Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Beatlemania!

Jealous Guy

by MiaRiversong 0 reviews

Is Alice jealous of Lucy and Paul?

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Paul McCartney,John Lennon,George Harrison,Ringo Starr - Published: 2010-12-20 - Updated: 2010-12-21 - 1186 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jealousy is a strange thing, particularly if it involves matters of the heart. When I got home, I found Paul and Lucy just leaving, and it was supremely awkward.

“Sorry,” I said cheerfully enough. I was still living off of the magic of the bond I had just formed with the three remaining Beatles.

“It’s not a problem,” Paul insisted quickly, as I brushed past him to get to the kitchen.

Lucy looked curious. “Where’ve you been, Alice?”

“I was with John, Ringo, and George in Central Park,” I admitted, my mind was still trying to
accept that it was all real.

She nodded; her level of interest had dropped already. Lucy hated Central Park and any park at all, actually.

“What did you do there?” Paul questioned.

I shrugged. “We ate and just relaxed. It was a nice lazy afternoon.”

Paul looked jealous of my relaxation time. “That sounds nice.”

“It was. You should try to relax too, Paul. You’ve only got one day left here.” I was addressing
him but I was looking at Lucy.

I just wanted her to remember that this thing with Paul wasn’t going to last forever. She didn’t catch this; however, because she was too busy staring adoringly at Paul.
I turned on my heel and walked into my bedroom, gripping the phone so as to call into work to apologize for my absence.

“Really, Alice, don’t worry about it,” my boss, Leonardo was saying.

I was slipping into sweats as I spoke. “Really Leo, it was a little obnoxious of me.”

“Everyone needs a break, Alice. Even you.” Leo’s deep voice was extremely convincing.

I blushed. Leo was married; otherwise I would insist that we have dinner sometime. When I first started working at the gallery, I was convinced he was the most beautiful man in the world. And then I met his wife, who was equally beautiful, and I realized that pretty people usually only like even prettier people.

“I’ll be back tomorrow,” I added quickly, slumping onto my bed.

“Sure. It’s actually good, because these customers are coming in from Spain and I don’t
speak Spanish,” Leo admitted sheepishly.

I smiled. “Ah, yes. You took French. God knows why.”

Leo’s laugh was nice. “I ask myself this every day. I’ll see you tomorrow, Alice.”

“Bye, Leo.”

Satisfied that he wasn’t angry and I still had a job, I got up and reached into my laundry basket to get all the light garments into the wash. I purposely didn’t get any of Lucy’s things and then I walked into our little laundry room. After putting all the clothes in and adding the washing powder, I sat on the cold floor and watched the clothes spin and spin in the machine.

Then, feeling like a child, I put on my pyjamas and watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s for the millionth time. By the time it was seven thirty, I was tired, without make-up, and slightly dishevelled.

“Shh! Paul, Alice might hear you!” Lucy was giggling in the hallway.

“I don’t care!” Paul yelled with a laugh. There was quiet after that, and I assumed they were kissing.

“She probably can’t hear us anyway,” Lucy agreed decidedly.

I never passed up an opportunity to embarrass people, so I hurried to the apartment door and flung it open. Lucy and Paul’s faces displayed embarrassment mingled with shock.

“Actually, she can.” I smiled angelically.

Lucy gaped at me, and Paul fidgeted awkwardly. “Er-maybe I’d better get going, Lucy.”

Lucy snapped out of it. “Oh, no, Paul. Alice can eat with us.”

I shook my head. “Eat what, exactly? I haven’t made anything. I was just going to order out for a pizza.”

“Please, Paulie?” Lucy pouted.

I smirked, awaiting Paul’s response. “Ah, no, love. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He left, after waving at me and offering me a small smile. I returned it out of politeness.
Lucy was still starry-eyed after I shut the door and returned to the television.

“I’m starved,” she announced.

“You should order that pizza,” I said shortly

Nodding thoughtfully, Lucy ordered a medium pepperoni pizza and then joined me on the couch.

“Alice, are you angry with me?” she asked softly.

The cold wall I had built between us crumbled. “No, Luce. I’m not angry at all. It’s just my time of the month.”

This wasn’t a lie, but that wasn’t the reason I was acting like an arse.

“Good, because I want to have a girly gossip night with you,” she grinned like it was the coolest thing in the world.

My spirits lifted. We had these girly nights about once every two months, or whenever something really juicy came up.

I smiled at my best friend. “Absolutely.”

We continued to watch the film once the pizza came. We giggled at the parts we liked and scoffed at the parts we didn’t. I couldn’t believe I could have two beautiful moments in the same day. Once the film was over and the pizza was gone, the real fun began.

We discussed Mary-Louise’s new engagement (“I swear she’s pregnant,” Lucy insisted.) And then there was Walter Cronkite, who was back from military school and found out that his long-time girlfriend had been cheating on him.

“What horrible friends we have,” I remarked candidly.

Lucy’s eyes were shining. “I have some news, Alice.”

“Go on, go on,” I said excitedly.

She squealed softly. “I am in love with Paul.”

I froze with my mouth open, gaping at her.

“McCartney?” I managed to choke out.

“Yes, silly. Who else would I be talking about?” she teased.

I was trying to pull my senses together and be both sensitive and realistic for Lucy.

“You’re barely been on three dates. How can you love him?” I asked gently, trying to be careful.

Lucy shrugged. “I just do. I know it.”

“He’ll be going back to England the day after tomorrow,” I warned.

“So I’ll go with him.”

I groaned. “Lucy, what happened to ‘it’s just a fling’?”

“It’s not anymore,” she explained.

“For you or for both of you?” I wanted to know.

Lucy’s blue eyes were worried now. “It’s...both of us.”

I sighed. “Luce, Paul isn’t exactly a saint when it comes to girls.”

She was silent.

“I mean, he’s famous, and girls flock to him. I think you like being around him. You love the
idea of being in love together. You’re not in love with him.” I was watching her face for a reaction very carefully.

Lucy narrowed her eyes. “I’m telling him how I feel tomorrow. I have the right to tell him.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt. It was a fling, Lucy.”

With one last withering look, Lucy left the couch and barricaded herself in her bedroom. I followed her example and fell asleep within...well, within hours.
Sign up to rate and review this story