Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Neon Skies Can't Light Our Path

Buildings Are Large Cages

by KJLucidLove666 1 review

Diane gets the unwanted information and starts tracking the boys down.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-01-15 - Updated: 2011-01-15 - 1759 words

2Exciting
The drive was a long one. My motorcycle, a jet-black Triumph T100, made the distance with good speed, but the roads were aweful from the explosions and lack of road construction. The time I'd gotten up was around 6 am. I reached the City around 10 am, and drove through the metropolis, ignoring the blank stares of the pedestrians going to their boring jobs.

I finally reached a corporate-looking building, and went through the glass doors and to the reception desk. Nancy, the secretary, looked at my attire with the same blank eyes. She was another pill-popper that the Industry had let into its walls to help file the many cabinets of paper-work that documented them taking over the west side of the U.S. over the years. I doubted she could even give me her name without having 'memory' problems.

The country of the United States had been cut off from the rest of the world when the radiation had started. But from rumors, most of the polar ice capes had melted and the sea levels were off the charts. The places near the equator were starting to experience low heat levels, making it seem like the ice in the North and South had moved to the equator of the Earth. Corporations had popped up all over the U.S., all of them like Better Living Industries, trying to get people on their emotion-leeching pills and trying to make it seem like the world wasn't ending like it was. It was one bad thing after another.

Nancy buzzed me in, "A Ms. Diane Walters is here for conference", her crisp, clear voice told the speaker. She smiled at me warmly. A false warmth.

"You may go in, Mr. Felix and Mr. Korse are here to see you", she pointed to the door on our left and I walked over to it, grasping the door-knob in a tight grip. I was letting my anger out while I could so I wouldn't speak out of term in front of these guys. I turned the knob and walked into the room.

It was a regular business room, gray walls with a table and gray chairs around it. Two of the chairs were occupied. One of them I recognized as my boss. Felix was a head of the PUMPKIN unit, who was in charge of making the Draculoids and collecting the specimens in order to do that. From what I've learned, they took ordinary people and shot them with high amounts of radiation, making their brains fry and practically making them indestructible. The Dracs were smart, couldn't be killed except for a ray to the heart, and could only be commanded by the Industry, something that the scientists had been able to program into them.

Felix was a tall, sickly-pale man with a crop of blond hair on his head. He dressed just like the other exterminators, new-age with a touch of Victorian fashion. The worst quality I had to say was his eyes and his voice. Both were evil, his eyes black and soulless, while his voice sounded like a demon from hell.

The man with him was bald wearing a gray suit with ruffles coming out of the sleeves and a gun holster running along his chest and around his back. He had a sinister grin on his face, and the same black eyes as Felix.

"Hello there Ms. Walters, I would like to introduce Korse, a colleague of mine, and a person who is in need of your services", Felix told me. I sat down in one of the chairs and lifted my gleaming black Military Jungle boots onto the table. They could take that as a greeting. They shot a glance at each other and smiled at me.

"As I've told you, the payment is your freedom along with your brother's, and you two can have access to go any place in the U.S., or what's left of it", Korse grinned at me. I nodded, agreeing to the terms.

"I'll do it, I only came here to get the information you said you'd give me", I wanted to get to the point of this meeting, being in the same room as them was like having a splinter in your foot, it just keeps getting more irritating until you want to take that splinter out.

Korse nodded and took a remote in his hand, pressing a button. The screen that was on the wall light up. I squinted as he clicked something and a photo came up.

"This here is Jet Star", the photo was of a guy getting out of a car. He was tall with an afro and wearing dark sun-glasses. I took in his outfit, a dark blue jacket with a strange writing on the right side, along with regular jeans and a yellow shirt under the jacket. I nodded for him to go to the next slide.

"Fun Ghoul", a short man next to a vending machine was the next one. Despite his stature, he looked muscular. He had long black hair, and was wearing a yellow and black jacket with the same strange writing on the right side, along with a Frankenstein mask in his fist. I nodded again.

"Kobra Kid", this one was a little more colorful. He was sitting in the same car that Jet Star had been getting out of. Garbed in a vibrant red jacket and yellow tee-shirt, he wasn't exactly conspicuous. He had short blonde hair with another pair of black glasses. Korse switched the slide again.

"This is the girl I want you to bring back to me", the screen lit up with a photo of a little girl sitting in the back of the car. She was wearing a helmat with a red and blue puffy jacket. The hair that I could see told me that it was as poofy as Jet Stars. She looked to be around 9 years old. It was going to be tough getting her out, she looked like the kind that would struggle, but I would try my best.

"Change", I muttered, and the slide changed for a final time.

"And this is Party Poison", Korse hissed, "If anything, I want him dead above all else", the photo was a guy leaning against a table in what looked like the Rio Grande diner that I'd been to before. He had long, vibrantly red hair, the same color as Kobra Kid's jacket, that had black roots showing. Wearing a blue jacket and from what I could see blue jeans with a holster being used as a belt, along with a yellow mask in his hand. So this was the infamous Party Poison. I'd heard about him while I was posing as a Killjoy once. He was supposedly the leader of the Fabulous band, and the conspirator who'd come up with most of their plans.

The Killjoys usually worked to stop the raids that happened, get people back from Battery City, and just stay out of the Industry's clutches. Most of these attempts were actually successful, and this was where people like me came in, to take out the people who threatened to overthrow the Industry.

"Their current location was traced to Zone 5, right outside of the Carbon highway, near a base that they call the Landing", I let it seep into my head, I'd been near there before, but I'd never seen a building out there. Oh well, I'd find it somehow.

"Okay, and is there a set time limit that you want this mission done by?", I asked lazily, leaning my head back over the chair.

"Yes, I'd like for it to be done with in two months, three at the most", Korse informed me, Felix had faded into the background of the conversation. I nodded and got up.

"Is there any equipment you're going to arm me with?", I asked, going through procedure. Korse glanced at Felix, who threw me a high-tech ray-gun. Capable of holding 200 shots and easy to conceal, I liked it. I put it into the holder I had on my hip, throwing my old one onto the table.

"You'll get a backpack filled with supplies and your medication out in the waiting room", Felix told me. They both stared at me with their black eyes, as if waiting for me to ask them yet another question. Instead I smiled and gave sarcastic bow.

"It's been a fun time, but I really must be going my fine gents", I got the pleasure of seeing two surprised looks as I walked out.

Nancy was waiting for me with a canvas backpack filled with food and water. I thanked her distractedly and headed out of the building. Hopping on my motorcycle, I drove over to the small apartment that the Industry had provided me. In there was my storage of alcohol and clothes that I needed for everyday life out in the Zones.

I parked out front and headed up the steps. Walking through the door, I saw that nothing had been touched, no searches had been done. There had been a usual attempt from Felix and the other heads of the place to try and get all narcotics and alcohol away from me so I could perform 'accurately'. But surprisingly my apartment still had it's storage and I packed my back-pack full with a few cans of Miller Light beer and a bottle of Morgan's.

Then I went and packed a shirt, panties, and a pair of jeans. I looked in the mirror in the bathroom for the first time in several days. Wind-blown black hair with purple streaks in it, electric green eyes, and a smart mouth looked back at me. I was dressed in a purple leather jacket with orange stripes, and a pair of black jeans adorned my legs. I had the body of a typical 20 year old, though I was taller and skinnier than most of the other girls I'd seen. I took a small comb off the sink and combed through the mass of knots until it was somewhat neat and washed some of the dirt off my face.

Once I was done with that, I went back to my backpack, put my fingerless leather gloves back on, grabbed my gray helmet and left the place. Not bothering to lock the door, I went over to my motorcycle and hooked the heavy backpack to the back of it, and pulled my helmet on. I did a burn out of the parking lot and began my hunt.
Sign up to rate and review this story