Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Neon Skies Can't Light Our Path

Stake-Outs in the Dark

by KJLucidLove666 2 reviews

Diane finds them and makes an ambush.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-01-21 - Updated: 2011-01-22 - 1679 words

1Exciting
It took two days to even get close to the place where they were said to be. I combed the deserts as I drove to the location. Most of the vehicles I passed were crowded with masked people, they paid no attention to me and I none to them. Though it made me realize that they were actually going to opposite way I was, toward the Industry. Another raid was probably going to happen and these were the supporters ready to fight.

One very dusty Chevy Truck passed me with the back filled to the brim with people. I caught the eye of one girl as I passed them. She must've been younger than me by a considerable amount, but to see her ready to go into battle made my blood boil. It made me want to take her place and go with them to get people out. But I knew that it would never happen that way, not as long as Felix kept my brother captive. Keith was his name, but he probably had a different one now, it made me wonder if he even remembered his little sister.

I shook the thought away and stepped on the speed in a way to get my anger out. The free feeling in my gut increased with my speed, and even though I was still a agent of the Industry, I reveled in the deserts around me. California's temperature had increased during the radiation, making any farm or even forest that the state had die away. Now it was a barren waste land, though it still had it's beauty,despite the sweltering air. The dust from my wheels were the only thing that let anything in a hundred mile radius know I was coming.

I dropped off the Carbon Highway when I reached the 5th of the Zones, going onto a dirt road that could barely be seen if the person didn't know it was there. A fallen sign was by the road, I had read a thousand time, but I still read it with a quick glance. Laser Turnpike. A fitting name to say the least, I touched my gun in a way to make sure it was still there. The night was coming on quick when I spotted a building in the silhouette of the setting sun. The Industry had been right, the familiar car from the pictures was outside of the place, and without a doubt, the four Killjoys were in there. Along with the girl.

I swerved and went behind one of the giant rock formations that made the West Coast famous. It was right on a hill and was large enough to fit a large building behind it. If the fight was going to be one against four, I needed everything I had to stay hidden, surprise was my weapon. I stopped and cut off my engine, glancing back at the run-down house to see if anyone noticed me. The house itself looked like it had gone through one too many decades, but no one had come out, though I could see a person's image looking out the window. I dunked down, hiding myself behind the edge of the rock.

Staying down, I made myself comfortable, since I would be waiting for night to fall completely before making my attack. I pulled out a granola bar and chomped away, I didn't want to work on an empty stomach. The sun was sinking behind the horizon, and I felt uneasy as it did. I'd killed people before, but every time I felt even worse as I did. This time was no exception, but I pushed it away and concentrated on my plan.

My mind remembered the picture of Party Poison. Korse had wanted him dead above all else, making it seem pointless to go after one of the others first. I'd kill him and then take out the rest as they were waking up, and then I would finally grab the girl and, struggling or not, take her back to the City. It seemed easy just saying the plan in my head, but I knew that it would be harder than I thought. I threw my wrapper to the side and waited for the sun to go away.

The hours flew by fast, and as the night turned completely dark, the lights above started happening. The radiation that was still in the sky made it's gases flash different colors. If I had to describe it, I would say it was California's own aurora borealis, though I've never been to the north. I watched them as I kept an eye on the building.

Only once had someone come out. It looked like Jet Star with the poofy hair, and he had just taken something out of the car and went back inside. I'd raised my alert, but he hadn't even looked my way. I was utterly bored.

Finally it was time for me to go, and I pulled out my gun and mask, taking a few pills to calm my nerves. The mask was in case someone got out alive and made it to another group, if they knew what my face looked like then I'd be dead out on the road with a motorcycle. It was a cat mask that you'd find at a Halloween shop, black with purple whiskers. Under that I pulled a orange hankerchief on to cover the bottom of my face.

After all that, I walked toward the dark house. It was hard to go around the shrubs in the dark, but I did it succesfully and inconspicuously. The lights were out, probably to try and hide that they were there. Too bad they had someone already tracking them. I slowly crept to the door of the house, going around the car, which I now took the time the look at. It seemed to be a yellow General Lee with a black spider spray-painted on it, along with several other graffiti images including the American Flag. I raised an eyebrow at it, I definitely liked their style. I shook my head, this was no time to be admiring vehicles.

I walked up the porch steps, somehow doing it without making any squeaky noises. There was a screen door that wasn't locked, plus a door behind it that looked like it had been busted down a few times. They were completely defenseless. Then again, if anyone really wanted to get in then they'd come through the windows. I shrugged it off and walked through the doors slowly, taking my time to not make any noise.

I walked into a living room that looked more like a garage. Miscellaneous objects were everywhere, along with pieces and parts of machinery. Spray paint was on every surface, saying phrases and words. ART IS THE WEAPON took up one entire wall along with THE AFTERMATH IS SECONDARY. There was a couch and a armchair in there, which were occupied. By the look of the vibrant red jacket and the blond hair on the guy in the chair, he was Kobra Kid. And a yellow and black striped jacket along with the long black hair, confirmed the other as Fun Ghoul.

'Damn', I cursed mentally. Party Poison had to be in another room, which meant I had to listen in case these two to wake up. I walked past them quietly, not making a peep as I crossed into another room. I guess they had made the house into a giant bedroom. It was a kitchen I walked into, the oven and sink gave it away, but there was two couches where a table would be. On one was Jet Star. I was surprised to see that he had a eye-patch now, it made me wonder what had happened to his eye. In the other was Party Poison and the girl.

He was laying on his back, his red hair strewn across the arm of the couch, with one hand on the gun in the holster. 'He's prepared isn't he', I thought dryly. Party and the girl were on the same couch with the little girl clutching onto the man, it gave my heart a throb, but I thought past it. I would have to give Party a quick shot and then go to Jet Star, then take on the other two in the room next to us.

I crept over to the sleeping two, taking small steps, until I was finally looking down at the red-head. I quick reached my arm out and grabbed the gun from underneath his hand, which leaped up and tried to grab back, but I was too quick. His eyes snapped open, and he tensed at the sight of me. He opened his mouth to say something and I raised my gun and placed the muzzle against his forehead and raised his own gun as a back up, a quick death. The girl was still asleep, my appearance still as silent as ever. I steadied my hand to pull the trigger. He smirked and suddenly I had the feel of a gun against the back of my head.

"I'd put the guns on the floor and put my hands in the air if I were you", the owner of the gun told me. I'd been found out. I whipped around and put a gun to the guy's neck, catching him by surprise. Fun Ghoul was behind me, and I still had a gun at Party and at the girl. Party was looking hatefully at me, almost like he was hoping to burn me with his eyes. Fun was holding his gun steady, ready to do anything if I made a move.

"I'd rethink that unless you want him and the girl gone in a blink of an eye", I threatened, I wasn't bluffing. I'd been trained to finish off a load in less than fifty seconds, leaving two rays in these people wouldn't be much, it would be faster than Fun could shoot me. This was going to be a fun fight.
Sign up to rate and review this story