Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Second Emerald Master

Chapter 5 - Island of The Angels

by SecondEmeraldMaster 0 reviews

N/A

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-01-10 - Updated: 2011-01-10 - 1099 words

0Unrated


Chapter 5 - Islandof The Angels



The portal opens up on the other end and Andrew drops into amysterious jungle, which seems to be in the middle of know where. He slowly makes his way to his feet, holding his head as he hit it upon impact.



"Oh... ow," he said, groaning, "What happened? I don't recognize this place, but it somehow feels familiar to me."



He starts to walk forward through the jungle looking around for anything he might recognize. He continues walking until he comes across ariver. He starts to walk down alongside the river until he comes to a steep cliff and stops.



"Where am I and how I get here?"



He continues to look around for anything recognizable, but doesn't find anything that's noticeable.



"Did that light have something to do with me being here? And did it have something to do with that legend?"



As he looks out over the cliff, he spots a bright light in the distance, wondering what it is and where it's coming from.



"I knew there was something familiar about this place. I'm just somewhere outside of LA! The question is how am I going to get there?"



He looks around for a little more and then spots a plane overhead and then tries to get the pilot's attention from below.



"Hey! HEEEEYYYY!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, waving his arms in the air constantly.



The pilot hears him and decides to land on a cliffside.



"Where did he go?"

"Who are you?"



Andrew turns around and sees a red echidna standing behind him.



"Uh, me?!" he said, nervously.

"Yeah, you! What are you doing on my island?!"

"...Your island?"

"Yes, MY ISLAND! Do I have to spell it out for you?!"

"Okay, relax! I didn't know this was your home! I'm not even sure how I got here!"

"What do you mean you don't know how you got here?"

"What I mean is that I got sucked through a portal created by the seven chaos emeralds and now have absolutely no way to get back home!"



The red echidna stops and thinks briefly about what Andrew just said.



"You said the seven chaos emeralds brought you here?"

"That's exactly what I said; do I have to spell it out for YOU?"



He then pauses for a moment.



"Come on, there's something I should show you."



Before he starts walking, the pilot that was in the plane comes flying down towards them shouting.



"Knuckles! Wait up!"

"Tails?" he said.



He lands on the ground in between Knuckles and Andrew.



"Did you see the light in the sky?"

"I saw it, and I think it might've had something to do with him."



Tails turns around and looks at Andrew.



"Him? How could he have anything to do with the light in the sky?"

"The chaos emeralds teleported me here. I'm not sure why; maybe it was from when I arranged the chaos emeralds in a circle..."



Knuckles then understands everything Andrew's said, as he too, knows the legend of the emerald master.



"It's true. It's all true," he said.

"What's true?" Tails asks.

"The portal, the circle arrangement of the emeralds; it all makes perfect sense."

"What makes perfect sense?"

"He means that I'm apparently the next emerald master,"Andrew said.

"What?! The emerald master disappeared years ago!"

"While that may be true, there's more to it than that."

"Like what?"

"Come on, there's something I want to show you."



Knuckles leads them away from the cliff to the Master Emerald Altar in the center of the jungle. As they start to approach it, Andrew's head starts to hurt as the wound on his head starts to have an effect on him.



"What's wrong now?" Knuckles asked, annoyingly.

"I... don't know," Andrew said, still clenching his head, "My head... it still hurts..."



Tails walks up to him and notices the wound on his head. He pulls out a bandage and wraps it around Andrew's head.



"That should do it. How do you feel?"

"I feel a little better. Thanks, uh..."

"I'm Tails and that's Knuckles over there."

"I'm Andrew, and well, thanks for the help, but I still have no way of getting back home."

"I don't have all day, you know. If you want to find out anything about this then I suggest you start moving."



Knuckles continues walking towards the altar and Tails and Andrew follow him. Once they're at the bottom of the altar, they stop and turn to Andrew.



"No way, is that..."

"The Master Emerald," Knuckles says, "The Master Emerald is the one who controls the energy within the chaos emeralds, making sure there aren't any light and dark energy imbalances."

"That's great, but what does that have to do with me?"

"The Master Emerald is gonna give you the initial energy for developing your powers."

"What powers?"

"He means the powers of chaos control and chaos energy,"Tails says.

"Chaos control allows anyone to teleport anywhere anytime as chaos energy can be used as a weapon or a type of defense."

"Oh, well that make sense," Andrew says, "So how am Isupposed to get this 'energy'"?

"By using this chaos emerald, the Master Emerald will use some of the energy within the chaos emerald along with its own energy for you to absorb."

"How do I absorb it?"



Before Knuckles can explain, the chaos emerald raises out of his hand and the energy from the Master Emerald zaps it.



"Uh, is that supposed to happen?!" Andrew asked, uneasily.



The combined energies from inside the chaos emerald then form into a moderately large energy ball directly in front of Andrew.



"Is this the energy I'm supposedly to 'absorb'?" Andrew asks Knuckles.

"It is," he replied, "Go ahead and reach into it."



Andrew slowly makes his way up to the energy and reaches out for it. Once he makes contact with it, he starts to feel the energy start to flow through him and make its way throughout his entire body.



"The energy; it feels warm," he said.

"That's the effects of light energy, or positive chaos energy," Knuckles says, "It represents life and happiness."



The energy then begins to expand pull Andrew inside of it.



"Hey, hey, hey, what's going on here?! Why am I being pulled into that thing?!"



The energy surrounds Andrew and he finds himself floating inside of it. He looks around thinking there might be a way out of it, but realizes there isn't.



"This is getting weirder by the second," he said to himself,"So what happens now?"
Sign up to rate and review this story