Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Bulletproof Heart

The Truth is Told

by AshTheDeathBat 1 review

Paige awakes in the hospital, and is not happy to see her brother. Will she tell him what all has been going on? And will Bob even believe her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero - Published: 2010-12-10 - Updated: 2010-12-10 - 1352 words

0Unrated
“No!” Someone was screaming. “Get away!”

I snapped out of the sleep I had been in. I looked towards Paige’s hospital bed. It looked like her body had entered a stage of shock. She trashed around and tensed her body up.

“Paige!” I called, getting out of the chair I had claimed as my bed. I had almost forgotten what her voice sounded like.

“Get off of me!” Pure panic was in her voice.

“Paige!” I tried to keep my tone soft. I took her hand. “Paige, it’s Frank!”

She shut her eyes tighter. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her slightly.

“Paige!” I called again. I looked around the room. The door was shut; Bob was nowhere to be found.

“Don’t let them get me please!” She cried out.

“Open your eyes!” I said to her, shaking her a little bit harder. “It’s Frankie, Paige!”

“Help! Please!”

“Paige!” I basically screamed at her, doing my best to hold her down.

She stooped thrashing and her eyes flew open. Her body shook slightly,

“Frank!” She exclaimed, once she realized that I was the one staring back at her. She quickly sat up and embraced me. “Oh my God. Frank.”

“It’s okay.” I told her quietly.

I heard the door open.

“Paige?” Bob’s voice flowed through the room. “Oh, Paige.”

I stepped out of the way just before Bob flung himself at her. She returned the embrace and shut her eyes for a few seconds. I stood by the end of the bed as the two of them hugged for a while. However, when Paige opened her eyes, she didn’t look very happy to see us.

“Where the hell have you been?” Bob’s big brother mode kicked in when he pulled away from her. “We have been worried sick about you for the last few months.”

“It’s nice to see you too, bro.” Paige rolled her eyes at him.

“Well, are you going to tell us where you’ve been?” He crossed his arms and scowled at her. “Or are you just going to make smart-aleck remarks?”

“I told you when I left.” She cast us a nervous look. “I just couldn’t stay anymore. I just needed away.”

“Paige.” Bob growled at her. “I want the truth. No more fucking bull shit lies.”

She looked at me, probably hoping that I would back her up.

“Well, I’m just as curious as he is.” I shrugged.

“Alright, fine.” She took in a deep breath. “You want the truth? The truth is, I’ve been stalked and threatened by two men for the past few months.”

An awkward silence filled the room. Paige looked at the two of us, knowing that we weren’t buying her shit.

“Paige,” Bob sighed, breaking the silence. “What the hell are you talking about? I think the doctors gave you too many drugs. Lay back down.”

“You think I’m making this up?” She glared at him.

“I think you’re high off drugs.” Bob threw a nearly identical look back at her.

“I’m not making this up!” She yelled a him. “When have a ever lied about something this important?”

“You?” Bob snorted. “You’re the little girl who cried wolf. Like that time that you faked your own suicide. The one with the false blood and everything.”

Through Paige’s glare, a smirk tried to fight through at the corners of her mouth.

“Or the time you made everyone think that you were fucking going mental. Right up to the point where we had you at the hospital, ready to admit you into the psych ward.”

Bob was serious, Paige didn’t seem to understand that he wasn’t buying it. She studied his face for a few moments, then her glare faded to a frown.

“You really don’t believe me?” She said, her voice escalading. “How could you not believe me with this one? Bob, I’m serious!”

Bob shook his head and placed a hand to his forehead. Paige shot a look of desperation at me. Her eyes were wide and her mouth had a pleading look to it.

“You know, Bob.” I said, turning to him. “I think she is telling the truth this time.”

“Really,” Paige softened her voice, “Bob, I’m telling you the truth. Please believe me.”

He continued to glare at her. “If you dare think you can lie your way out of running away, I swe-”

“I’m fucking not lying!” She yelled. “Bob, please. Please believe me this time.”

“Alright,” He sighed, sinking down into the chair farthest away from her. “Tell me.”

I walked over to the chair beside of her bed and placed myself in it. She glanced at me, I could tell that she was nervous. I gave her a small nod.

“Three months ago, these guys started blackmailing me. I had to keep sending them a certain amount of money. I quit my job, which is where they started to do it at. But they still found me. They told me if I didn’t do what they said, they were going to rape me and…” He voice trailed off.

“And what?” Bob said quietly, causing me to look over at him. His eyes said that he wasn’t believing what was coming out of her mouth.

“And…and…” He voice grew shaky and dropped so low, it was barely above a whisper. “Kill you.”

“Kill me?” Bob repeated back at her after a few seconds of silence. I was starting to feel that he was going believe her now.

Paige nodded and started to tear up.

“It’s okay. It’s fine now.” I spoke out.

“I…I…” She started to sob.

“Bob.” I hissed at him. Then, I gave him a glare.

He got up and walked over to her bed side. After a few awkward moments, he sat down on the mattress beside of her and rubbed her back in small circles.

“I’m so sorry!” She manage to burst out in between her sobs.

“It’s alright.” Bob pulled her against him. “Don’t cry. You’re back with us now. You’re safe.”

“I didn’t w-want to go.” She cried, ignoring Bob’s remark.

It took us about twenty minutes to get her to clam down. After that, the only sound was a few hiccups from Paige.

“I couldn’t put you in anymore danger.” She continued, letting out a few more hiccups. “So, I left.”

“Did you ever think they would come after me when they found out you left?” Bob said, sounding worried.

“Of course I did!” She exclaimed. “I thought about you and the guys every single day.”

“Well, why did you leave then? If you had a feeling that they would have come after me, why did you leave?”

“I had to!” She sighed. “If I continued to give them the money, then they would leave you alone. If I would have forgotten to send something, they would have come and broke down the front door. They would have killed both of us, after they forced you to watch me be raped. I just couldn’t put you through that. I couldn’t let you see it.”

I studied her face. It was so serious. I remembered the laughter that filled her eyes when she’d faked her own death. There was no hint of a smile in her eyes. She was for real.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Bob asked her. He sounded hurt.

“I didn’t want you to worry. I know you well, Bob. You would have freaked out and tried to find these guys. And I didn’t want you to get her.” She told him, tears were forming in her eyes again.

“Well,” Bob let out a small sigh and pulled her into a tight hug. “You’re back. That’s all that matters. And we are going to keep you save.”

“If you can, Bob.” She mumbled, playing with her blanket. “If you can.”
Sign up to rate and review this story