Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Want to Let You Down

People Suck

by MotorBaby4 2 reviews

Melanie's first day of school continues, and her and Frank become closer.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2010-12-02 - Updated: 2010-12-03 - 916 words

0Unrated
*A/N Sorry if this is sort of boring, but I had to get them through the rest of the school day. xoxo.*

Later at lunch Melanie saw that Frank’s head was starting to bruise. “Seriously, what happened?” She asked, though she was pretty sure she already knew the answer. Frank sighed and said “Matt Thomas happened.” She looked at him apologetically “He bullies you?” Frank nodded. “Asshole” Was all she said. Then, as if on cue Matt and his whole “clique” walked by. “Looks like the fag has a girlfriend.” One of them said. Melanie turned and looked at him “If he had a girlfriend wouldn’t that imply that he’s straight?” The guy just stared at her, amazed that she talked back to him. “Dumbass.” She said as she turned back around. The group walked to their table. “Yeah, you might not want to keep hanging out with me.” Frank said “Or else this will happen to you.” He pointed to his bruised head. Melanie shrugged. “So, what? I’m used to it.”

Frank kind of figured that. One; She was hanging out with him. Two; She seemed like kind of a smart-ass, and bullies didn’t like it when you made them look like a dumbass in front of people. “Just watch out for those girls.” He said pointing to a group of blonde cheerleaders. “Total bitches.” “I know.” Melanie said. “They’ve already pointed out the fact that I look like a dyke about six times in the locker room.” Frank rolled his eyes. “People suck.”

The bell rang, and Frank and Melanie left the lunch room. “You have Biology next?” Frank asked. Melanie nodded. “Well, AP bio.” “You?” He shook his head. “Nah, just regular biology.” “Well damn.” She said “Broke our streak.” Luckily, their classes were right beside each other, so Melanie avoided getting lost. “See you after class, Frank.” She said as she went into the room. She went up to the teacher, he looked up at her, “Ah, Melanie! Nice to have you in my class. I hear very good things from your previous Biology teacher.” She just smiled politely. “There’s an empty seat there in the back.” He said as he pointed to a desk. “Books are on the shelves, just grab one.” “Thanks.” She said before she grabbed her book and took her seat.

Melanie liked science, she was good at it. Parts of it were so complex that you just get caught up in it. No nagging thoughts, just her and science. Melanie had always had problems, but ever since her mom and dads divorce they just seemed to get worse. Her depression had come back, but that didn’t shock her. It would always come back. No matter what she did.

Frank quickly walked in the room and took his seat, avoiding the row of desks where the jocks and preps sat. He hated them, hated them with a passion. “One day” He thought “One day, they’ll fucking regret it.” Class seemed to forever to start. Frank was no good at Biology. He couldn’t stand to focus on it too long, not because he didn’t understand it, just because he didn’t care. “Hey faggot!” He heard a voice call. He kept his head down. Even though he was on the opposite side of the room, they still had to bug him. “Why isn’t he answering to his name?” Another loud, obnoxious voice said. “Maybe he forgot his name.” A third one said. By this point his hands were clenched into tight fists. Then a wad of chewed up gum landed on his desk. He rolled his eyes and pushed it onto the floor with his folder, while the jocks laughed like it was the funniest thing ever.

After class Melanie waited outside for Frank, who was waiting for his tormentors to leave first. Melanie saw them walk out of the room and figured Frank would be out in a second. As they walked by her, one of the jocks knocked her books out of her hand and onto the floor. The group laughed as they walked away. When Frank walked into the hall, the first thing he saw was Melanie picking up her books. Frank rolled his eyes and helped her pick up her stuff. “Why are they such douche bags?” Melanie shrugged. “Some people are born like that.” Frank chuckled a little and picked up a notebook. He flipped it over to see it was a sketch book. He handed it to her “You draw?” She nodded, as they both stood up. “Is art your next class?” She shook her head “Nope, history, I can’t stand art classes.” “Ah, I see.” He said as they began walking. Melanie handed Frank her schedule “Do we have the same class?” “Yupp.” He said “But so do the douche bags.”

They walked into the history room, and Melanie did what she had all day. “Last time.” She thought to herself. She walked up to the teacher, who was sitting back at his desk, kind of just relaxing. “Hi” she said “I’m Melanie, today’s my first day.” He nodded his head “Yeah, just sit anywhere.” She turned and took the seat next to Frank “This seats empty, right?” She joked. Frank smiled and said “This is the easiest class ever. We do like, one worksheet a week. No lie.” “I can live with that.” She said.
Sign up to rate and review this story