Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From the Zones to Battery City: A Killjoy Story

Prologue: Welcome to the Nightmare

by MCRmyBabe90 0 reviews

I never expected the gang to throw me a party, especially since we had a mission to do. I was surprised and touched, but then it was all ruined.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2011-01-04 - Updated: 2011-01-04 - 2463 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Hi all and welcome to my first MCR story!! I have been writing this for about a month now, and have finally decided to post it (yay for winter break! lol) Just a few little things before the story begins:
1) I DO NOT own the members of My Chemical Romance nor do I own any of their Danger Day concepts 2) please please don't sue me for anything involving this story lol I'm only a college student and cannot afford to go to court =]
3) throughout this story all characters will be referred to by their Killjoy names i.e. Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, Etc. If you're not a fan of the whole Killjoy thing then turn back now!

Uhm I believe that's all I have to say for now. I really hope you enjoy this story, and I apologize in advance for any mistakes you find. I tried my hardest with this lol. So without further ado, I welcome you to this story and hope you enjoy the wild ride you are about to embark on with Sapphire Night. Love and Cyber Hugs to all!!

XOXO
MCRmyBabe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prologue: Welcome to the Nightmare

"Happy birthday Sapphire Night!" Grace called to me as I walked through the door of the diner with my brother, Crimson Soul. I was in complete shock. Crimson and I were only gone for an hour since we went to Zone 4 to grab some supplies. I could not believe Poison, Kobra, Ghoul, and Jet were able to transform the diner into a party zone in that small amount of time.

"You guys are so sneaky!" I said and laughed as they drew me into a group hug. Grace was so excited that we were celebrating my twenty-first birthday. With the way things have been for the past few years here in the Zones I was just excited as she was.

Ever since BetterLiving Industry decided to branch out and the Killjoys were formed things have been pretty grim here in the Zones. BLi was stepping up their efforts to either ghost or capture and brainwash the Killjoys here in California, and of course the Fabulous Killjoys were on the top of that list. That's why the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W Labs formed that special division with Korse as their leader. Korse and his team were specifically assigned to eliminate us here. Myself and my brother, Crimson Soul were part of the "Dangerous Killjoy Gang" as BLi now liked to call us along with Party Poison, Jet Star, Kobra Kid, and Fun Ghoul. The six of us have all been friends since childhood, and when Poison formed the Killjoys my brother and I joined right away.

"You didn't have to do this for me." I said as Crimson handed me a beer.

"Yes we did." He replied with a smile. "Turning twenty-one is a big deal. We definitely needed to celebrate that."

Crimson pulled me into his arms and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "You're an amazing older brother." I whispered into his ear.

"And you are such a sweet baby sister."

Even though Crimson was two years older than me, I felt more overprotective of him than he did of me. He was one of the only family members I had left here in California. The two of us have been on our own since I was eighteen. It was because of Korse and BLi that we had almost no family left. Our parents used to work for BLi, but when they discovered just what they intended to do they tried to get them shut down. BLi have every prominent, important government official under their thumbs, and ultimately our parents failed in their plan. One night BLi sent Korse to our house and he murdered our parents in cold blood for what they knew and what they tried to do. Korse almost succeeded in killing Crimson and I as well, but we managed to escape from him. The Killjoys were formed shortly after that, and we've been on a mission to bring down BLi ever since.

"Sapphire! Sapphire! We have presents for you!" Grace said excitedly and grabbed my hand ushering me over to one of the tables.

I grinned from ear to ear when I saw a small cake and two tiny boxes on the table. This was more than I could have dreamed of for a birthday party in the Zones. Poison lit the candles on the cake and told me to make a wish. I squeezed my eyes shut and thought hard. I knew what I wanted to wish for.

"I wish-" I began but was interrupted by Grace.

"No don't say it out loud! It won't come true!"

I just had to laugh. "Okay. Okay." I recited my wish to myself in my mind and blew out the candles. Everyone cheered and applauded.

Kobra cut some slices of cake and everyone dug right in. The cake was amazingly good, chocolate too. My favorite. Grace couldn't wait any longer. She handed me the two boxes and sat at the table next to me, bouncing in her seat for me to open them.

"The first one is from the gang." She told me as I unwrapped the box. I opened it and found a set of car keys inside. I looked up confused. I didn't see a car when Crimson and I came back.

Fun Ghoul noticed the confused look on my face and laughed. He took my hand and led me towards the back door. "Close your eyes." He told me and I blushed as I did. He led me out the back door and to the left. "Okay, now open them."

I did and was floored with what I saw. Right in front of me was a blue Camaro with black pinstripes. I squeeled and ran over to the car jumping up and down around it.

"How the hell did you guys manage this?!" I asked nearly out of breath from all the excitement.

"We found her abandoned out in Zone 6 and in rough shape. We have spent the past few months fixing her up to perfect running shape for you. Happy Birthday." Ghoul replied and held his arms out for a hug.

I ran back to him and kissed him. He and the gang always knew how to surprise the hell out of me. "Thank you! Thank you!." I said kissing him repeatedly. The two of us have always had this chemistry between each other ever since we were teenagers. A few months ago Ghoul confessed his feelings to me and the two of us have been together ever since.

"You two lovebirds coming back inside?" Jet called from the doorway. "Saph still has another gift to open you know."

Ghoul and I laughed and he took my hand and led me inside. The boys all had huge smiles on their faces, obviously happy I loved my gift.

"You guys are seriously the best." I said and sat down next to Grace. "I seriously love you all. Thank you so much for the car."

Crimson came and kneeled in front of me, the other box in his hand. "This one is from me. Grace helped me get it. Happy birthday baby sister." I took the box and opened it. Inside was a beautiful silver locket with four little Rubies and Emeralds embedded into it. I took it out of the box with a shaky hand and admired it. Tears came to my eyes as Crimson took it from me and secured it around my neck.

"Open it up." He whispered to me and I did. The tears started falling then. Inside the locket was a picture of our mother and father on one side, and a picture of us with our parents on the other. I was full blown crying now as I threw my arms around my brother.

"It's beautiful Crimson. Thank you." I said and kissed him on the cheek. He held me tight as I continued to cry tears of happiness. He really was an amazing brother. Our tender moment was then interrupted by the sound of cars outside the diner and the door being blown open.

~~~~~~~
When the smoke cleared, Korse was revealed along with thirty of his Dracs. Shit, this was not good. The boys and I were instantly on the attack, weapons drawn and waiting for the first move to be made. I grabbed Grace and positioned her behind Crimson and I, out of Korse's line of vision.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Korse began taking in his surroundings. "Looks like there is a party going on and I wasn't invited. I'm hurt, truly I am."

"Shove it Korse." Poison growled. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Korse shot me a wicked smile that sent chills up my spine. "I only came to wish your dear Sapphire Night a happy birthday."

I narrowed my eyes and glared, aiming my blue lazer at him. "I'm not interested in anything that you have to say Korse."

He laughed a bitter, hard laugh and gave the signal to his Dracs to begin an attack. Lazer beams were flying everywhere and the diner was a mess in a matter of minutes. Party Poison went straight after Korse and the two of them were locked in a stare down as the rest of us fought around them. I kept Grace practically glued to my side the entire time. For every Drac the boys and I ghosted it seemed like twenty more would show up in replacement. We were completely outnumbered, and it began to seem like all hope was lost. Crimson ghosted three more Dracs before taking Grace and I and leading us towards the back door and my new car.

"Crimson what the hell are you doing?" I asked him as he rushed us towards the car.

"The two of you need to get out of here. Take Grace and go. Just keep driving. Go to Doctor Death is you have to. We'll radio you when this is done."

I pulled my arm out of his grasp and stopped moving. "Crimson no. I can't just leave you guys. I have to stay here and fight."

He opened the passanger door and Grace hopped in and buckled up. Crimson gave here a brief hug before coming back over to me. "Saph there's no time! Don't argue with me please, just go!" The tears started falling again as I threw my arms around him. He was right, I needed to protect Grace. The boys could handle things here.

"I love you Crimson." I whispered to him and he kissed my forehead. A window shattered as he released me and I got behind the wheel of my new Camaro. The last thing Grace and I saw before I sped off was Crimson running back inside.

~~~~~~~~
It has been three hours since Grace and I left the diner. We ended up in Zone 6 hiding out in an old dilapidated house that the gang and I used to believe was haunted as kids. My car was hidden in the garage out of sight, and I kept all the power off in the house. Anyone who drove passed would think it was just an old abandoned house. Grace was curled up on the tattered old couch watching me pace around restlessly. It had been three hours, why has no one radioed us yet?

"Sapphire?" Grace called to me and I stopped pacing.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Are you sure the guys will be okay?"

I sat on the couch next to her and pulled her into a hug. I was asking myself the same question. "Of course they'll be okay." I said to her soothingly. "It'll take more than Korse and a group of Dracs to ghost them."

I hummed a lullaby to her and continued to hold her until she fell asleep. My mother used to do the same thing for me when I couldn't sleep. Once we lost our parents, Crimson Soul would hum a lullaby to me whenever I had nightmares about the past. When I finished my lullaby I let Grace sleep and took my radio into the other room. I set it to channel three and was greeted by static.

"Sapphire Night to the Fabulous Killjoys. Anyone there?"

I got nothing but static. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt dizzy. I took a deep breath to calm myself and tried again. "Sapphire Night to the gang. Anyone there? Please someone respond."

I just got more static. I was really worried now. Crimson told me it would all be fine. What if Korse was able to ghost them? He's be coming for Grace and I next. I just just about to give up and shut my radio off when I got a faint reply. "Kobra here Sapphire. We were finally able to get Korse to retreat."

I let out a huge sigh of relief and collapsed onto the floor as my knees gave out. They did it, they actually got the bald bastard to retreat. "How are you guys doing? Is it safe for Grace and I to come back?"

Static and then, "We've been better. You stay where you are with Grace for the night. It'll be safer for you two to come back in the morning. Sapphire, I got some bad news."

My heart started pounding again, "What bad news? What happened?"

"They got Crimson Soul. We tried to save him, but there were just too many Dracs to fight. They ambushed Crimson after he got you and Grace out. I'm so sorry Sapphire. He's been abducted."

My world just crashed and fell apart right there. I tried to remain strong, but I couldn't. I let out a heartbreaking cry as the realization hit. They got Crimson. The fucking bastards took one of the few family members I had left. First my mother and father, and now my brother. I felt this red hot anger burn inside of him as I cried. Korse was going to pay for this, BLi was going to pay for this. One thing I knew for sure was that I was going to find Crimson Soul. Even if it killed me I was going to find him and bring him home. And if it turns out BLi ghosted my brother, then I won't stop until I avenge his death, my mother's death, and my father's death. They were all going to pay, This I can promise you.

There you have it Motor Babies, the Prologue! R&R please, I really like getting the feedback. Let me know what you all think. XOXO-MCRmyBabe
Sign up to rate and review this story