Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Summer of Secrets

Chapter Twenty

by godessoftrees 0 reviews

Ginny finds she shares something in common with Charlie's girlfriend.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [Y] - Published: 2010-12-07 - Updated: 2010-12-07 - 2854 words

-1Illiterate
A/N: I left out the Quidditch match because I'm hopeless when it comes to writing them. “Meine Schwester” is German for “my sister”.




Warnings For This Chapter: cutting mentioned, sexual situations




Disclaimer: I really hate doing this. I only own the plot.




Chapter Twenty




“Harry!Harry, wake up!” Ginny shook him roughly.




Harry opened his eyes groggily. He reached for his glasses and blinked at her. “Ginny? What's wrong are you okay?”




He moved over in bed so she could climb in with him. Ginny shook her head. She was smiling widely. Whatever it was that had possessed her to wake him at quarter to four the morning of their Quidditch match was apparently something very happy.




“I had a dream. A very good dream. We were both in it. We were older, about thirty. It was in the morning, because we were both sitting at the kitchen table, and you were reading the/ Daily Prophet/. And as we sat there a little boy and a little girl came in. Our son and our daughter,” Ginny explained. “That dream made me realize I do want to get better. I want to be here to grow old with you. I want us to get married and have children and live together for the rest of our lives.”




“Oh, Gin, that's great! I'm so proud of you, love.” Harry pulled her close. Ginny snuggled up to him. She was still smiling.




“I wanted to tell you right away. I just couldn't wait.” Ginny was glad he wasn't mad that she had woken him.




“I'm glad you did. I couldn't be happier. I love you very much.” Harry kissed her lips softly.




“I love you, too. I'll let you go back to sleep.” Ginny rose to leave, but Harry pulled her back down before she could get too far.




“Stay. I want to wake up with you in my arms.” Harry pulled back the covers so she could join him.




As soon as his words left his mouth, Ginny melted. She took his glasses from him and laid them on his bedside table. She climbed into bed and kissed him softly. When she pulled back, she sighed happily. Ginny laid her head on his chest and allowed herself to drift off to sleep.




H/G




“Harry,wake up. You overslept.” Harry heard his bed curtains being pulled back. “Bloody hell!”




Harry instantly sat up in bed. Ron was standing beside his bed. Ginny had also awoken. She slowly sat up, her brown eyes widened as she took in the sight of her older brother.




“Nothing happened, Ron. I came to talk to Harry early this morning and fell asleep. It was completely and totally innocent.” Ginny spoke much calmer than she felt.




“Yeah, and Hagrid's Blast-Ended Skrewts are well-mannered pets.” Ron glared at the two. “You have twenty minutes to eat and get down to the Pitch. As captain, you're supposed to give a speech, you know.”




“Fine. We'll be there,” Harry muttered. This was definitely not how he had imagined waking up.




Ron rolled his eyes and left. Ginny stood up once he was gone and handed Harry his glasses.




“Sorry about him. He's just being overprotective,” Ginny said apologetically.




“I know. I can't blame him. It was a compromising situation.” Harry took her hand in his. “But it was worth it.”




Ginny smiled. “I'd better go get ready. I love you.”




“I love you too.” Harry watched her leave before climbing out of bed.




H/G




“PARTYIN THE COMMON ROOM!” Ron yelled out. Harry had caught the snitch in twenty minutes. The Slytherins hadn't even had time to score a goal as Ron had blocked every shot they threw at him. Ginny, Demelza Robins and Alicia Spinnet had scored four times between the three of them by the time Harry caught the snitch which made the final score 190 to 0 Gryffindor.




“Not so fast, Ronald.” Mrs. Weasley stopped her son before he could run off with the rest of his House. The Weasleys had waited outside the locker room for Harry, Ron and Ginny after the match. “Your brother would like to make an announcement.”




“Fleur and I have decided to get married. Today.” Bill squeezed Fleur's hand.




“Is she pregnant?” Ron asked bluntly.




“Ronald!” Hermione hit his arm.




“Ow! I was just asking. Why the rush, Bill?” Ron rubbed his arm tenderly.




“Well, you know how hard it is to get our family together all at once. And what better place to get married than at Hogwarts? It is where we first met, after all,” Bill explained.




“What time is the wedding?” Hermione asked.




“As soon as everyone gets dressed,” Fleur answered.




“Oh, but there's so much to do!” Hermione exclaimed.




“Calm down, 'Ermione. Molly 'as volunteered to 'elp you and Ginny get ready. Ginny, I already asked Professor Dumbledore if 'e would send your gown to a spare guest room. It should be waiting for you zere. I will be right next door wiz my muzzer and Gabrielle if you need anyzing,” Fleur informed Hermione and Ginny.




“All right, everyone. Get a move on! We have a wedding to attend!” Arthur clasped his hands together happily.




Professor Dumbledore directed everyone to their rooms so they could get dressed. Molly magically curled Ginny's waist-length hair, using a rhinestone hair clip to pull her hair away from her face. Molly then helped Hermione put her hair up in an elegant French twist. Once they were done applying makeup, Molly helped Ginny into her dress.




Ginny's bridesmaid dress was a light gold pleated strapless gown. As Molly zipped her up, Hermione gasped. The dress fit Ginny perfectly, tastefully showing off her curves.




“Oh, Ginny! You look beautiful.” Molly's eyes filled with tears as she looked at her only daughter.




Hermione nodded in agreement. “Harry's jaw will hit the floor when he sees you!”




Ginny blushed. “I bet Gabrielle looks better in it than I do.”




“I doubt that. Now, Hermione, dear, let's get you dressed.” Molly turned to Hermione.




Hermione had chosen to wear aclassically designed periwinkle blue dress. It was strapless and the neckline had ruffled detailing. The dress stopped at Hermione's knees.




“You look beautiful, 'Mione. Iknow Ron won't be able to keep his eyes off of you.” Ginny smiled. Hermione flushed at Ginny's words but didn't speak.




“All right, girls. Now that you're ready, I'm going to go check on Fleur and see if she needs any help.” Molly kissed Ginny's cheek and left.




“Do I really look all right?” Hermione asked, turning in front of the mirror.




“You're gorgeous, Hermione.” Ginny assured her.




A knock came at the door. Before either Hermione or Ginny could answer, the door had opened.




“Ginny, I vos vondering if Icould haff a vord?” Anneliese closed the door behind her.




Ginny glanced at Hermione. “Sure, Anneliese.”




“I'll just go see how Fleur's coming along, shall I?” Hermione left the room. Anneliese took a seat beside Ginny on the love seat and turned to face her.




“I know ve do not know each other fery vell and I vos hoping ve could change that.” Anneliese began. “I know you aren't that close to Charlie, but he's fery vorried about you. I know you might be mad at him for telling me eferything you haff been through, but he needed some von to talk to.




“I cannot efen begin to imagine how horrible your first year here must haff been. You haff been through a lot at a fery young age. I can understand how that drofe you to hurt yourself.” Ginny opened her mouth to speak but Anneliese raised a hand to stop her.




“Before you say anything, I vant you to know that I know how you feel. You may not belief any von can relate to you, but I can. I had a twin sister. Ve vere fery close. Ven ve vere sixteen, she died. Ve vere on facation vith our parents in France. Marta and I vent to the beach on our own that day. She vos fery adfenterous and vent out further than I dared to. The current pulled her under. I couldn't do anything to safe her.




“I vos heartbroken. I vos in so much pain mentally that I tried to kill myself seferal times. I vould slash my vrist, I efen threw myself off my broom von day. I finally realized that ven I hurt myself, the emotional pain left. I began to cut myself intentionally. My parents sent me to a Muggle mental institution. I retaliated. I ran avay. My parents found me and decided not to send me back after I told them I vould only run avay again.




“A veek after I left the institution, meine Schwester came to me in a dream. She told me to moof on, and that she vos in a better place. She vanted me to be happy. Marta told me it vos not my time to join her and it vould not be for a fery long time. After that dream I nefer hurt myself again.” Anneliese took a deep breath before she continued.




“I know that you may not vant to talk to me about your problems. You barely know me and I am nine years older than you. But if you vould let me, I vant to be there for you. I did not haff any von to relate to and from vat Charlie has told me I take it you haff come to rely on cutting. Meine Schwester gafe me the vill to liff again. If it vere not for her I vould nefer haff met Charlie, or you.




“So if you vant to talk to some von who has been there and had her own share of problems, feel free to talk to me.” Anneliese finished, getting up to leave.




“Anneliese, wait!” Anneliese turned and looked at her.




“I realized for the first time this morning that I want to get better.” Ginny explained her own dream to Anneliese who listened quietly. “I want to be with Harry for the rest of my life. I don't want my children to grow up with a mother who intentionally hurts herself. I want to quit. I'm going to quit. I know it’s going to be hard. Quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.




“You're right that I don't have anyone who relates to me. And I think I would like to talk to someone who understands me completely. I would really like to talk to you,” Ginny told Anneliese.




Anneliese sat back down beside Ginny.“I vould like that too, Ginny.”




Anneliese gave Ginny a hug. When she pulled back she smiled at her. “If I am not mistaken, Fleur should be finishing up. Ve haff a vedding to go to.”




Ginny smiled back at her and followed her out of the room.




H/G




Hermione'sprediction about Harry's reaction to Ginny's dress was spot on. Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Ginny anymore than Ron could take his off Hermione.




In Harry's opinion, Ginny was more beautiful than Fleur, even with her Veela charms. When Fleur walked down the aisle in her ivory Poiret rose lace bridal gown, Harry barely noticed. He watched Ginny throughout the ceremony. Harry heard people applauding somewhere in the background when Professor Dumbledore introduced Bill and Fleur as “Mr. and Mrs. William Weasley” but it didn't register in his mind.




At the reception, Charlie gave his speech as best man. During the whole reception, Harry only left Ginny's side when she went to dance with Arthur and Bill. Harry danced briefly with Molly, but refused any other offers. While Ginny was away with Bill, Gabrielle came up to Harry.




“'Ello, 'Arry. You look amazing zis evening.” Gabrielle greeted him.




Harry shifted uncomfortably. “Hi, Gabrielle. You look . . . good.”




Gabrielle moved closer to him. “I do not believe I ever 'ad ze chance to zank you for saving me from ze lake two years ago.” She put her hand on his arm. “Zank you. You saved my life.”




Harry took a step away from her. “You would have been fine. Dumbledore said you would have been taken out of the lake similarly to how you were put in.”




“Ah, yes. But you stayed anyway. You still saved me.” Gabrielle stepped closer to Harry.




“Hi, Gabrielle.” Ginny appeared out of nowhere. Her eyes flashed dangerously.




“Ginny!” Harry was relieved to see her. “Let's dance!”




Harry took Ginny by the hand and pulled her onto the dance floor. He was glad a slow song was playing. He wrapped his arms around Ginny's waist while she put hers around his neck.




“What was that all about?” Ginny asked softly.




“She claimed she wanted to thank me for rescuing her from the Black Lake, but I think she really wanted to seduce me,” Harry replied.




“And was it working?” Ginny raised her head off of his shoulder to look deeply into his eyes.




“Not in the slightest.” Harry dipped his head down and kissed her passionately.




They spent the evening dancing and conversing with the family. Ginny told Harry about her conversation with Anneliese. He had been surprised to hear about her past, but was glad Ginny had accepted her offer to talk to her. The night ended too soon for either of them. As they walked back up to Gryffindor Tower, Harry turned to her.




“How have you been doing? I know you were nauseous when you started daily Cheering Charms, but you seem to be happier,” Harry asked gently. He didn't want Ginny to explode at him.




“I have been,” Ginny admitted. “The nausea is gone, thank Merlin. I think they're working. I mean, obviously they are, I've been happier than I have been in ages.”




“That's good.” Harry kissed the top of her head. “You deserve to be happy.”




“You make me happy.” Ginny stopped outside of the portrait hole.




“I'm glad. I'd be concerned if Imade you upset.” Harry smiled cheekily.




Ginny hit his arm gently. “Prat.”




“You love me.” Harry kissed her cheek.




“Yes, I do,” Ginny replied.




She pulled his mouth down to hers. Harry deepened the kiss. As their tongues danced, Ginny could feel the love he felt for her radiating from the kiss. How they made it through the portrait hole, up the stairs and into Harry's dormitory, Ginny didn't know.




After they made love, Ginny laid sleepily in Harry's arms. She could hear his heart beating and it sounded like it was beating only for her. She was just drifting off to sleep when Harry spoke.




“Ginny?” Harry whispered.




“Hmm?” Ginny replied.




“Ginny, will you marry me?” Harry asked.




Ginny opened her eyes. Had he just said what she thought he had? She propped her head up on her hand and looked at him. “What did you say?”




“Will you marry me?” Harry paused before he continued. “I know we're young I mean you're only fifteen and I'm sixteen, but our birthdays are coming up. I know I love you and I can't imagine life without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want us to grow old together and -”




“Harry!” Ginny exclaimed.“Will you let me answer?”




“What?” Harry asked. “Oh, yeah.”




“I would love to marry you.” Ginny smiled at him.




“Really? You mean it?” Harry asked.




“Yes. I mean it,” Ginny replied.




Harry beamed. He kissed her passionately. A thought registered in his mind before he got too caught up in Ginny. “Wait a minute.”




He climbed out of bed and went to his trunk, thankful the bed curtains surrounded his trunk as well as his bed. Harry pulled out a small square jewelry box. Ginny sat up as he returned to the bed.




When Harry opened the box, she gasped. Inside was an antique princess cut diamond ring. As Harry took the ring from the box he began to speak.




“This ring was my mother's. It's been in the Potter family for many generations, according to Remus. My parents left it in Sirius' possession, when they went into hiding. If there was any chance that I survived, they wanted me to have it .. . so I could give it to my soul mate, as many Potter men have before me. After Sirius died, Remus found the ring and gave it to me. I've kept it in my trunk ever since.” Harry slipped the ring on her finger.




Tears glistened in Ginny's eyes as she looked at the two rings on her finger: her promise ring and her engagement ring. She had hardly allowed herself to dream of this moment, and now that it had come she couldn't believe it.




“I love you, Ginny; and Icouldn't ever imagine giving this ring to another witch.” Harry kissed her hand.




“I love you, too, Harry. So much,” Ginny replied.




She looked up at him and smiled. Harry kissed her gently. The passion rose between them. Harry covered Ginny's body with his. And when he entered her he was home.
Sign up to rate and review this story