Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Second Emerald Master

Chapter 4 - The Legend of The Emerald Master

by SecondEmeraldMaster 0 reviews

N/A

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2010-12-20 - Updated: 2010-12-20 - 879 words

0Unrated


Chapter 4 - The Legend of The Emerald Master



Andrew and Lindsay follow Cross out of the building and into his car. After a 20 minute drive on the highway, they manage to make it to Beverly Hills, where Felicia lived.



"It's been so long since we've been here," Andrew said, reminiscing about the memories he's had with his parents.

"I'm seriously gonna miss her and Dad," Lindsay said.



They walk up to the house and open the door, only to find that most of their things are packed away in boxes.



"Good grief," Andrew said, "Just how much were they trying to put away in storage?"

"Cross, where did you say the safe was at?" Lindsay asked.

"It's in the basement," he replied, "I'll bring it outside; wait up here."



He goes down into the basement and brings up the safe, carrying it outside.



"There we go. Now, before I open this, let me just say that your mother made possibly the most controversial discovery in the history of the Mayan tribe. So whatever you do, you cannot let anyone find out about what's in this safe."

"Understood, now what's inside?" Andrew asked.



Cross opens the safe and pulls out the seven emeralds and arranges them in a circle.



"Emeralds? That's it? There must be more than this," Lindsay said.

"This was all that was in there."

"Hold on," Andrew says, "There's something else in here."



He reaches for another note, pulls it out, and begins to read it.



"It says, 'In order to activate the emeralds and open the portal, you must be the one to arrange the emeralds in a circle with the pink chaos emeralds in the middle.'"

"But I did that already," Cross said.

"Hang on a sec, there's more. 'The emeralds will only activate the portal only if you're the one chosen to be the... next emerald master.' What does that even mean?"

"There's only one way to find out..."



Lindsay walks over to arrange them in a circle. Once she does, she steps back and waits for something to happen.



"Andrew, this is crazy. The next emerald master could be anywhere on the planet."

"I haven't tried yet. Maybe it's me."

"Yeah, sure..."



Andrew then goes around and arranges them in a circle with the pink chaos emerald in the center. He steps back and waits for a moment.



"Nothing, nothing at all," he said.



Just before he does anything else, the seven emeralds begin to rise into the air.



"I don't believe it," Cross said, speechlessly surprised,"Andrew, do you know what this means?"

"No I don't," he said, "Would you mind telling me?"

"Andrew," Lindsay said, "It means that..."

"Means what?!"

"It means that you're the next emerald master!"

"WHAT?!"



The emeralds rearrange themselves around Andrew so that they circle him completely. Once they're circled around him, the energy from them starts streaming out of it and forms a ball directly in front of him.



"Uh, what happens now?" he said, nervously.



The chaos emeralds then begin to glow bright, as bright as the sun, blinding everyone, and turning the night into day. The light shoots up into the sky for everyone to see and when the light fades and Lindsay and Cross open their eyes, they see that Andrew is gone.



"Wha, where'd he go?!" she exclaimed, "Andrew!"

"He's not here," Cross said, "He..."

"What? What else haven't you told me?"

"Come on, there's something else I should probably explain to you."



Cross pulls Lindsay away to his car and the two of them drive off. Meanwhile, some man in a black suit who was hiding behind the tree across the street pulls out his phone and makes a call.



"You find them?" the person on the other line said.

"Yeah, I found them all right," he said, "It looks like the legend is true. The emeralds took the kid off the planet. What should we do?"

"Wait until he comes back. No, better yet; find his sister and that cop she's with. Bring them in and hold them here. When he comes back, he'll come straight to us. But for now, follow them, and stay out of sight. We CANNOT screw this up."



The two of them hang up and the man heads to his SUV. He then drives off following Cross and Lindsay from a distance. Meanwhile at the Metropolitan Hospital in Downtown Los Angeles, Dwayne is still recovering from the car explosion. One of the other FBI Agents, Desiree Wilkes, is by his side.



"How is he?" she asks.

"Well, he suffered a concussion from the explosion's shockwave and his rib cage bones almost shattered into 30 different pieces, but lucky for him, they were mild to moderate fractures, so they should hold together."

"How long do you think he'll be here?"

"Given the amount of time put into surgery, therapy, and constant monitoring, he's gonna be here for 3 to 4 months, 5 at the most."

"sigh, If anything changes, call me and let me know."

"Will do, agent."



Desiree walks away from the doctor and heads back outside.



"I hope he'll be all right; he took on some serious injuries."



Just as she gets in her car and begins to start the car, everything goes black and quiet.
Sign up to rate and review this story