Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Look Alive, Sunshine.

Chapter 2

by Vampirechick1159 0 reviews

After a sad nightmare, a run-in with some more Dracs, and Fallon saying the wrong name, the battle rages on.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-12-21 - Updated: 2010-12-22 - 686 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
I dreamt I was staring at my mother’s dead body once again, except this time Draculoids were surrounding me, laughing at me. My eyes flew open, breaking my dream. I sat up, rubbing my aching head. Grace, Fallon, Jet Star, Kobra Kid and Party Poison were all asleep. Fun Ghoul had been staring into the distance behind my head, but focused on me when I woke.
“Suffering from nightmares?” he asked. I noticed he wasn’t wearing his mask.
“Yes. Is it your turn to take watch?”
“Sure is. I’ve been here since around midnight. I’m up till three.”
“What time is it?”
He checked the watch on his wrist. “One thirty.”
I sighed, rubbing my eyes. “I hate dreams. They’re almost always nightmares.”
He shrugged. “Sometimes. Depends on what kind of stare you’re in emotionally.”
I nodded slowly. I stared into the fire, which had grown substantially smaller since I’d last seen it. I glanced up when I heard the sound of static. Fun Ghoul had gotten out a beat-up radio and was furiously turning dials. He was searching for a specific radio station. “What are you looking for?” I asked.
“Doctor D’s show. Sometimes he plays stuff late at night. Ah, here we are.” He placed the radio on the sand.
A song I recognized was playing. I just couldn’t name it. Something about velocity and not letting go…
A rustle in the bushes behind Fun Ghoul caught my attention. I climbed to my feet and drew my gun, cautiously stepping towards the source of the sound as Fun Ghoul shut off the radio. A figure in white emerged. I frowned when I noticed the ugly white mask with blood-red lips. I shot the Draculoid. The sound of the gun cut through the silence. He fell to the ground, dead. Fun Ghoul passed me, standing in front of the vegetation, scanning for more. “Here,” Party Poison said, handing me a lit flare. “Check it out.”
“Where’d you come from?” I asked, staring at him like he had a third eye.
“I just woke up. Now go check the bushes!”
I shook my head and did as he told me. But there was nothing to be found. It seemed the one I’d killed was the only one in the area. “Funny,” I murmured as Fun Ghoul came to stand next to me in front of the bushes. “They never come alone.”
There was a loud BANG!, the firing of a gun, and I ducked, barely avoiding the ray of light, straightened, and shot back at the Draculoid standing several feet away from me. I hit him in the arm. He staggered a little, then shot back. But I dodged again, and my next shot was the last thing he ever saw and heard. Okay. Not sure if I mentioned earlier. The guns we were using did not use bullets. They were ray guns.
“Nice shooting,” Jet Star said, sitting up. I dragged a hand through my purple and black hair, clearing it out of my face, and turned to the others as Fun Ghoul did one last check to see if there were any others.
“Thanks,” I muttered, going back to the spot where I had been sleeping. Party Poison was staring at me.
“You dodged not one, but two shots. How did you do that?”
“Um…I don’t know, practice?”
“Damn, Blaze, that was pretty badass,” Fallon said.
I glared at her. “Don’t call me by that nickname,” I hissed, trying to remind her nonverbally that we couldn’t use our real names.
Party Poison chuckled. “Good thing we’re not secretly Draculoids, or you would have just killed your friend there, Lady Laserbam.”
I groaned. “Nice job.”
After smacking Fallon as hard as I could and listening to her apology, everything quieted down. I volunteered to take watch, and no one argued. I was far from sleep, anyway. The rest of the night was pretty quiet. When morning finally came, I welcomed the sun for the first time in ages.
Sign up to rate and review this story