Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Want to Let You Down

I Never Want to Let You Down

by MotorBaby4 1 review

Melanie is just a girl. Though, she does have her problems. But, when she moves to New Jersey and makes her first real best friend it changes her life, for the better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-01 - Updated: 2010-12-02 - 1306 words

0Unrated
She walked in to her first class of her first day at her new school. She hadn’t dressed up or anything. Just a pair of ripped jeans and a Black Flag t-shirt, and a sweat shirt. Her first class was health. “Fantastic” she thought as she walked up to the teacher. “Hi” She said “I’m Melanie, I’m new here.” “Ah, yes.” She replied “There are no assigned seats in the class, so sit where ever you like.” She nodded and took a seat in the back of the class. She hated the idea of starting over, in a new town. “Not like the old one was much better.” She thought to herself. More students filed in the classroom, and a few minutes later the bell rang. The teacher began to call role. Melanie sat with her head on her desk until she heard the door fly open. “Mr. Iero” The teacher said “You’re late.” He gave a sheepish grin and handed her his late slip, and took his seat in the back of the room. Melanie looked at him for a second. It looked like his nose had been bleeding. She quickly looked away though, because she didn’t want to get caught staring.

Once Frank had taken his seat he noticed the new girl sitting a few seats over. Her head was on her desk, and her light brown hair was covering most of her face. Just then a wad of paper hit his head. He looked over at the corner of the room where all the jocks sat, laughing together. “Ah-ha.” Frank said “Aren’t we fucking intelligent? We know how to throw paper. Too bad you can’t throw a fucking football.” “Frank!” The teacher yelled. “Watch your language or I will kick you out of my class room! You hear me?” He muttered a simple yes and sunk down in his seat. He regretted what he had said. Not because it was mean, or anything. Only because it would cause him pain once the bell rang. Just then a folded up piece of paper was passed onto his desk. He opened it, it read; "What the fuck is her problem? She a gym teacher or something?” Frank looked over at the new girl who was now looking up at him. She was wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with the hood up. And had only a little make-up on. The biggest thing he noticed was her lip-ring. He wrote back; "Yeah, how’d you guess?" He passed the note back to her. “Why is she talking to me?” He silently asked himself.

Melanie watched Frank as he read the paper. He looked kind of confused, she wasn’t really sure why. He scribbled on the paper and handed it back to her. "Yeah, how’d you guess?" "She seems like the bitchy gym teacher type, that’s all. I‘m Melanie, by the way." She passed the note back to him. He wrote on the paper for a few seconds and handed it back, avoiding Coach Lane’s glares. "Well, you’re right. Definitely the bitchy type, also the girls basketball coach. I’m Frank. You’re new here, right?"

He watched her as she wrote her reply. “She’s just going to become a prep in a week or so. Then she’ll be over there laughing at me.” He thought. She handed him the note. "Yupp. New to the school, new to town, new to Jersey. Hey, you wouldn’t happen to know where 2nd period Honors English is, would you?" Frank read the note and scribbled back; "Actually I do. It’s my next class. I can take you there, if you want."

Melanie waited for Frank to write back. “Could I have possibly made a friend?” She wondered to herself. She hadn’t had any her hometown, never hung out with anyone. Unless you count the bullies shoving her into trashcans after school. Frank handed her the note. "Actually I do. It’s my next class. I can take you there, if you want."
"If you don’t mind, that’d be great. I have no fucking clue where I’m going." She handed him back the note. He looked at her, nodded, smiled, and stuck the note in his folder just before Coach Lane called on him. “Frank? Do you know the answer?”

“Ah, shit.” He muttered under his breath. “The answer to what?” He asked. “Mr. Iero, I suggest you start paying attention every once and a while.” She went on to torture someone else. Frank slumped back in his seat, and worried about when the bell rang. He could either take Melanie and hurry up and get out, or he could just take his time, and hope that the assholes he had dissed earlier in class would leave them alone. The bell finally rang and group of jocks quickly exited the room. Frank threw his folder in his back pack and waited for Melanie. “You ready?” He asked.

She nodded and said “Lets go.” They walked out of the classroom, and Frank was happy to see that the jocks didn‘t wait for him. “The English rooms are in the other building.” He said. “Okay.” Melanie replied. Frank couldn’t help but feel awkward around her. He didn’t really talk to that many people, let alone girls. “So, Frank,” She said. “Who were those dicks in the corner of the room?” He rolled his eyes. “That was Matt Thomas and his group of idiots. They think they’re all that because they’re the only sophomores on our shitty varsity football team.” “I see.” She said. “Well, I really like what you said to them…even though you got bitched at.” “Thanks” Frank said. He almost told her that he’d pay for it later, but he didn’t want to bring her in the middle of anything.

They arrived to the classroom in a few minutes and Frank took his normal seat, right in the back. Melanie went up to the teacher and did the usual “I’m a new student” speech. The teacher told her that there was only one open seat. “Oh great.” Melanie thought. The teacher looked a piece of paper for a moment. “Probably the seating chart…” Melanie thought. “Let me see, your seat will be right beside…Mr. Iero.” She pointed to the seat next to Frank. Melanie took her seat and class begin.

Once the bell rang Frank asked Melanie “What’s your next class?” She dug through her bag and got out her schedule. “Fuck. Gym.” He frowned apologetically and said “Didn’t you take it last year?” She shook her head “At my old school we didn’t need a P.E credit to graduate.” “Well, I didn’t take it last year either.” He said. They started walking towards the gym “What do you have fourth?” Melanie asked Frank. “Geometry.” He said. She sighed and said “Same. I’m horrible at math.” “That makes two of us.”

When they arrived to the gym Frank and Melanie went their separate ways to the locker rooms. Melanie was given a pair of basketball shorts to wear until she brought her own. When she walked out of the girls locker room, she started making her way towards where Frank was standing. As she approached him she noticed that the side of his head was red. “What happened?” She asked. He shook his head and said “I’ll tell you later.” It was just then that Frank noticed that Melanie was wearing a Black Flag shirt. “Holy hell!” He said “I have that same shirt!” “Really?” Melanie asked “You like Black Flag?!” He nodded and said “I think we’re going to be great friends.”
Sign up to rate and review this story