Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "I Could Wait For You For...Forever"

“Why Did You Leave?”

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-19 - 934 words - Complete

1Exciting
“Bennie, hun! Please unlock the door! I have to get my mum’s necklace out of there to put on!” Delilah frantically said as she rapidly knocked on the door. Bennie opened the door and stepped aside, waiting for a minute before she heard Gerard shout as he was pushed inside and fell to the ground. Ember kicked his feet inside the door and slammed it shut.
“You two are not allowed out until you make up.” She said as she shoved a chair under the door handle. Bennie sat down on the floor as far from Gerard as she could get and faced the opposite direction.
“Well, then I guess we’re never coming out.” She mumbled. Gerard stood up and tried to open the door.
“Guys! This is not fucking funny!” He shouted as he threw himself against the door three times. Bennie laughed as they turned on music to drown the noise out.
“We can just sit here for a few minutes and pretend we’ve made up and then they’ll let us out.” Bennie said. Gerard shook his head and sat down next to her.
“Why did you leave?” He demanded. Bennie turned to face him.
“Why didn’t you come after me?” She asked, her eyes beginning to tear up.
“I thought you just wanted some space. I thought that when we got back to the hotel that we would talk about it and everything would be fine, but when we went there after the show and Ember was sitting next to where your bus had been parked, I knew I had fucked up. I should have run after you. I don’t know why I didn’t.” Gerard explained, tears falling freely. Bennie sighed.
“I left because when you didn’t come after me I thought you wanted me to leave. I thought you didn’t want me around any more.” Bennie finally replied. Gerard out an arm around her.
“I didn’t want you to leave.”
“I didn’t want to leave.”
“So why did you leave, then?” Gerard harshly demanded. Samantha began to cry and Bennie glared at him accusingly. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. Bennie held her arms out.
“You calm her down.” She said.
“What?! No!”
“When Kevin and his fiancé are over and they make her upset, they have to calm her down, too. It reminds them to watch their temper in front of her. Are you too good to hold my daughter? Is that it?”
“No, that’s not it at all.” Gerard whispered as he took Samantha from Bennie and rocked her gently, caressing her cheek with his finger.
“It sometimes helps to tickle her belly.” Bennie whispered. Gerard shook his head.
“Babies like to be rocked like this. When Freddie was little like this you had to hold her and rock her like this unless she was asleep.” Gerard explained, smiling at his memory. Bennie smiled as Samantha grabbed Gerard’s finger and put it in her mouth. “What’s her name?” Gerard asked.
“Samantha.”
“Samantha?”
“Her last name is McNamara if that’s what you’re on about.” Bennie replied.
“Does he know?” Gerard asked. Bennie shook her head.
“I tried to tell him once, but he accused me of trying to use him as a scapegoat because you had broken up with me. When he cleans up and he’s ready to face reality, then he’ll know, but until then…”
“Well, she needs a father.”
“Well, I’m home with her all the time. I retired. I’m tired of all the big to-do and the performing. I just want to be home with Samantha all the time.”
“What happened to wanting another album this year?” Gerard asked, looking up at Bennie. She shrugged.
“Plans changed.”
“What if you had a recording studio installed in your house? We had one on our bus when we all rode in one.”
“That’s different. You guys were all together. I only sing and play guitar, and I’m barely mediocre at that. I can’t record alone.”
“So ask any of the guys and they’ll come over and record with you. We’re not touring for a while now. For more than enough time for you to record an album.”
“I don’t have a recording studio yet, Gerard. And I’m not putting one in. I already told you I’m retired.”
“Bennie, you’re only 30! You can’t be retired.”
“I’m 31 now, and I’m retired.”
“I thought I would retire when Freddie was born, but I just realized that instead of retiring, I just need longer breaks, and more time spent touring in places she can come stay with me. it’s harder for me because Freddie lives with her mother. Samantha will always be with you, and if you go around the world touring and she gets to see new places and learn new things, then that would be one of the coolest childhoods ever.”
“Yeah, and in five years when she’s ready to start school, and I’m off gallivanting around the world, do I send her home with a nanny or retire again?” Bennie asked. Gerard rolled his eyes.
“You record while she’s in school, and you do shows during the summer time.”
“Yeah, and what about when she doesn’t want to come all over the world with me any more? Who does she stay with then?” Bennie asked, near tears. Gerard smiled and put his hand under Bennie’s chin.
“Me.” He whispered before kissing her.
Sign up to rate and review this story