Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bulletproof Heart

Home Sweet Home

by AshTheDeathBat 1 review

Paige returns home to friends, family, and questions.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-12-30 - Updated: 2010-12-31 - 1091 words

1Ambiance
“Well, looks like I’m going to be dragging you around for a while.” Bob said as we walked out of the hospital and out to his car. He opened the passenger side door for Paige. It had been four days since the wreck and she was already leaving the hospital.

“It’s not like I asked for my car to be totaled, asshole.” She slammed the door shut as I slid into the back seat.

Within those four days they spent bonding in the hospital, the Bryar siblings had done nothing but fight. Paige would spit on Bob or something along those lines because he would be chewing her about whatever was on his mind. One night, their voices were yelling so loudly, security came and told them that if they didn’t stop, Bob would have to leave. Paige told them to get him the fuck out of there.

“I can not believe you just let this happen to you!” Bob exclaimed when he got into the car. “You didn’t call the cops. You didn’t tell us.” He backed out of his parking spot and headed toward the main road.

“Yeah, like you would have believed me. You would have thought I was being the girl who cried wolf again and not done anything.” She yelled back at him.

“That’s not true!” He jabbed his index finger in her face. “It’s not true.”

“It is so true and you fucking know it!” She reached up and shoved his hand away.

“Paige…” Bob mumbled, probably trying to find his words.

“Just shut the fuck up and drive.” Paige snapped.

The whole car ride was silent from then on. Occasionally, Bob would try to talk to her, and Paige would turn up the radio. By the time we got to Bob’s house, the music was blaring. We pulled into the driveway rather sharply.

“Home sweet home.” Bob mumbled as he turned off the car. We all piled out of the car and up to the front door. “Ladies first.” He motioned for Paige to go through the door he held open.. “That means you too, Iero.”

“Quiet you.” I rolled my eyes, flipping him off as I walked in.

“PAIGE!”

I looked up to see Gerard giving her a bone crushing hug. He let got of her and cupped her face in his hands.

“We were so worried about you! I’m so happy to see that you are alright.”

Gerard was like a second brother to Paige. While Bob was the older, mature brother keeping everything in line, Gerard was the one helping her with all the shenanigans she caused.

“Get off Gerard!” One of Paige’s best friends Mackenzie jerked him off of her, then embraced her.

“I would like…to breathe!” Paige exclaimed.

“Well,” Mackenzie sputtered, letting go of her. “I thought that you would be happy to see me, bitch.”

“I am, really.” Paige rolled her eyes. “I’m just not really appreciating hugs right now.”

“So,” Gerard said after the five of us got situated on our selected piece of furniture around the living room. “Where have you been?”

Paige sighed, rolled her eyes, and started her story.


It was close to 11:30 that same night. I heard the back to Bob’s house shut. I got off of my self-made bed on the couch and walked to the kitchen window. I quietly peered out of it.

Paige was standing on the back porch, lighting a cigarette. She took a long drag off it, then sat down on the top step.

I walked out the door as silently as I could. “Little miss never touch a cigarette.” I smirked in her direction.

“I’m quitting, I promise.” She turned around and grinned at me.

“Sure you are.” I laughed, sitting down beside of her. She leaned up against me and blew out a small amount of smoke.

“I don’t understand Bob.” She sighed after a few seconds. “He’s just overreacting so much.”

“He has a right to.” I told her. “You are his kid sister.”

“I’m twenty.” I could picture her rolling her eyes.

“Well, you know what I mean. You’re his little sister. He’s got a right to be worried about you.”

“I’m a big girl Frank.” She started. “I can take care of myself. I don’t need anyone looking out for me.”

“You were being threatened by these men. They were going to kill you! I don’t think you could have handled yourself.” I did my best to not yell at her.

She didn’t say anything for a while. “Maybe, you are right. I just couldn’t let Bob see it.” Her voice sounded very close to breaking. “I didn’t want him to see me go through the things that they were saying.”

“So you even know these guys?” I asked.

“Not really.” She sighed. “They started threatening me at my job. I quit, then, somehow, they found me. So, I moved away. I didn’t want to leave you guys in the dust like that. It’s just something that I had to do.”

We sat there is silence. Occasionally, she would take a drag off of her cigarette and slowly let the smoke flow from her mouth. She helped it up to my lips a few times, without looking at me. I’d inhale and then she would pull it back to herself.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked her after about five minutes.

“Shoot.” She said, sticking her cigarette in her mouth and letting it hang there.

“What about us?”

“What do you mean?” She took the cancer stick out of her mouth and let a large amount of smoke out.

“You know exactly what I mean.” I glared in her direction, even though she was looking away from me.

“Frank,” She sighed, standing up. She dropped the remains of her cigarette to the concrete porch beside me and stepped on it. “That was then. A one time thing. Not now Frank. Not with all this. And maybe not ever.”

“But-”

“Sorry, Frankie.” She bent down and kissed me on the cheek. She turned and went back into the house. The screen door creaked as she did.

I sat there for a minute, thinking the past over in my mind, wishing and wanting to take things back. I could tell by her voice, that she really was sorry. She only said it when she meant it.
Sign up to rate and review this story