Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > We Just Go Away

Burns You Out Sometimes

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

Black Doom falls...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Shadow, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-05-15 - Updated: 2006-05-15 - 318 words

0Unrated
"Goodbye, Black Doom. Rest in pieces."

Doom's eye cried out as it fell toward the earth. He looked up at Shadow, feeling a tear forming in its single eye. The hedgehog was his child, almost... the bastard product of its DNA, and the creation of Gerald. Black Doom was not averse to dying but he shuddered at what its loss would mean to his children. All his hopes, it seems, had been dashed. His hope to feed his family... his hope of reunion with his special friend... He had hoped that they could reconcile and be together again, regardless of their agendas, their vices, their fierce devotions to their families. Love was love, and he would have been spared...

Shadow launched one last Chaos spear at him, frowning. Doom suspected that Shadow regretted his actions at least somewhat-after all, Doom knew the secrets of his past-and the child had never been much for killing. Doom could almost see the pain in Shadow's red eyes as he flew away, toward the comet...And in the back of his mind he sensed a distant apology as his ship, his home, his nursery, disappeared.

Doom grimaced, praying that his daughters would be spared his terrible fate, that Shadow would simply send them away unharmed, as Gerald no doubt would have wanted... Gerald, his dear friend, and his greatest enemy... Doom let loose a sob, crying. He felt so betrayed, so broken, and yet he was just as guilty. "I too will do anything for my children. They are my life, and I would sell my very soul to save theirs. We are alike, Gerald. It is our love that may be our downfall, but we can save and protect the children we both love so much."

Doom felt the ground approach, and he felt his children scream in agony as the depth of his betrayal became clear. His mind drifted back...
Sign up to rate and review this story