Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean > Blue Leads to Hell

The Effects of Andromeda

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Bern gets close to the captain...

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-01-16 - Updated: 2011-01-16 - 2238 words

-1TrainWreck
Unable to control myself, I moved a little closer to the captain where we were sitting on the barrel. Jack the monkey ran from Barbossa's shoulder and onto mine. He chattered excitedly and started turning my hair into an even bigger rat's nest. I blushed and tried to finger comb my hair before Jack could mess it up too much.

Looking over at Barbossa, I saw he had a very thoughtful expression on his face. Wondering what he was thinking about, I asked, "What's up, Captain B? You look like you're thinking about something important." Barbossa turned towards me and smiled a little smile, "Aye, I'm always thinkin' about somethin', missy. It's the way me mind works."

I waited for him to tell me what he had been thinking about, but he remained silent. Wanting to know what was on his mind, I raised an eyebrow at him and asked, "So? Aren't you going to tell me what you're thinking about?" For some reason, something inside of me wanted to hear he had been thinking about me. Yes, I know, I'm being pathetic.

Barbossa looked down at me and gave me an amused smile, "Nay, not this time." I frowned. I really wanted to know what he was thinking about. I stuck my lip out in a pout and complained, "But why not? I always tell you what I'm thinking about if you ask. Wouldn't it only make sense that you should do the same?"

"Ya didn't tell me what ya wished fer," the captain retorted, still smiling at me. I looked at my feet and realized he was right. How could I expect him to tell me his secrets if I couldn't tell him mine? Maybe all that would come in time. We still needed to get to know each other. How long had we known each other anyways? A week? It couldn't be more than that.

The two of us stayed silent for a few minutes and I continued to let my mind wonder what Barbossa was thinking about. Finally deciding that was doing me no good, I decided to ask him a question that he might actually answer, "So captain, what are your plans for the future? You know, what do you plan to do for the rest of your days?"

Barbossa tilted his head back so that he could look up at the stars and replied, "Ya already know that, don't ya? Find the fountain of youth, of course. That's why I had ya get those charts for me." Barbossa looked up at squinted at another particular bright spot in the sky and said, "That's the Andromeda galaxy."

I nodded and said, "Well, yeah, I knew that. I meant what do you want to do after you find the fountain? You'll have all eternity, you know." I was much more interested in hearing about Captain B's plans versus looking at stars or galaxies. It's not like they were boring, it was just that the captain was so much more interesting than the shiny objects in the sky.

Captain B looked down at me with a very weird expression on his face. It was as if I had said something crazy or improper. Not sure what the big deal was, I tilted my head at him and asked, "What? Did I say something wrong?" Barbossa chuckled and shook his head, "Nay. It's just...curious." Barbossa shook his head and I could tell he was thinking about something again.

Needing to know what it was, I said, "What's curious? You're doing that thing I hate again." As soon as the words were out of my lips, I regretted saying them. I needed to respect the captain. There was no proof that he liked me even if I felt a small (or maybe not so small) attraction to him. Who knew? He could throw me overboard in the middle of the night for all I knew.

Fortunately, Barbossa just laughed again and asked me curiously, "What's the thing ya hate?" I shrugged and blushed before saying, "You kinda talk to yourself. Or you never tell me what you're thinking. You leave me to guess. I hate guessing. You could be thinking about heaven or hell for all I know. I simply have no idea."

Barbossa thought about my words for a moment or two before he tilted his head at me and asked, "So what be it? Am I thinking about heaven or hell?" He gave me one of those smiles that I was coming to love. Shrugging my shoulders again, I replied, "I don't know! I hate that too. You keep trying to make me read your mind. I suck at that."

Captain B nodded and said with a smirk, "Exactly. That's the whole point, ya know." He reached up and stroked Jack the monkey imperiously. I frowned up at him. So it was all on purpose! For some reason, he didn't want me to know what he was thinking about. Hm...why was that? I was determined to at least get a little bit more information out of him.

Giving him a little smile, I asked, "And why don't you want me to know what you're thinking?" Barbossa peered over at me from the corner of his eye and thought for another moment before replying, "It would not be proper fer me ta tell a pretty little lassie like yerself me darkest thoughts. Ye never know what runs through me brain." Barbossa shot me a devilish smile.

"Oh really?" I asked. I decided to play along with the game. Anything that I could get out of Barbossa would be worth it. Smiling coyly at him, I started, "What would these dark thoughts be, Captain B? Believe me, I don't have the cleanest mind in the world." I shifted closer to him so that our thighs brushed together and I asked, "Could it be something...immoral, perhaps?"

"Immoral?" Barbossa raised his eyebrows at me and then looked down at my leg. He raised his eyebrows even higher and tightened his grip on my waist, "Hm...it's hard ta say, my dear. What would ya like it ta be? Would ya like it ta be somethin...say...immoral?" Barbossa searched my face questioningly. He was obviously trying to see if I was only teasing or if there was something more.

I would like to say that I was only teasing, but unfortunately, I was not. As much as I tried to deny it, I wanted Captain B to be thinking something dark and sexy about me. Something told me that he was probably not thinking anything related to that, but it couldn't hurt to fantasize. That was something I did a lot. My fantasies and dreams always run away with me.

"You can think about whatever you like, Captain," I replied with a smile. Then I frowned and added, "You never told me what you were going to do after you found the fountain of youth." I narrowed my eyes at him and put a hand on my hip, "Are you avoiding my question?" I wasn't really sure how I wanted Barbossa to answer my question. I guess I just wanted to know more about him.

Jack the monkey scurried down into Barbossa's lap. I spent a little too much time thinking about how I would like to be that monkey while Captain B looked thoughtful and finally said, "Not much, missy. Ya know what a captain's life is like, don't ya? We sail the seven seas from the time we're born until the time we die. There's not much more than that."

I nodded. For some reason, I had been hoping Barbossa had more exciting plans. But then again, I couldn't really expect that from him. He was a Captain. Captains always sailed with their ships. It's just the way it was. As I was thinking all this, Barbossa suddenly turned to me, raised an eyebrow curiously, and asked, "And what about yerself? Ya have plans after we find the fountain?"

"Well yeah," I replied. I was of course going to settle down and get married. But Barbossa already knew that...didn't he? Apparently not, because he gave me a funny look and said, "Well? Ya goin' ta tell me what they are or not?" He was looking at me closely like my answer really mattered to him. Maybe it actually did?

"I've already told you," I said, keeping my voice causual. I looked out at the sea ahead of me instead of meeting Barbossa's eyes. I continued on, "I'm going to find a nice town somewhere, find a husband, and then settle down." I stopped for a moment before adding in a hurry, "But no children. Definitely not. I hate kids."

That made Barbossa laugh. He threw his head back and chuckled before he turned back to me and said, "Never really liked children meself either. How will ya know when ya meet the right man ta be yer husband?" Barbossa was looking at me carefully now. All of his attention was focused on me. Even Jack the monkey was turned in my direction.

Barbossa's question kind of caught me off guard. I had no idea what made a man the "right" man for me. I shrugged in reply to Barbossa's question and said, "No idea really. I suppose he'll have to love me, treat me as an equal, and love me for my personality. I don't want a guy who cares only what I look like. those kind of relationships don't last."

The captain nodded as I said that and then replied, "Yer a wise girl, Miss Cook. I wish ye the best tryin' ta find a man like that." I smiled up at the captain and for a moment, I almost slipped and said, "Maybe I've already found one?" Luckily, I managed to keep that thought to myself and said instead, "Thank you, Captain B."

The two of us were silent for a moment or two and then Barbossa whipped his head over in my direction and asked in a tight voice, "How was Jack?" Jack? I frowned. Did he mean Jack the monkey or the Jack who I had slept with? Having no idea, I replied in a guarded tone, "W-what do you mean? Jack is sitting on your lap." I pointed at the monkey.

"Not that Jack," Barbossa said with a roll of his eyes. "I mean the other Jack." I nodded slowly and felt my body tensing at the mention of Jack Sparrow. This conversation definitely wasn't going to go anywhere good. I looked at the ground and asked, "What about Jack Sparrow, captain?" I hoped he didn't mean what I thought he did.

Unfortunately, he did. Barbossa gave me a don't-be-stupid look and said, "Ya know what I mean. Did he treat ya right?" I turned bright red at the question and looked at my feet. Slowly, I shruged and replied, "Yeah, he was nice to me. I mean, it was my first time and all. I hadn't even been kissed before the other night."

"Really?" Barbossa's eyebrows shot up with surprise. "I'm surprised ta hear that." Barbossa frowned suddenly and mumbled, "I bet Sparrow did a lot more than just kiss ya though. So tell me, do ya think Sparrow was a good kisser?" Oh god, this situation really couldn't get anymore awkward. At least the captain didn't seem mad at me anymore.

Trying to lighten the mood, I shrugged and said, "He was alright. Like I said, I've only been kissed once, so how would I know if he was a good kisser or not? I mean, I could be a terrible kisser for all I know. I suppose I won't be able to know if Jack was a good kisser or not until I have something to compare it to." I should Barbossa a meaningful look.

"Would ya like another kiss to compare it to?" Barbossa asked, tilting his head at me. "I may not be the most gentle of men, but I've had enough flings at the ports ta know how ta kiss a young woman." My heart literally stopped at his words. He was going to kiss me! Well, only if I gave my consent anyways.

"I'd like that very much, Captain," I said almost seriously. I gave a little nod and turned towards him on the barrel. I lifted my chin slightly and closed my eyes. Barbossa lowered his face to me slowly and tucked my hair behind my ears. We locked gazes for a moment. I took off his black hat with the feathers and set it on the floor. Barbossa leaned down and closed the space between us. The moment our lips met, I was in heaven. Barbossa's mouth on mine sent electric sparks all down throughout me. He kneaded my mouth and placed a hand on my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave a little moan of delight as Barbossa licked my lower lip.

Two minutes later, I somehow was sitting on his lap facing him with my legs wrapped around his waist. Blood seemed to be pounding through my veins and all I wanted to do was fuse myself with the Captain. But of course, things don't usually go according to plan. Something always ruins the moment. Like how I suddenly heart footsteps...oh shit...
Sign up to rate and review this story