Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope

Doctor DeathDefying

by Mizzy1122 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-01-15 - Updated: 2011-01-15 - 2924 words

0Unrated
My hand instinctively shot to my ray gun pocket.
No raygun.
"We're toast" I muttered.
The creaking of the front door opening....and I wondered why Meg wasn't screaming. One thought instantly came to my mind.
'They got her'.
The familiar feeling of nausea overwhelmed my stomach. Jet was absolutley frozen.
'No.' I thought. 'They couldn't have. I didn't hear a gunshot!....Wait....what if they kindapped her again?'.
Without consent of Ray, I ran out to the lobby.
A sigh of relief overwhelmed me.
"OH THANK GOD." I breathed.
It was Dr. DeathDefying.

xxx

"Move over kid. I know what I'm doing" Dr. D said as he rolled into the kitchen. Ray untensed himself when he saw a fellow Killjoy in his prescence. Dr. DeathDefying has been with us since the forming of the Killjoy clan, and he has been there through any crap we got ourselves into. Even when we had no hope at all, he would always have this strange intuition, and get right there on the scene as fast as he could. Poor guy got himself injured by a Drac in one of the Humanitary Wars.
We helped him out of his wheelchair and onto a higher chair, so he could reach Frankie's neck okay. He popped on some sterile gloves with a look of determination on his face. With the snip of sharp scissors, he sliced Frankie's neck open with the flick of a hand. I winced as I watched the blood seep out, and I used a rag to dab it up. I tried to calm myself, reminding my mind that Dr.D had knew what he was doing, and Frank was going to be fine. But there is always that pinch of doubt hidden there somewhere.
Ray handed Dr. D the tweezers, and he dug deep down until Frank's neck tissue was in plane sight.
"Let's get some more light over here" he mentioned. I ran over to the sink to set down the bloody rag, and traded it in to for the lamp. I held it over the surgery scene.
There it was.
The slit where the injection was made. It was red and puffy from the sudden stab, but it was big enough to reach down and grab the tracker.
Dr. D's hand did not shake one bit while he was holding the tweezers. The tweezers that would safe Frankie's life. I gave a random thought of putting those bloody tweezers up on a pedestal for everyone to obsess over.
The suspense was killing us all.
I could only imagine poor Meg, sitting out there all alone, not knowing anything that was going on in here. I remembered that Kendle was still sleeping back there....or maybe she was awake? But that didn't matter at the moment.
The tweezers were reached carefully into Frankie's tissue.....
"TAH DAH!!!" Dr. D exclaimed as he showed the tracker to us all. It was pulled safely out of his neck. I grin stretched across my distressed face. I heard Jet chuckle from Dr. D's display of triumph.
"I'll take care of that" I snatched the tweezers from Dr. D's hand, snatched Ray's ray gun, and made my way out front.

The light was blinding. The day was steaming. The desert was a terrible reminder that we were stranded. But I had one main goal.
To DESTROY that tracker.
I booked it to the farthest place I could get away from the motel. I threw that tracker on the ground, wrapped it in the sterile gloves, and aimed my raygun with confindence. A smirk crossed my face, as I pulled the trigger. The wretched thing burst into flames. I stomped on it to kill out the flames.
It was gone.
We were safe.

~~
When I got back Frank was stitched up and resting on the lobby couch. "So," Dr. D said as he rolled over to me, "got anymore problems on your hands?"
Maybe he could check out Kendle? God, I hope she's okay.
"Um, yeah, actually, my... friend is sick and I was hoping you could make sure she's okay?" I asked, running my fingers through my knotted hair, imagining the worse that could be happening to her.
Oh GOD, what if she was dying?! Or caught some strange disease?! No... that's impossible!!!
"Oh, sure. Lead the way!" Dr. D chimed as I led him down the hall.

Dr. DeathDefying~~
I followed Gerard down the long hallways and paid close attention to his tense body, his palms sweating and the nervous look on his face. Normally Mikey would be around to make sure he was okay... Where WAS Mikey?
He opened a door and he places his finger over his lips, signaling me to be quiet. I waited in the doorway as he crept over to the unmade bed where a small figure laid, she was asleep, I could tell, but her breathing was fast but uneven.
"Kendle?" Gerard croaked, I could taste the worry in his voice, his hands stroked her sweating cheek and she looked up at his worried face. "Are you feeling better?" He asked, resting on the bed next to her, probably forgetting that I was even here.
She nodded her head, but Gerard and I could both tell she was lying, she couldn't even sit up straight. She gave him a weak smile, her had twined with his and Gerard only frowned with twice the worry.
The way he looked at her, I didn't have to think twice about it: he loved her, and I've known Gerard since God knows how long, Gerard isn't the kind to fall for anyone. He was rock solid, but here he was, right now, drownding himself with worry for one small girl.
"Ahem." I coughed in the doorway and Gerard's head snapped up, looking at me, his cheeks red.
"Oh.. right," I fought back a smile, it was good to see Gerard settled down with someone special. "Kendle, I have someone here to see if your okay." He whispered and she blindly nodded her head as he motioned for me to come over.
I wheeled to the side of the bed as Gerard lifted her in his arms, carrying her as if she was a precious object. "She's been puking all morning." He said, sweeping the hair out of her face.
I examined her for the next ten minutes, "Do you usually get morning sickness?" I asked, I knew what her problem was but refused to say it, not knowing how Gerard would react.
"No. Never." She said softly, looking up at Gerard who was studying her face.
She was pre--
"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Gerard finally asked, his paitence running on a thin thread.
"She's fine," I lied, "just needs some rest. And food. Get her some food." I said and he raised his eyebrows, as if saying, 'FOOD?'
Kendle hadn't heard a thing, she was balancing herself between the state of being awake and falling asleep. "Oh." Was all Gerard could say.
"Well!" I said, in a hurry to get out. "I think I'd best be going. I'll catch you later, call me up if you need anything else." I said and wheeled out of the room.
Pregnant.
Kendle was pregnant.

Kendle~~
My head was pounding, as if something was crashing against my skull. I couldn't even remember what had happened just now, all I could was focus on was holding on. Breathing felt like such a big worry right now, I couldn't catch my breath.
"Kendle? Did ya hear that? You're gonna be okay." Gerard's faded voice whispers in my ear and I nod my head.
"Gerard," I whispered, clutching myself to his body, "My head--it-it's pounding." Gerard's eyes widened with alarm, his hand feeling my forehead,
"You're on fire, Kendle, do you need anything in specific?"
"Water?" I asked and he nodded his head, leaving the room for only a split second and was back with a full cup of water and he handed to me.
I guzzled it down, the pain increasing slightly. I groaned and Gerard took the cup from me, setting it on a side table. The water ran through my system and my body relaxed, Gerard lied in the bed next to me and gathered me into his arms, the pain seemed to ease once I was his warm hold. He seemed to make the world a better place, just him, because as long as he fought for what he believed in, there was always going to be one face of decencey.
The pain was gone now and Gerard's lips rested on mine lovingly, it was soft and warm, held so much meaning as he whispered in my ear, "I love you."
"I love you, too." I responded and stroked his cheek, his eyes lost in mine and there was a knock on the door.
Gerard jumped off the bed and rushed over to the door, revealing Frankie who was standing awkwardly. "Hey..." He greeted, Gerard waved. Why were they acting so awkward?
"You're okay?" Gerard chirped, punching the awkwardness in the face and kicking it out of the room.
Frankie nodded, "Yup, although the back of my neck feels kinda weird, must've hit a nerve or something." He shrugged and looked back at me, smiling.
"You feeling okay, Kendle?" He asked and I nodded, sitting up and stepping out of bed, standing by Gerard's side.
Gerard smiled at me and took my hand, Frankie's eyes widened, "Are you two...?" He started and grinned, we nodded out heads.
Frankie smirked and took off down the hall, "HEY! EVERYONE! GUESS WHAT?!" I giggled as Frankie announced the news, Gerard only facepalmed.
"Might as well go down and face them." Gerard said and squeezed my hand and we went down to the lobby.
"Hellllooooo." Jet said with a smirk on his face.
Meg jumped towards me and tackled me with a hug, while Jet and Frank high-fived Gerard, I giggled and pushed her off me. "Geez!" I exclaimed and smiled, starving yet not showing it.
The rest of the night we're all just sitting cross-legged on the ground around the fire in the fireplace, Gerard's arm around my waist, Meg in Frankie's lap, and Jet telling us a story about highschool years. Gerard chuckled and added, "Remember that one girl? Dear lord she followed you around everywhere." Jet laughed and sipped a cup of coffee, triggering Gerard to drink his coffee as well.
"Those were the days," Frankie sighed, pecking Meg on the cheek and smiling at her, "back when our biggest worry was getting too much homework. Look at us now!" He gushed, smiling bright and we all agreed.
I smiled and leaned my head on Gerard's shoulder, we talked for hours, somehow ended up talking about superheroes. "Me? A superhero?" Gerard said, baffled, "If there's one thing I've learned, the world doesn't want to be saved, and it will punch you in the damn face if you try. But then again, look at us! Shoot for savior, end up being rad!"
Meg skipped out of the room in her tight jeans and tank top. I looked down at myself, still wearing the white Drac suit covered in blood, I sighed. Meg re-entered the room ten minutes later with hot chocolate, where was she finding this stuff?! "I was thinking," she sang, "tomorrows December 25th! Why not celebrate with hot chocolate?" She hands each of us a cup, bending over and giving Frankie a kiss on the lips before giving him his and sitting down next to him.
"HA! People still celebrate christmas? How 'bout we all just gather around the spintet!" Jet joked and we all smiled.

The hot chocolate warmed me right up as I sat myself in Gerard's lap, he almost instantly wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. Ray was dozing off by the fire, Frank and Meg were sitting on the love seat just sitting and talking, and Gerard and I were snuggling in the recliner. He somehow made it comfortable. I kissed his neck and he smiled, "I love you." He breathed, stroking my hair. I scooted up towards his face and kissed his soft lips, his body went limp into the chair and I smiled into the kiss, my hands pressed to his chest and his arms were wrapped around my waist.
He tasted like cigarettes and mint, along with the hot chocolate we had just drank. "I love you, too." I breathed against his lips and he shivered, gathering me into his arms.
I nuzzled my head into his neck and gave him a tight squeeze before my eyes slipped shut and I fell asleep in his warm embrace.

XXXXXTHREE MONTHS LATERXXXXX

"You ready?" Meg asks me and I nod my head, resting my hand on my plump stomach. Yup. Three months pregnant. And happier than ever. Right now we were getting ready to go visit Dr. D, Gerard had said we'd have to get a move on 'cause we can't stay in one place for too long.
We walk down to the lobby where I'm greeted with a warm kiss from Gerard, his arm around my waist as everyone else finished packing up. We have been completely inseperable ever since IT was official. By IT, I mean my pregnancy. It pretty much got obvious as the monthes grew on, with the all the symptoms and everything. The morning sickness, mixed emotions, jacked up cravings, and of course: the belly. My belly wasn't so big at three monthes, but big enough to see a little bulge.
Gerard OBSESSED over my stomach. For a tough guy like him, I never would have thought he would have longed for a baby, especially in these dying times. At that early of my pregnancy stage, he would still talk to the child inside me, making sure he or she was okay. We actually didn't mind having my baby's gender was a surprise, but we did mind if its birth was a surprise. Gotta be prepared at all times.
Gerard and I never really 'packed up'. We didn't HAVE anything to pack up actually. All us Killjoys only brought our rayguns and our blood-covered selves when we first got to the motel.
On the Draculoid side of things, the motel was a perfect place to stay. It was outside the city map, and the Dracs would have never known it was here because of all of the destruction in 2013. And lucky for us, the Dracs were stupid enough to think that the tracker still existed, even though it's obvious they're getting no signal. We didn't like to bring up the topic of BLI/nd, because we were confused of what they were doing at this moment. Were they searching for us? Were they conjuring up a plan? ....Or did they just give up?
No. Impossible. They had to be doing something right now...
I brushed my auburn hair behind my ear and looked up at Gerard. He gave me a sweet smile, reminding me not to be afraid. This is it. We're moving to our next location...and no one knew exactly where that was.
"Alright people. Make it out to the car." Gerard ordered. He eyed me one more time with that sweet grin on his lips. He grasped my hand, and I gripped tight. We strolled out to the Trans-Am hand-in-hand. Memories shot through me, as I remembered a vague flashback of watching Meg and Frankie walking on school grounds while they were.....holding hands? Yeah! The words that instintantly came to my mind was: So Jealous. But now....I had everything I had ever wanted, and that was Gerard. He was mine, and mine forever.
Gerard kindly opened the car door for my seat, and I slouched in.
PEEEOOOW!
"CRAP" Gerard cursed. I knew that sound...
"Ohmygod. It can't be" Meg groaned.
"Yup. It is." Ray said as he turned to the back window. That familiar feeling of unknowing...fear...loss...danger....
"Drac." I whispered to myself. The car door swung open unexpectadly next to me.
"Kendle listen to me, okay? Stay. In. Here. I don't want you outside. There's NO WAY I'm having you get hurt....or worse...just-just stay in here okay? I can handle it. MEG. Stay inside with her okay? I don't want you getting hurt either. Jet, Ghoul, let's kill this guy" Gerard gave his orders quick and sharp. I loved having my child inside me, but one thing I hated about being pregnant was the feeling of loosing my Killjoy image and appeal. It killed me to know that I couldn't fight for safety without the risk of killing not only myself, but the growing baby that I was nursing...I watched as four more Draculoids came into view. They were out-numbered.
No. I'm not letting any of them get at risk.
"I'm going out there," I said.
"Okay. WAIT. What?!" Meg sputtered.
"Stay inside the car, I'm gonna help 'em." I instructed. I was ready again.
"NO. KENDLE. LET ME DO IT. Frankie trained me! I'll help them! I-argh. Right. I'm supposed to stay in here with you." Meg pouted like she was younger than me.
"Meg, would you rather have Poison get pissed at you for leaving me, or have him get demolished alltogther?". She sighed in frustration.
"Fine. Stay in here. DON'T MOVE. Or both of us are dead meat." she ordered. I grinned. She could do it.
Sign up to rate and review this story