Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Could I Lie Next To You?

Chapter 6

by Givin_Em_Hell_x 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-28 - Updated: 2010-12-28 - 2492 words - Complete

3Funny
Thanks so much for all of your reviews, guys! I look forward to finding some in my inbox every time I check my email. Sometimes I wait by my computer until I see one pop up, no joke… your support means a ton to me!
So I hate to be pushy, but could you just please remember to rate the chapters as you go along, as well? :) I thrive on feedback!
Could I Lie Next To You? – Chapter 6 REVISED

That night we broke the news to the others. They were a bit shocked, but they handled it well, and Ray seemed pleased that we didn’t try to keep it from them.

After we told the guys, Gerard and I were a lot more comfortable being ourselves around them. They didn’t seem to feel awkward around us at all. I loved them for that. I guess all those years of Gerard kissing and groping me on stage kind of accustomed them to it, and all five of us were always more affectionate than most guys, so it didn’t seem like anything too out of the ordinary.

The only issue that came up was the idea that a fight could cause some serious rifts in the band. We just finished touring, though, so we were planning on taking a bit of a break anyway.

But for the few days after we told them, Gerard still pulled away from me whenever he heard someone coming near us. I didn’t think anything of it for a while, and I didn’t want to rush things too much, so I mostly kept off of him until we got back to our room. I also refrained from going any farther than we already had in case he was still uncomfortable. But by the time we got to the hotel in Hawaii, I was starting to feel like he was ashamed to be with me.

“Guess what?” Gerard asked as he unpacked the last of his clothes. We were sharing a room just like we had on the boat.

“What?”

“I don’t have to worry bout getting a tan.” He grinned, tossing a bottle of SPF 4 into his bag. “No more touring for a while, so goodbye 45.”

I laughed and wrapped my arms around him from behind, kissing his neck softly. “Good. I think you’d look hot with a tan.”

He leaned his head back onto my shoulder and sighed contentedly. I chuckled and slid my hands down, hooking my thumbs through his belt loops and taking a firm hold of him. Moaning, he reached back and slipped his arm around my neck.

“You like that?” I whispered huskily into his ear. He didn’t respond. He didn’t need to.

I started to stroke him gently, loving the way he squirmed under me. But just as his breathing started to grow shallow, the doorknob turned and he leapt away from me, nearly taking my thumbs with him.

“Ow! That freakin’ hurt!” My thumbs were raw and red from the denim. Gerard glanced at me apologetically.

“Ah, did I interrupt something?” Mikey asked, covering his eyes. “Is it safe to look?”

I chuckled, rubbing my fingers tenderly.

“It’s fine, Mikey,” Gerard growled. “What is it?”

He dropped his hands with a grin. “Everyone’s ready to go to the beach. We just wanted to see if you were.” He was in a pair of black swimming trunks and a wife beater.

“Give us a few minutes,” I said. “We just have to get changed.”

Mikey left and I glanced questioningly at Gerard.

Just let it go. He’s probably still nervous.

I grabbed my trunks and went into the bathroom to change; I was still too self-conscious to do it in front of him. Over the years we had all seen each other naked countless times, but it felt different now that we were… intimate, if that’s what we were going to call it. When we had told the guys, it was “involved.” But I didn’t like the way that sounded.

When I walked back into the room, Gerard was changed and ready to go. We grabbed our things, shut the lights and walked down the hall to the other guys’ rooms. Soon we were all on the beach, spreading our towels out and applying sunscreen.

I grabbed one of the bottles and spread some of the cool, thick liquid onto Gerard’s back. He jumped slightly.

“Sorry,” I laughed. “Let me warm it up for you.”

I started rubbing the lotion into his skin, turning the process into more of a sensual massage than anything else. Gerard smiled and let out a relaxed sigh, leaning into my touch. Ray laughed and shook his head, but Mikey and Bob didn’t notice; they were busy trying (and failing) to dig the pole for the oversized umbrella deep enough into the sand.

When I finished, I kissed the back of Gerard’s head and patted his shoulder to let him know I was done. I watched Mikey and Bob struggling for a while, contemplating helping them before they finally managed to secure the pole on their own.

An idea flashed through my mind and I grinned, picking up the bottle of lotion again. It was a wonder Bob didn’t hate me at this point, between dragging half of his drum set down during live performances and jumping into his bunk and all.

I approached the others, a generous amount of lotion in my hands. Bob turned around to attach the actual umbrella to the pole and I smeared the cream on his back, rubbing it in slowly.

“You’re going to get burned, Bob! And you look so tense. You should let me work out some of those kinks out for you.” I grinned and Bob spun around.

“Aah, don’t you dare!”

“Wait!” I laughed, trying to get behind him. “Now your back is all white. Let me at least try and rub it in.”

“Nope! Get away!”

Mikey, Ray and Gerard watched as I chased Bob around the beach, trying to wipe the remaining lotion off of his back. We were both laughing hysterically, even though he was seriously trying to get away from me.

“Frank, I’m serious! I’ll drown you!”

“No you won’t! You know you /like it. /”

Bob was down by the water at this point. He stopped suddenly, causing me to crash into him. We both wound up headfirst into a wave, and came back up sputtering moments later. Gerard, Mikey and Ray were all doubled over by the shore, barely able to breathe through their laughter.

I smiled. It wasn’t very often I got to see Gerard laugh that hard. It was worth the always-pleasant feeling of swallowing half the ocean through my nose.

“Now you’re getting it,” Bob snarled, trying his hardest to sound mad. Laughter was painted clearly across his face. I was so distracted that what he said barely registered until his arm was around my neck, holding me in a headlock.

“Agh! Get off!”

“You wouldn’t get off of me a minute ago,” he shuddered. I laughed and struggled to get away from him, but he held me fast. “I’ll let you go on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“No more touchy-feely business. No more taking my drum set down. Oh, and try and be a bit quieter at night while I’m trying to sleep in the next room over.” He snickered and I glanced at Gerard, blushing deeply.

“That’s not one, that’s three!” He tightened his grip around my neck. “Fiiiine, now get offff,” I whined.

He let me go and I splashed face-first into the water again. Sputtering and trudging back toward the shore, I noticed Gerard trying to hold back more laughter.

“You thought that was funny, did you?” I asked menacingly. Gerard called my move—damn him, he knew me too well—and leapt away quickly as I lunged at him. I wound up in the water for a third time. By the time I got back onto my feet, he was laughing and running away in the direction of the sand bar.

When I finally caught up to him, he had a margarita in his hand. I slid onto the stool next to him, out of breath, and asked the bartender to give me the same.

“Moving on to the stronger stuff?”

“Vacation,” he grinned.

I smiled at him. He was so cute.

“All right… just take it slow.”

The bartender placed my drink down, and Gerard gave me an appreciative smile and squeezed my knee before tipping his glass to mine. The guys joined us for drinks, and before long we were all laughing along to our stupid jokes and going for seconds and thirds. All except Gerard, who just finished his first and was obviously struggling in his effort to stop at that.

I was starting to feel a bit lightheaded. Standing up, I started to stagger back toward the water when Gerard pulled me back by my wrist.

“Where are you going?”

“I wanna go swimming!” I said cheerfully, trying to pull away.

He grinned at me and put his glass down, holding his grip. “You’re too drunk.”

“I’m not drunk,” I giggled. Since when did I have an English accent?

Gerard laughed and a sense of nostalgia seemed to wash over him. “I miss getting messed up like this with you guys. C’mon, let’s go back to the room… you’re going to drown yourself if you try to swim.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but all that came out was a loud burp.

The guys got a kick out of that one. They were obviously more than just tipsy, because they all started trying to burp louder than I did. Gerard snorted and dipped down, grabbing me by the legs and swinging me over his shoulder.

“Aagghh! Noooo!” I tried to squirm away, nearly knocking him over in the process. Another loud burp exploded from my lips and the guys continued to laugh themselves off their stools.

It took a few minutes, but Gerard finally convinced all of us to go back to our rooms, earning the title “party pooper” from Mikey. He dropped me off in our room first, then went to make sure everyone got inside theirs safe and sound. I just sat at the window, messing with the blinds. The sound of opening and closing them repeatedly was suddenly very amusing.

I heard Gerard close the door and lock it. Good, no more unexpected visitors this time. I walked over to him and encircled his waist with my arms, pulling him close. He placed his hands on my hips and kissed me softly.

“I should be the one keeping you from drinking, not the way around,” he grumbled. He slipped his hands under my shirt and lifted it above my head. Grinning, I quickly removed his, too, falling back onto the bed and taking him with me. The growing bulge in his pants pressed against mine and I moaned into his hair.

My moans became more urgent when he started sucking on my “spot”. He found it just a few days after we got together: the dip between my collar bone, shoulder, and neck.

I reached down and started undoing his belt with a primitive need, but he stopped me.

“Not like this,” he muttered, breathing heavily. I could tell it was a struggle for him to stop me.

“W-what…?” I looked up at him through half-closed eyes.

“You’re drunk. I don’t want it to happen this way.”

“But… I want…” I fumbled with my words, trying to figure out what to say to convince him. I felt like a puppy that was denied his treat.

“No buts,” he said, pressing his index finger to my lips. I nipped his fingertip gently in protest. It didn’t affect him.

“Gee, baby—” God, I was so drunk – “pleeease, I wanna. Why not like this? It’ll be easier, I’m not so shy now…” To prove my point, I took a firm hold of him and nibbled his earlobe, letting my hot breath graze his skin. He groaned and pushed me away.

The tequila bubbled up in me and suddenly my face was hot. I yanked away roughly and sat up, glaring down at him. “Why are you so ‘shamed to be with me?”

“What?” he spat. He looked as if I’d slapped him.

“Why’re you ‘shamed of me…” God, of all times to bring this up. I was so drunk it sounded like my tongue was swollen.

“I’m not, I just want our first time to be—“

“No, not that,” I groaned, shaking my head. I was developing the worst headache ever and he wasn’t getting my point. “I mean, whenever we’re in public you’re ‘fraid to get too close t’me. Or if we’re kissing or somethin’ and someone walks in, you… why d‘you pull away?”

He sighed and rolled off to the side. My face burned even redder; I hated it when people turned their backs to me, and it felt even worse with him. Tugging on his shoulder, I forced him back over. It looked as if he were ready to snap at me, but he swallowed it back and sighed.

“It’s just…. I don’t want our personal lives to be advertised everywhere. I’m sick of seeing celebrities’ relationships all over magazine covers like they aren’t real people with real problems. I don’t want that to be us.”

I nodded. “Okay, I understand”—his jaw grew taut at the placating tinge to my words—“but nobody’s here now. So let’s forget about all of them, ‘cause I jus’ really want you to—”

“Frank, listen to me! I don’t want all of that phony publicity,” he continued. “If we’re going to do this right, it has to be away from all of those nosey people that trample all over relationships and make up rumors just to have something to write about.” He had to push me off yet again. “And we aren’t going to mess this up by doing it for the first time while you’re drunk. Got it?”

It wasn’t going to happen. I collapsed in a dramatic heap with a groan and put on my best pout.

“Geez, since when do you wear the pants in this relat’nship?”

His face relaxed. Smirking, he planted a kiss on my nose and drew the covers over my exposed chest.

“I’ll tell you what. You be a good boy and sleep off those last six drinks, and you’ll be in those pants before you know it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story