Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > We Just Go Away

Holding Onto Reasons

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

The conversation that started it all

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-05-15 - Updated: 2006-05-15 - 249 words

0Unrated
"Our children are dying... Yours and mine. Surely, there must be something we can do."

"I don't know. I can't find a cure for her anywhere... And I don't know how to find the emeralds."

"Perhaps we can work together, Gerald. Our peoples will be angry... They will call us traitors. But if we put our heads together, we can save them. But the question is, will you? Will you risk censure and death for her?"

"I am a family man," Gerald had said to the alien, as he explained his plan. "I would do anything for my grandchild. I cannot just sit by and watch her die. I will do whatever is necessary to save her, myself be damned."

"I too will do anything for my children. They are my life, and I would sell my very soul to save theirs. We are alike, Gerald. It is our love that may be our downfall, but we can save and protect the children we both love so much."

Gerald embraced the starfish-like creature, stroking one of its tendrils. "So what can we do?"

"We will use my DNA to create a creature hardy enough to survive her disease... and use it to provide transfusions to protect her. We will then train that creature to find the emeralds... and deliver them to me when the Comet returns."

"Are you sure it will work, Doom?"

"No. No certainty. But I will try anything."

"As will I."

"Then let's get to work."
Sign up to rate and review this story