Categories > Celebrities > Metallica > That Was Just Your Life

Mischeif

by devilsgyrl 1 review

Lars is up to no good...

Category: Metallica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-18 - 1596 words

-1TrainWreck

The next day, I was so tired that I didn't even wake up when James woke up and got out of bed. As a matter of fact, I was so sleepy that it took a gentle pair of hands shaking me to make me wake up. Feeling the hands shaking my shoulders gently, I groaned at being awakened from such a deep sleep and slowly opened one eye. Kirk was standing over me with a smile on his face. I was hoping he wasn't going to bring up the events from the night before. I was still feeling kind of humiliated from Kirk finding me naked on the floor licking up and down James' naked chest.

Luckily, Kirk didn't say a thing about last night and instead produced a bottle of pills from his right hand. After showing them to me, Kirk apologized, "Sorry to wake you up, Olivia. I didn't want to, but there wasn't any other way to get your pain medication to you. How are you feeling today? Does your stomach still hurt a lot?"

I paused, assessing how I was feeling for a few minutes. My belly ached slightly, but it wasn't nearly as painful as it had been last night. Shrugging, I sat up in bed and replied, "The pain is tolerable. Where's James?" It was funny how the first thing that popped into my head when I woke up was James. I really was obsessed with that boy.

Frowning slightly, Kirk gave me one of the pain pills and said, "He's doing something in the bathroom." I took the pain pill and swallowed it. Kirk started to retreat, but I called after him, "Hey Kirk, wait a sec!" Kirk stopped, turned around, and wandered back over to my bed. He pushed a strand of black hair behind his ear and waited for me to speak.

"Um, can I keep the pain pills by me?" I asked in a pleasant voice, reaching my hand out for them. "You know, just in case I need them later?" I had been surprised by how well the pain pills had worked yesterday and I had to admit that I wanted them nearby so I could make myself feel better instantly if my belly started hurting again.

Kirk hesitated and then decided there was no harm in giving me the pills because he dumped the bottle into my hand with a warning, "Here they are, but follow the directions and don't take more than two every six hours." Kirk started to walk away, but a loud voice called, "Stop!" The voice made Kirk and me jump a mile into the air and whirl around to see who had called out.

James, who wasn't drunk anymore, narrowed his eyes at me and snatched the bottle of pills out of my hand. Shit. I frowned and gave him puppy eyes, "Aw, what was that for? You know I need those." James shook his head firmly, "No, you don't. Don't you remember what happened last time? You decided to take the whole bottle of pills in one afternoon."

Kirk, looking astonished, glanced at me with wide eyes, "You took an entire bottle of pills in one setting?" Blushing from Kirk's disapproving look, I shrugged and decided not to protest. I mean, there really was no point. James was no way going to let me have that bottle of pills. He was probably afraid he'd walk in tonight and find me fucking with Lars or something.

"So guys..." I started, trying to find a distraction for them so they would stop staring at me. Glancing up at the clock, I decided to use the Spastic Children as an excuse. Trying to smile sweetly, I pointed towards the clock and said, "Don't you guys have band practice to get to? I thought it started in a half an hour or something." I honestly had no clue when band practice started, but my top priority right now was just to change the subject before James decided to tell Kirk about my escapade with Dave.

Glancing over at the clock, James replied, "We don't have to leave for another ten minutes." Shit. Kirk was still glancing from the bottle of pills in his hand to my face. I could tell he wanted to ask more about what had happened the time when I had overdosed on painkillers. Since I didn't want to talk about that for obvious reasons, I glanced around the room and tried to find something else for us to talk about. Seeing that Lars wasn't in his usual spot on the couch, I asked, "Where's Lars?"

"Oh, Lars is going somewhere that's going to help with the Ride the Lightning album. He'll probably be back in a bit," Kirk said, now distracted. Seeing James still scowling at the pill bottles, I decided it was up to me to get him into a good mood. I tugged on his arm and pulled him onto the bed next to me. James plopped down on the bed and gave me a half-hearted smile that told me he was still thinking of the time I had cheated on him with Dave. Not wanting James to think about that, I rested my head against his chest and gazed up at him with eyes that betrayed all my love for him, "You look nice today."

James, looking down at his plain white T-shirt and ripped black jeans, gave me a smile and said, "Hm, something tells me you're making that up. This is like the oldest outfit I have." I shrugged and moved so I was sitting on his knee, "I don't really give a damn about what you're wearing. It's you that's so gorgeous, not the clothes."

"Oh really?" James asked, wrapping an arm around my ass as I settled down onto his knee. After a moment, I felt his hand creep up under my shirt and play with my bra clasp. Sensing that something not good was going on, Kirk gave us a suspicious look and turned to James, I think maybe we should go now. Cliff is already downstairs. Let's not keep him waiting."

James shrugged and gently lifted me off his knee. He kissed my cheek and waved good bye as Kirk called, "See you later, Olivia! I hope you have a good day. Whatever you do, don't get out of bed."

The day passed relatively quickly considering that I was stuck in bed the whole time and didn't have anything to do. To be honest, I slept most of the day. I fell asleep only a few minutes after Kirk and James had left and didn't wake up again until Lars came back from wherever he had gone much later that night. When he came in, he woke me up because he called out loudly, "Hey guys? Guess what? I have some great news for you!"

Covering my ears, I jerked upright in bed and smothered a yawn. Lars obviously hadn't known I was sleeping. In a sleepy voice, I called to Lars, "The guys are still at band practice with the Spastic Children. Is there something I can do for you in the meantime?" Lars cursed when he heard the guys weren't around and then came into my bedroom.

"Eh, I suppose not," he said glumly. "We're getting the Ride the Lightning album produced though, which is really good news! Plus, we're heading onto the next tour tomorrow. You're okay with that, right? You think you'll be well enough to go on that tour with us, right? If you're not...I guess we'll have to cancel the tour." By Lars' tone, I could tell that the very last thing in the world that he wanted to do was cancel the tour. Not wanting Lars to be disappointed and not wanting James to continue with the Spastic Children, I quickly reassured him, "I'm totally okay with going on the tour. Besides, then James will stop goofing off."

To my surprise, Lars nodded vigorously and agreed with me, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't care if he wants to go drink and stuff, but it's such a waste of time for him to be messing around by composing songs for a band he's not going to stay with. I mean, he could've stayed here and helped me out with Ride the Lightning some more."

Lars sighed and then headed towards the door. Once he reached the door, he paused and gave me a funny look, "You're going to go back to bed now, right Olivia?" Feeling still sleepy, I nodded. Looking over at the window told me that it was getting pretty late out. James and Kirk should be back soon, but I was positive that James would wake me up when he got back. Lars hesitated for a moment longer at my bedroom door and then said, "I'm gonna shut the door so you can sleep, okay? Kirk told me to."

That was odd. Why would Kirk tell Lars to shut the door? Maybe he thought I would sleep better with the door shut or something? Puzzling over this, I shrugged and said, "Um, okay I guess. Just make sure James knows to come in when he gets back." Lars didn't comment on my reply. Instead, he disappeared from view, shut the door, and fidgeted with the doorknob for a few moments. I knew that Lars was up to something, but I couldn't figure out what it was right now. I was too sleepy and needed my sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story