Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Look Alive, Sunshine.

Chapter 3

by Vampirechick1159 0 reviews

Fallon and Blaze head to Dallas...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-01-22 - Updated: 2011-01-22 - 595 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
Fallon decided to let me drive today. I was still kind of learning, and for a while there I had to focus not to ram the bumper of Party Poison’s car in front of us. When we got to an old diner in the middle of freaking nowhere, I was shocked to find that people were still inside and served us like we weren’t outlaws. It wasn’t a bad change. After breakfast Fallon suggested we go to Dallas. She was always trying to get back to Texas, because she was dying for them to rebuild it. The entire state (yes, I understand how huge it was) was blown up during the war. Fallon just wanted her home to be okay. And as much as I understood, it was a bad idea. Even if they did rebuild some part of it, it wouldn’t be anything like the original, just another base of propaganda and lies for BLI.
“Are you kidding?” Party Poison said when she suggested it. “Dallas is still gone. And it’s in Zone 3. Which means it’s under close surveillance. The place is swamped with Dracs.”
I shot him a meaningful look and went to comfort Fallon when she stared at the ground, embarrassed and hurt.
He caught my drift. “Oh, I’m sorry.”
I rolled my eyes. “We’ll just head out…Lady Laserbam, are you okay?”
She nodded silently.
“Then let’s go to Zone 3. We’ll see you guys around, ‘kay?”
Party Poison nodded. “It was nice knowing you. Oh wait, here,” he turned and started digging through the trunk of his car. He straightened after a few minutes. “Take these,” he said, handing us two small masks exactly like his, except one was purple and the other orange. “You don’t wanna let them see your face.”
“Thanks. Stay safe out there. Look alive, sunshine.” After saying a few more goodbyes, we got into our old truck and drove off in the opposite direction. “You know this is a bad idea, right?” I asked Fallon, breaking the silence.
She nodded. “I just wanna see it one more time.”
“But there’s nothing to see,” I said, accelerating the car a little faster.
“Who knows, maybe there’s something out there.”
“Or maybe there isn’t.”
“Blaze, this is the last time I’ll drag you to central Texas. I promise. I just…I gotta know.”
I nodded silently. I heard the sound of another car coming. I glanced in the rear view mirror. A white Cadillac was speeding towards us from behind. “Fallon, you think you could cover me?”
“Yeah. Go faster.” She rolled down her window, and, leaning out, shot at the Draculoids behind us. The truck sped forward, away from them, as she killed the one in the passenger seat. There was one seated in the back of the Cadillac, trying to shoot back, but she fired another shot, and his arm flew off. Then she was somehow able to shoot him in the heart. She took out the one driving, and that was the last of it. The Cadillac slowed to a stop, but our truck just went faster. Fallon turned on the radio, and I took a sharp turn off the road. “Where are we going?” she asked.
“Taking a short cut. The road up there curves this way, and I’m just cutting corners.” The rest of the ride into Zone 3 was quiet except for the radio, which was blaring music, helping me to stay happy and keep going .
Sign up to rate and review this story