Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Can Run Away With Me, Any Time You Want.

Chapter 1

by PoisonedStatic 1 review

FRERARD, PEOPLE! This is present tense - the Era of the Danger Days. Gerard finds some of his old feeling for Frankie, but now they're all grown up and apparently mature, what'll they do?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-01-14 - Updated: 2011-01-16 - 803 words

2Ambiance
Chapter One
Gerard’s Point of View
“I just wanted to thank you...” I panted into my microphone at the screaming audience, while pushing my hair back roughly, “for being such... Such an amazing audience of...” c’mon Gee, I thought, groping for strength, I finally found some. “...For being such an amazing audience of fucking fabulous Killjoys!!” I screamed, and hurtled around the stage for the last time as the crowd erupted.
The lights glorified me, dazzled me. I watched my fans swimming around my body, patterned in the stage lights. This was my third concert in a row of three days, and I was damned tired, but this was what made it worthwhile for me – the stage, the noise, the atmosphere and most of all making my fans high on music; I loved it.
“Thank you so much for coming!” I yelled like a maniac, “From the bottom of my heart, I’m – well, we’re just so grateful for the support that you guys –“ I pointed at all the fans, their screams rippling through the air towards me, “- have given us. Our fans, our Killjoys; I truly couldn’t thank you more!”
Pacing up and down the stage, I waved and blew kisses to them all. “So long and goodnight, people!” I hollered, “I love you all! Thank you so much, and we all love you so much!” With that and the bands’ riffs echoing in my ears, I sprinted off stage; totally exhausted but inexplicably happy.
---
Mikey was the first person to smash through my dressing room door as I lay in a heap in the corner, completely knackered.
“Gee! Gee, that was incredible! I loved it! Well done!” My brother gabbled, obviously still under the influence of a huge adrenaline rush.
“Thanks, bro, you too...” I replied, looking up through my tangle of red hair and giving Mikey a crooked smile.
“What’s up?” He replied, nudging my boot with the toe of his, and then sitting down on the floor next to me, leaning against the wall. “Didn’t you enjoy it?” My brother asked, shifting his wiry frame around into a comfier position.
“Yeah!” I said, amazed that Mikey would think I hadn’t enjoyed a concert, “I’m just tired, I guess. Real tired; I think I might... I might go to sleep.” I sighed happily.
“’Kay” Mikey shrugged, smiling at me. He looked tired too, his eyes squinting at me in the cheap, bright light of the dressing room – but he looked... Happy; content – I was happy for him being happy.
But, was I happy? Inside? ‘Cause, I just felt... A little bit lost. Like someone had taken something away from me; like I’d lost something inside of me.
It’s nothing, damnit Gerard! I thought to myself, you’re just homesick. That’s all, missing your family. But I hadn’t ever really been homesick before. Maybe... I was missing someone else.
A little voice inside my head seemed to giggle at me. “Just stop lying to yourself, Gerard...” It hissed, “Lying to yourself... We all know who you’re missing... You know who you’re missing... Don’t we? He-“
“Shut up!” I blurted out, shaking my head and opening my eyes.
Mikey sat up and stared at me. “Gee? Gerard? Are you really alright?” He shook my shoulder worriedly.
“Yes, yes I’m fine... Fi-fine...” I mumbled, rubbing my hands across my face hard.
“I think you’re too tired to help us pack up, Gee. Just get some sleep, okay?” Mikey acted the helpful brother and dragged me up, then helped me to the exit doors.
“Thanks, bro...” I said feebly. “I’ll be in the bus”
---
I woke up to the sound of somebody rummaging in the fridge amongst the many beer bottles. I turned around under my blanket on the sofa to face whoever it was in the bus, but I kept my eyes closed, because the light would hurt my eyes – I had a stinging head ache.
“Hey Gee! We’ve just finished packing. What are you doing here?”
My heart turned over at the sound of his voice.
“Gee? You okay?” It came again. I could listen to that damn beautiful voice all day, I thought.
“No...” I moaned, surprised I could say anything, my heart was beating that fast. “I’m not o-fucking-kay, Frankie...” My heart fluttered at his name, my mouth melted every letter of his name.
I opened one eye to see him, and I nearly stopped breathing;
Because he was fucking beautiful.
Through my one eye, I could just see all his face, up close. His crystal amber-brown eyes, perfect and kind; those irresistible lips.
How could I have not realised this?
I missed Frankie, my other half.
Sign up to rate and review this story