Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

I'm Not Okay

by -impervius 8 reviews

The tour begins with a bang.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-14 - Updated: 2010-12-14 - 1096 words - Complete

5Original
The My Chemical Romance & The January Meltdown tour was postponed for a month upon the loss of The January Meltdown’s keyboardist. Brian told the two bands that amount of time was as long as he could put it off; the fans had to be answered to. The January Meltdown would either have to come on tour at the date dictated to them, or they would have to pull out. After many discussions and arguments over the decision that had to be made, The January Meltdown came to a collective decision to pull out of the tour, in order to ensure the well beings of all band members. Once that month rolled around, it was the eve of My Chemical Romance’s first show to kick off their Black Parade tour. New York City was the first city on their list, and the band was itching to play live again.

Gerard Way sat backstage on a sofa, staring at the graffiti on the wall in front of him. A quote by an anonymous person was etched level with his line of vision. “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” As he pondered the significance of this quote, Frank sat beside him and followed his eyes to the piece of writing on the wall. ‘I shouldn’t have brought her,’ he muttered, glancing furtively across the room at Abbey, who was holding herself up by holding onto Mikey, laughing drunkenly as she slopped vodka down her front. ‘She’s so not okay, I could write a fucking song about it.’
‘We have written a song about it. Funnily enough, it’s called “I’m Not Okay.”’ Gerard grinned.
‘Oh, right,’ Frank replied. They lapsed into silence. ‘We’re losing her, Gee.’
‘I know.’ Gerard said quietly.

The stage manager appeared in the doorway to the room. ‘You’re on in 5, guys.’ The band members, who were scattered across the room, all nodded or made a noise of acknowledgement. Mikey turned to Abbey, who held onto him for fear of falling. ‘I’ve gotta go play now, Abs. Are you gonna be alright?’
‘I’ll be fine,’ Abbey said irritably, who let go of him and leaned back against a table for support. ‘Kick ass and we’ll have an awesome time at the after party!’
‘Are you sure you wanna come?’ Mikey frowned.
‘Of course I do, you idiot.’ She pushed him lightly on the shoulder with her right hand and quickly gripped the table behind her to steady herself. Mikey left to play the show with an anxious look on his face.

~

The after party of the first Black Parade show was in full swing by 1AM, and Frank was navigating his way through the crowd to find the men’s room at the packed club. He was at a loss as to why they were having a party in the first place; he and Gerard had discussed earlier that day how much they would rather have been sleeping seeing as they were due to leave on the tour bus the following day. He supposed it was the work of the record label, so he just went with the flow. As he was about to enter, he saw a girl spill her drink down the front of a large man out of the corner of his eye. He turned to see Abbey apologising profusely, slurring her sorry while Mikey held her up as the large man looked livid. ‘What the fuck is wrong with you?!’ The man yelled.

Frank quickly ran to stand in the middle of the two parties. 'Hey man, she didn’t mean it, she’s apologised; can we just walk away quietly?’ Frank tried to be diplomatic about the situation. Abbey frowned as she processed what the man had said to her, and what Frank had replied with. ‘Yeah, dude, I said I was sorry, fuck you!’ She yelled as Mikey held her back, staring helplessly at all that was happening before him. The man started at her aggressively and Frank put his hands up to stop him with great difficulty. The man gave up, but stared at Abbey maliciously as he walked away.

Frank ran to Abbey and grabbed her face. ‘What is wrong with you? You can’t just pick fights with guys like that, they’ll knock you dead.’ She swatted at his hands and stepped away from both Mikey and Frank.
‘I can take care of myself Frank, I’m not a fucking child!’ She slurred, as she swayed on the spot.
Frank walked towards her, desperate to make her see how much he cared. ‘Abbey, I know you miss your sister, but she’s never coming back and you have to learn to deal with this in a better way than drinking!’
He reached out to her and she slapped his hand away. ‘Fuck you, I can deal with this however I want! You cannot tell me how to deal with this!’ Abbey bit back the tears as she yelled. ‘I’m leaving, this party sucks anyway.’ Frank and Mikey stared as she stumbled off into the crowd.
‘I’ll go get her,’ Mikey said. ‘Make sure she’s okay. Take her home if I have to.’ Frank nodded.

The two stood in silence, watching Abbey stumble out the front door. ‘It’s gonna be alright, you know, in the end?’ Mikey assured Frank, noticing the blank look on his face. Frank turned to look at Mikey.
‘How can you say that? You nearly died a month ago. And even after you lived, we thought you were gonna kill yourself some other way. What’s changed?’
Mikey shrugged. ‘Guess I realised that there are people around here who need more help than I do. I can’t help them if I can’t help myself.’ Frank stared at his friend, amazed. Until now, he had never fully appreciated how strong Mikey was.
‘You’re stronger than you give yourself credit for,’ Frank said.
‘I think I’m finally starting to realize that,’ Mikey smiled. And with that, he clapped a hand on his friend’s shoulder, and went after Abbey.

------
So what does everybody think?
Come on, thoughts please :) Or just rate, it doesn't fuss me.
I'm starting on the next chapter immediately, so the sooner I get a couple of reviews, the sooner I may be able to get the next chapter up.
I'm always much more enthusiastic when you guys are :)
Sign up to rate and review this story