Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Want to Let You Down

Rise and Shine!

by MotorBaby4 1 review

For some reason I really like this chapter. Hope you do to.:)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-12-06 - Updated: 2010-12-06 - 776 words

0Unrated
They walked into their first period class, where Frank was greeted with being tripped and falling flat on his face. The whole class laughed, excluding Melanie. She helped him up, and said “Fuck you” to the jocks as her and Frank took their seats. “Oh, she has quite a mouth on her.” One of them said “Yeah.” Another said “Someone should teach her how to use it.” She flipped them the middle finger and turned her attention to Frank. “You okay?” She asked. He nodded “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Over the next two and a half years that’s how things would go. Frank and Melanie grow incredibly close, and it help each other get through some of the roughest times in their lives. Their relationship was a mix of a sibling-like relationship, and of course best friends . Some aspects in their relationship were actually similar to those in a romantic one, but they never quite got there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank flicks on the light of Melanie’s room. “Rise and shine!” He says. She throws a pillow at him and rolls over on her side. “Come on.” He said “You can’t be late for work again. You’ll lose the internship.” She sighed heavily and sat up. “Turn the fucking light off.” She said. “No can do.” Frank said “I know you. You’ll go right back to sleep.” She groaned out load. “I hate Mondays.” She stood up and walked by him. “Well,” he said “I’m going back to sleep.” “Don’t you have classes today?” She asked him. He nodded “Yeah, but not until eleven. Later, sugar.” He went into his bedroom and closed the door.

Melanie took a quick shower, and got dressed for work. The good thing about being an intern at Eyeball Records was that she didn’t have to dress too nicely. She threw on a pair of jeans and wore a nice, elbow length baby blue shirt. She went downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee before applying her make-up. She looked around her and Frank’s unorganized apartment for her black hoodie, and could find it no where. She settled for one of Frank’s. As she was pulling it on she saw the scar that ran up her forearm. God, that brought back so many memories. She remembers that night all too clearly. That was the night Frank Iero saved her life.

(Flashback)
After school Frank quickly went to his house and threw his stuff in the kitchen. “Mom” He called “I’ll be right back.” He went over to Mel’s house to check on her. She wasn’t in school that day and it worried him slightly. Especially with the way she’d been acting lately. He knocked on the door. Nothing. He rang the door bell. Still, nothing. He then remembered where the spare key was. He pushed the WELCOME mat over with his foot and grabbed the key from underneath and unlocked the door. “Hello?” He called as he shut the door behind him. “Is anyone home?” He looked around. Melanie’s backpack and jacket were still on the couch. She had to be here. He checked the whole downstairs before going up to Melanie’s room. “Mel, you in there?” He asked as he knocked. With no reply he pushed the door open. He walked in “Mel, this isn’t funny. You’re scaring the shit out of me where are you?” “In here.” He heard her quietly say. Frank walked in the bathroom to a horrifying sight. “Holy shit!” He yelled as he grabbed a towel. Melanie was sitting on her bathroom floor, with blood pouring down her arm. “What happened?” He asked as he wrapped the towel tightly around her arm. She shook her head “I…I don’t really know.” She started crying. Frank could do nothing, except hold his best friend and listen to her cry. “It’s okay.” He said softly. “I wanted to die, Frank. That’s all I could think about.” She said as she continued to cry. He continued hugging her “It’ll all be alright, sugar. I’m here. Always.” That night Frank stayed with her. He wrapped her arm and gauze, and just kept telling her that it’d be okay. And eventually, she believed him.

Melanie smiled at the bittersweet memory. She walked upstairs and opened Frank’s door. She turned on the light “Dammit Mel!” He said. She smiled “I’m getting ready to leave. I’ll call to wake you up at about ten, okay?” He grumbled a reply and she turned off the light. “Goodnight Frankie.”
Sign up to rate and review this story