Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > We Just Go Away

Burns You Up Inside

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

Gerald prepares for the inevitable...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Shadow, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-05-15 - Updated: 2006-05-15 - 279 words

0Unrated
"Do you have anything else to say?" The soldier asked.

"No."

Gerald Robotnik looked to the gunman, his eyes watering with tears. He could scarcely accept that he, at the age of 55, was about to die. He welcomed it with part of himself, certainly, but part of him was scared and sad, sad to leave his wife, his sons, and... his other friend. He had hoped that they could be reunited, even after all he did to him. He hoped that they could reconcile and be together again, regardless of their agendas, their vices, their fierce devotions to their families. Love was love, and he would have been spared...

The gunman hesitated, frowning. He had been one of the soldiers aboard the ARK during the Chaos incident-he had been one of the ones to protect Maria. Gerald could see the pain in his green eyes as he fingered the trigger, and something told him that the young man before him would never touch a gun again.

Gerald frowned, praying that his sons would not be allowed to watch, and praying that Shadow would survive long enough to stop Black Doom. Black Doom, his dear friend, and his greatest enemy... Gerald let loose a sob, crying. He felt so betrayed, so broken, and yet he was just as guilty. "I am a family man," Gerald had said to the alien, as he explained his plan. "I would do anything for my grandchild. I cannot just sit by and watch her die. I will do whatever is necessary to save her, myself be damned."

As he heard the gun click, Gerald decided that he was damned indeed. His mind drifted back...
Sign up to rate and review this story