Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Against My Rules

Behind The Mask

by IsisBane 0 reviews

Her worst nightmare...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-12-19 - Updated: 2010-12-19 - 2446 words

2Original
Hey guys :) I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the fic, but go to this link and vote for 'Na Na Na' as most unforgettable video of the year. http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2010/12/15/mtv-buzzworthy-blog-fan-favorite-unforgettable-video-of-the-year/


I took my time driving to Kyrsten’s apartment. I had a slight hangover from the night before, and all of the ‘excitement’ didn’t really help my condition. Kyrsten had begged me to come over so we could go shopping. She’s the only person I’d ever let control me like that. If anyone else had been doing the begging, I would have hung up and ignored them when they tried to call back. But Kyrsten’s my best friend. I’ve known her for seventeen years, and she’s the only one who really gets me other than Mandy.

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I saw Kyrsten waiting outside. She looked normal; a gray miniskirt, a purple Poison Ivy tee, and a pair of lime green converse. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail, showing off her seemingly perfect face. No one really knew why we went so well together.

I pulled into a parking space and she ran over to my car. She got in the passenger side, still grinning. She set her purse at her feet and put her seatbelt on. I chuckled quietly and pulled out. I switched my music on quietly. Panic! At The Disco came through the small speakers. She leaned back in her seat.

“So where are we going first?” she asked. I shrugged and concentrated on driving. “I don’t know. You’re the one who wanted to go shopping. I figured we’d just go to the mall and go wherever we wanted to”, I said, changing the song without averting my eyes away from the road.

She nodded. “That’s cool. We haven’t gone shopping in so long that I really don’t mind where we go”, she said, closing her eyes. I smiled. I loved her voice more than anything. It was melodic and sweet with a soft edge to it. Like a quiet song that lulls you into a dream.

I pulled into the parking garage in the mall and drove around looking for a parking spot. I found one in a few minutes. As soon as we were walking through the garage, Kyrsten’s excitement was already showing. She’d been a fan of MCR since ‘I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love’ was released. She started talking about what a great opportunity this was.

“Can you imagine being able to hang out with the Way brothers? And what about Frank? I know he used to be your absolute hero”, she said, nudging me lightly. I nodded quietly. Of course this was going to be fun. I just hated the fact that I’d probably end up isolating myself. Or be ignored. Kyrsten’s always been popular no matter what. And she doesn’t even try. She’s charming and funny and sweet. Plus she’s a lot prettier than me. I’m more abnormal than anything.

I have black hair with silver colored eyes. Not only do my eyes stick out, but I’ve got a small platinum blonde streak going through my bangs. I have no idea where it came from. It’s always been there. My hair is naturally a medium brown. I figured if I dyed my hair, it would go away. Instead, it’s just whiter. I feel more like a conversation piece than an actual participant in the conversation itself.

Kyrsten, however… well, she’s practically perfect. Most girls get jealous when she’s around, but I love her company. But I never really get a chance to spend any time with her when there are guys around. They never leave her alone. But I don’t really mind, just as long as she’s happy.

As we walked in the entrance, a mother was pulling her screaming child out by the arm. “Be quiet!” she hissed. “I won’t take you out in public again until you learn to behave.” The child screamed louder, obviously throwing a tantrum. Still, it made me cringe.

“So you don’t wanna listen to me, huh? Well it’s time you started!” he yelled. The tears came down harder as his grip on me tightened. “You’re eight years old, damn it! Stop crying like a baby and take your punishment!” I choked back my sobs and bit my lip until it bled as he delivered blow after blow to my small body. I could hear Mandy screaming behind him, but he was blocking my view. I knew she was crying. But I was glad I couldn’t see it. I didn’t want to see my big sister cry…

I closed my eyes and blocked out the memory. When I looked up, the mother and child were gone. Kyrsten was already heading into a store. Apparently she forgot me. I sighed and followed her, still in a daze.

By the time we ended up taking a break for lunch, we'd hit about half of the stores in the mall. We'd mostly gotten clothing, but I made sure I got some new books. Our taste in clothes is slightly different. Kyrsten can wear a t-shirt and torn jeans and look amazing. I have to be a bit more dressed up.

After lunch, we got everything from new shoes to random shit for our bedrooms. It was nearly impossible to fit everything in my car, but we somehow succeeded.

~2 Weeks Later~

I clutched my purse close to my body and tried to ignore all of the physical contact that was occurring. I hated people touching me, and this was absolutely ridiculous. We were in the middle of the fucking mosh pit. Why? Because Kyrsten want to be where the action was. The crowd roared as the lights switched on. MyChem started out with 'This Is How I Disappear'.

I actually liked this song, so I ended up screaming the words with everyone else. By the next few songs, I was getting into it. By the eighth song, I practically had a migraine. I wanted to get out of there, but I couldn't. I had to wait til this was over.

I somehow relaxed until the end of the concert. We made our way backstage with our passes (much to my annoyance... all I wanted to do was take a nap) and as we did, I noticed I was getting dizzy. I don't know if it was from the volume of the music or the lighting, but something was not right.

I clutched Kyrsten's arm for support. She turned to me. "Are you okay?" she asked, genuinely worried. I shook my head. My vision was blurry and the room was spinning. I was the farthest thing from 'okay'. I closed my eyes to hopefully make it go away, but it only got worse. I stumbled a bit and my knees started to go out. Things started getting dark before I even hit the ground. The last thing I noticed was Kyrsten's panicked look as I fell.

"Did you think you could just walk away from me like that? I'm your father! I own you!" he screamed. He shook my shoulders until my teeth were chattering. "Do you understand me?" I nodded to the best of my ability. He pushed me into the counter. "I can't hear you! Answer me!" I opened my mouth to speak but could only gasp for air. He slapped my face as hard as he could. I tasted copper in my mouth and shuddered. Mandy came up behind him. She started smacking his arms. "Leave her alone!" she cried, her face full of anger and pain.

He turned and shoved her. "Stay out of this!" he yelled. My ears rang from the volume. She narrowed her eyes. "No! I'm tired of this! She's a little kid! You can't just treat your daughter like this!" she yelled back. My eyes widened. Mandy had tried to stop him before, but she never actually stood up to him like that. He growled and grabbed her arm, dragging her out of the kitchen. I ran after them, though I knew I couldn't interfere. He dragged her into the guest bedroom. I started crying, knowing exactly what he was going to do. "Shut up!" he screamed at both of us. I shook my head violently and clamped my hand over my mouth, trying to silence myself.

He opened the door to the closet and shoved her inside forcefully. I heard a terrifying thud and silence as he slammed the door and took the key out of his pocket. He locked the door and pushed me out of the way, stalking out of the room. I ran to the closet door and quietly knocked on it. "Mandy? Are you alright?" I asked, trying to be quiet, but making sure she could hear me.

There was a moment of silence. "I'm fine. I just hurt my head. Please stay with me, Becki. It's awfully dark, and it's hard to breathe. I don't want to be alone in here for an entire day."

I nodded. "I won't leave. I promise." I curled up against the door and listened closly to hear her breathing. "Mandy?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. You're the best big sister I could ever ask for", I said quietly, almost a whisper. I wasn't sure if she heard me until I heard a soft sob. "I love you too."

I heard her moving around and she finally settled right next to the door. I slid my small fingers underneath the door. Her hand touched mine and we knew that not even a lock without a key could keep us apart.


When I opened my eyes, I didn't know where I was. I was laying in a bunk. It took me a moment to realize that I was on the bus. I could only wonder how long I had been out. I didn't even remember what happened. I rolled over and noticed my pillow was wet. Great... I've been crying. I bet that hasn't gone unnoticed.

I looked up a bit and saw that I had company. A pair of big hazel eyes were staring at me in the dim light. I sighed. "So, Frank... are you always this much of a stalker when you first meet a girl?"

The eyes blinked. "How do you know who I am?"

"Well, now I know for sure that it's you because I recognize your voice. But I know what your eyes look like", I said, as if it made perfect sense for me to know it was him without even meeting him before.

He nodded. "Sorry if I kind of startled you at all. I heard someone crying."

I sighed. "Look, please don't tell anyone about that."

Frank smiled. "I won't. I promise. So you're Becki, right?"

"Yep. I guess Kyrsten probably told you a little bit about me", I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed quietly. I didn't know why, but his laugh seemed so comforting after what I had just relived in an inescapable nightmare.

"Yeah, a little. From what she's said, you're pretty interesting. I'd definitely like to get to know you better."

I shrugged. "I'm not really that interesting."

Frank raised an eyebrow. "Are you disagreeing with me?"

I giggled. "Yes. I am. Do you have a problem with me doing that?"

He nodded. "Yeah I do, actually. Nobody is allowed to disagree with Frank Iero."

I smiled. "Well, I guess I'm nobody then."

And in that little bit of conversation, I felt more comfortable than I had in a long time. And I had no doubt in my mind that this was a great idea on my sister's part.

Frank chuckled. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" he asked, gesturing towards the foot of the bunk. I shook my head. "I'd like some company." I shifted positions and pulled my legs up to my chest. He slid onto the bunk and sat wit his legs crossed. He leaned forward and propped himself up with his elbows. "So, I really don't know anything about you", he said.

I shrugged. "I'll tell you anything you want to know. Just as long as what I say is considered confidential."

He laughed. "I swear on Pansy that I won't say a word to anyone."

I ignored his comment. "What do you want to know?"

"The basics. Your name, how many siblings you have, where you work... you know. That shit."

I sighed. "I feel like I'm filling out an application..." I said, smiling. "Well, my name's Becki Cohen, I'm 21, and I still live with my father. I have a sister named Mandy, and I'm currently going to college for a degree in music."

He nodded. "Okay. That's a good start. So you're going for a degree in music, huh? What do you play? Or do you like sing or whatever?"

I laughed. "I can't sing for my life. But I play piano. I've tried other instruments, but I like it the best."

"How long have you been playing?"

I shrugged. "Since I was four or five I think. I can't remember which one."

He smiled. "That's a pretty long time. You've gotta be really good. You'll have to let me hear you play sometime while we're on tour."

I shook my head. "I don't play in front of people that much."

Frank smirked. "I will hear you play before we part ways, Miss Cohen. I promise you that."

I giggled. "Fine. You just try to catch me playing. I've never been caught."

He gasped in mock surprise. "Is that a challenge? Because if it is... you're fucked."

I held my head high. "I believe it's you that's gonna be fucked."

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that a threat or a promise?" he asked, a seductive tone playing in his voice.

I laughed. "Pervert."

He put his hand over his mouth. "Oh my god! It's a miracle! She's figured me out!"

I rolled my eyes. He was crazy. It didn't even have to be set in stone. But that's why I liked him. I'm not exactly normal either. But not in the weird funny way that he isn't. But I knew that I didn't feel like the freak that I was. And I liked that more than he would ever know.


A/N: Well, I hope this was a bit better than the last one. Reviews plz?
Sign up to rate and review this story