as I flipped Slash off.
Slash left us alone and things between me and Axl intensified. By the time everyone else got home (don’t ask me where they were. I don’t remember) Axl had me pinned under him with my shirt pulled over my chest exposing my bra. Axl and I got a few comments on that one.
When everyone else came home I decided it was my time to go. Axl was still asking me to stay but I knew that wouldn’t work out. Besides, I still had my doubts the EVERYONE knew about Axl and me. Duff and Izzy sure, but I don’t know about Steven. He’s always been a little slow…
Axl and I spent time together a lot more often than before. I saw him almost every day and I actually felt like he cared for me. I won’t say love, because I don’t think he loved me then. I know I didn’t fully love him then.
Although it didn’t take long for me to love him. It took about a month and for me that’s extremely fast. The only reason I knew I loved him was because I felt the same way around him as I had when I was around Bruce Dickinson, my first true love.
Then Axl did something that to this day I hate just as much as the day it happened.
He wrote a song…
For another girl.
Sign up to rate and review this story