Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If we could pretend, We could be something else.

Chapter 2.

by MyChemicalRomancer 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-19 - 1128 words

2Ambiance
I walked off the bus and down the street. Gerard was next to me texting someone on his mobile.
"Who you texting ?" I asked trying to start a conversation.
"Just my girlfriend. " He replied casually.
As soon as those words left his lips my heart ripped to pieces. It had been a half an hour bus journey to the centre of town and I had already started to like him.
"Oh." I replied quietly trying to cover my disappointment.
I walked quietly next to him as we made our way through the busy streets. Every now and again we would say a few words to eachother but apart from that, there was nothing more.
"Is there something wrong ?" Gerard asked breaking the silence, I jumped atthe sound of his voice, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Nah nothing...why?" I lied, it wasn't the best time to tell him I had accidentally started to like him and was seriously pissed off and upset over the fact he was with someone else.
"You, You just seem upset that's all." He replied staring into my eyes. I turned my face away to hide my blushing. There was something about him that just, got me. Whether he knew it or not.

We turned and began walking down a back alley, it was a safe shortcut to the college. I kept my head down staring at my feet. I felt like utter crap, why was my life like this - why couldn't it be like one of those corny films where the guy and the quiet girl get together and fall in love. Instead I was an orphan with a broken heart. I sighed loudly and looked further at my converses. I froze when I felt a hand hold my shoulder, I looked up at Gerard - completely forgetting he was with me.
He placed his other hand on my other shoulder and held me at arms length, he gazed at me concerningly ( A/N I don't think concerningly is even a word, but meh its my story ) as I looked at him in awe.
"Now whats wrong El" He asked, Oh my god - he's given me a nickname, I quickly calmed myself and looked him in the eye.
"Nothing .. It's a long story."
He studied my face a bit longer, "Tell me at lunch, kay ?" I nodded as we carried on walking.
Finally we reached the college!

~~~~~~~~ The morning went quick, I'm in all the same classes as Gerard and sit next to him in all of them - thank the lord for alphabetical order! ~~~~~~~~~~*~

I sat down on the the grass in the shade under a tree. I leaned against the tree trunk and rested my hands on the cool grass. Gerard came and sat next to me, I smiled softly before pulling a drink out of my bag.
"So, you gonna tell me that long story ?" He asked breaking the silence.
Shit. I had forgotten about that.
"Well, erm, okay." I began,
"It was a month ago, It was about 6PM and I was sat with my parents at home, they had been acting differently and my Mum hadn't been well, so they said they were going to the doctors to see what was wrong. I stayed at home and didn't think much of it since they were always going out on errands."
I took a sip of my juice, trying with all my might to pretend it was whisky. No, I'm not an alchoholic, I just drink that when I think about my parents.
"It had been about four hours and I was getting pretty worried. I was about to ring them when there was a knock on my door, I answered it thinking it would be my parents. Sadly it were two officers instead. I welcomed them in and they said..."
I closed my eyes as my tears welled up and my throat began to ache.
"T-they said my parents had died in a car crash comming back from the doctors, but the reason they were at the doctors was because, M-my Mum was pregnant with twins- but they were two young to survive." I sobbed as I felt the warm tears run down my face. I wiped them harshly and stared down at my hands.
I felt Gerard wrap his arms around me and rock me gently.
"I'm so sorry to hear that El." He soothed.
I wiped the last of my tears took a large gulp of my drink.
"As distressing as that story is El, thats not the reason you were sad today."
I shot my head up and glared at him, how the fuck did he know I was lieing !?
"What makes you think I wasn't upset about that !?" I asked, angry over the fact he had blew my cover.
"Because you were happy before that, you just suddenly became miffed when we got of the bus and I was texting my ... Oh." He quietened down as realisation hit him.
"I-I have to go." He mumbled quickly as he put his bag over his shoulder and hurried away.
"Wait Gerard !" I called out to him, he didn't reply just kept walking.
I sighed at slumped against the tree. As tears poured down my cheeks.
Great. Just fucking great.

~~~~~~ I cleaned myself up and got into class, Gerard was sat next to me on the joint desks in both classes but never spoke a word to me. ~~~~~~*~

I trudged out of the school with my head hung down. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gerard stood at the bus stop, he stared at me in confusion as I walked straight past. There was no way I was sitting in his ignorance for a half an hour journey.

~~~~~~*~

The walk wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just 15 minutes longer. When I arrived at my house I noticed a familiar figure standing at a bedroom window next my house. I glanced up noticing it was Gerard..Wait, What, Fuck ! Gerard !? I quickly unlocked my front door and stepped into the empty house. I locked the door on the inside and trudged to the kitchen. I pulled out a bottle of whisky and pulled off the lid.
I took a huge mouthful of the warm liquid and let it burn down my throat. I made my way to my bedroom and shut myself in, I glanced out the window noticing my bedroom window was facing the window Gerard was stood in, the houses were a few feet apart but were large detatched houses. I slumped against my bedroom door and took a large sip of whisky as I cried over all of my losses.



Enjoy dearies xxxxx Ellie Frank xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story