Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Against My Rules

A Twist Of Fate? Or Just Some Really Bad Luck?

by IsisBane 0 reviews

Definition of Mandy: Evil mastermind beyond hope.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-19 - 1421 words

2Original
A/N: Ok... this is my first time posting something like this... so try not to hate me too much :)


Becki’s POV


My alarm went off in an annoying series of loud beeps. I rolled over and pulled my pillow over my head. It continued. I groaned and practically broke the snooze button with my fist. It abruptly stopped and I sighed in relief. The last thing I needed was to lose any sleep that morning.

After almost drifting off again, I heard my phone ring. Who the hell would call someone at 7:00 am on a Saturday during summer vacation? I growled. My sister Mandy had the worst timing in the entire world. I blindly searched my blankets for my phone, my face still buried in my pillow. I found it and debated ignoring her call. If it was so important, she’d call back anyway. I decided against it and hit the ‘answer’ button.

“Amanda, this had better be worth my fucking time”, I snarled groggily. She laughed quietly, obviously more awake than I was. She never slept past 6am—a time of the day that I practically know nothing of because I’m still dreaming of Adam Lambert or Ronnie Radke.

“It’s not a big deal, I guess. I could call back later. But I think you would consider this urgent”, she said, giggling quietly. I rolled my eyes. She wanted something, and I knew it.

“Fine. What the hell do you want to tell me at this ghastly hour?” I said, practically asleep again.

She sighed. “Ok… do you remember that contest that I told you about?”

I paused for a moment to think. She’d told me about something a few weeks ago. It was a MCR contest, where the winner and a friend got to go on tour with them. All you had to do was enter by sending in an original drawing of something that was related to The Black Parade. “Yeah, I guess I do.”

Mandy chuckled. “Please don’t kill me for what I’m gonna say next…”

My eyes widened. “Amanda… what the hell did you do?” This was not good. Mandy always did stuff without telling me. And I always had to suffer the consequences.

She laughed awkwardly. “I sent in a sketch…”

I rolled my eyes. “Good for you. Now if you don’t mind, I’m going back to bed.” My finger brushed the ‘end’ button just as she said: “I’m not quite done yet.”

I froze. “What else is there?” I asked warily.

“I kind of won… but I can’t go. I know you’re gonna ask why, so I’ll just answer your question. I put your info on the form. I didn’t actually anticipate winning, but I knew I was good enough to. I felt bad because I missed your birthday last week, so I hoped that if I did end up winning, you could have a better present”, she said.

My jaw dropped. “Mandy, are you crazy? I don’t really even listen to them anymore! And I know why you did it, too. You just didn’t want to have to waste time buying anything. So this was your alternative and you just hoped it would work.”

She laughed. “Okay, that’s true. But come on. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You do listen to them, just not as much as you used to. You were a huge fan. Just go and enjoy yourself.”

I growled and rolled out of bed. I slid my feet into my slippers and stalked into my kitchen to get some coffee. “Besides, it’ll give you some time away from dad…” she pointed out.

That was all I needed to be convinced. I was a 21 year old college student who had absolutely no intention of leaving the safety of home. But it didn’t mean I didn’t want to get away once in a while. I didn’t answer to my dad anymore, considering he was at work most of the time. I had the house to myself. Mandy lived with her boyfriend a few streets over from us. At least she didn’t still have to deal with our father.

“How long will we be gone?” I asked, pouring some of the coffee my dad had made an hour ago before he left for work.

“The rest of the summer vacation. And anyway, I figured you’d take Kyrsten with you.”

I sighed. Summer vacation had literally started yesterday. But the idea of spending it with my best friend and MyChem didn’t sound too bad. I just would be away from home. And my dad.

“Fine, Amanda. I’ll go.”

She squealed. “Take pictures for me!” she said, just before hanging up. I stared off into space tiredly. I barely had any clue of what had just happened. I shuffled into my bathroom and set my coffee down. I started to brush my wavy black hair, yawning.

I turned my CD player on that I kept in the bathroom (most of the time). ‘Die Romantic’ by Aiden came blasting through the speakers at full volume. After my hair was brushed, I continued my morning (usually my afternoon) routine.

I walked into my room and grabbed my AFI tee and a pair of red skinnies, and any other shit I would need for my shower. Mandy had woke me up, and there was no chance that I would get back to sleep. I turned off my music and got it the shower, letting the hot water relax my nerves.

As soon as I stepped out of the shower, my arms were stinging for the temperature that I had used. I ignored it and got dressed and dried my hair. As I started to straighten it, I couldn’t help but grimace at the face in the mirror.

I hate myself. It’s hard for most people to do. They feel sorry for me. And I hate their pity. Mandy’s the only one who knows how I feel. Our mom got cancer when I was fourteen, and she did all of the treatments. She got better, but a year later, it came back with a vengeance. The doctors wanted her to try a trial drug, but she wasn’t going to. She had a choice, and she could have had a medication that she knew that worked. But the trial drug was supposedly faster and worked better.

I begged her to do it. I didn’t want anything to happen to her, and I thought this would help. She finally agreed after I convinced her. Within three months, she was in the hospital and practically in a coma. After she died, we didn’t know what to do. Mandy was hysterical. My dad couldn’t even function. But I was fine. I accepted it pretty well. Until I did some research. I found out that the trial medication had no effect at all.

That’s when I went over the edge. If I hadn’t made her do it, she would have still been there. I started locking myself in my room. I would make myself throw up because I thought that I was ugly and disgusting. I started cutting myself so I could feel something. I was becoming numb. But then I started to drink away the pain. Mandy found out. She got me help. I made her think I was getting better. But I wasn’t. She still thinks I’m okay. But I still hate myself. I still cut. I still drink. I’m an addict to alcohol and pain.

I stared at the solemn gray eyes that were in the mirror. I hated them. I was the only person I knew of with eyes like that. They weren’t dark. They looked like they had been drained of color. Like an icy gray. It singled me out. And I hated that.

I finished my hair and called my best friend Kyrsten. I informed her of what was going to happen, and I had to hold the phone away from my ear because of her loud squeals. I didn’t care. The only thought that was going through my head was how much I’d have to hide this summer. And how many secrets I’d have to lock away.


Well? I'd love some positive reinforcement in the form of reviews if you likes it :)
Sign up to rate and review this story