Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Love Hurts, Love Scars

Love Hurts, Love Scars

by rocknrollbabie 1 review

Axl finally gets to come home from touring to propose to Erin Everly. Problem is, his manic depressive gets in the way. Will Axl ruin his chances with the love of his life? This is my first fan-fic...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-01-15 - Updated: 2011-01-16 - 1597 words - Complete

0Unrated
Guns N' Roses had just got back from the GN'R Lies tour. The gunners were extremely excited to get back to their homes. After a long year on the road, they were getting tired of each other. They needed time apart. Izzy wanted to get back home to see his dog; Slash was going home to his wife, Pearla; Duff wanted to hit the bar; Steven was going to rehab to try to get clean. He desperately needed to get clean to stay in the band. And Axl was finally going to propose to his girlfriend of five years, Erin Everly.
Axl had wanted to propose earlier in the relationship, but because of him being so busy, he decided to wait. He walked into the house in which they shared. Torque, Axl's puppy, immediately started barking. Axl made the conclusion that Torque probably hadn't recognized him, and ignored the animal. “Erin?” He called out, but heard nothing. He called once more. Still nothing.
Axl went upstairs, and into the room that he and Erin shared. Erin was sleeping in their bed. Axl stood by the door, watching her. He was never struck by a woman's beauty like this. He admired everything about her, especially her eyes. To his prospective, her eyes were more precious than diamonds. Suddenly, Erin started to awaken; Axl smiled at her.
Erin rubbed her eyes and stretched, and to her surprise, she saw him standing there. His shoulder-length red hair shone. His beautiful emerald green eyes were filled with happiness. His eyes hardly showed happiness, they would mostly show pain, and sometimes anger. She smiled back at him, slightly embarrassed, as she had not known how long he was watching her sleep. “How long have you been there?” She yawned.
“About 4 minutes. I didn't want to wake you..” He said, as he sat on the edge of the bed. Erin sat up and sat next to him.
“What a gentleman. How was the tour?” She asked. She knew Axl could talk her head off, but some of the stories he had to tell were amazing. She was with him as much as she could be, but sometimes she just couldn't make it to the shows. Sometimes, it was just “too dangerous” for her to go.
“It went really smooth, concert wise. But, I made Steven sign a contract.”
“Contract for what?”
“I want Steven to quit heroin. I told him to go to rehab, and get clean, or he's fired. It was really hard for me to do...but I can't risk him hurting himself, or the band. The guy has some major drug problems, and I'm trying to look out for him. I thought that him getting fired would motivate him to stay in the band and stay clean. Let's just hope it works.” He stated. Erin just looked at him.
Axl had a weird way of doing things, but as long as he got the best performance from every member, he was satisfied. Plus, Axl was fed up with drugs in the band. He just wanted it to end; he had told other members to stop as well, but when drugs had interfered with Steven's drum playing, he decided enough was enough.
Erin got up, brushed her hair and got dressed. Axl just lay in bed. He had been tired after a long plane ride home. Soon enough, he drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Axl awoke. A note rested on Erin's pillow. He grabbed it and starred at it until the words on the paper made sense.

“Axl,
I got called in for a photo-shoot. Should be back in a few hours. I made you breakfast, it's on the counter. I love you very much.
-Erin
P.S.: Don't forget to feed Torque.”


Axl scratched his head and got up. He pulled on a pair of jeans that were laying on the floor, and walked downstairs. He grabbed a bag of dog food, poured half the bag in Torque's bowl. The sound of it made Torque run to the kitchen. Axl loved that dog. He had found him on the streets one night and decided to keep the little mutt. He smirked at how much Torque could eat. He could fit into the palm of Axl's hand, yet he ate like a bear.
Axl made his way to the refrigerator, and grabbed a beer from it. Maybe a beer would tame his wild headache, and who knows, maybe even some of his stress would go away. He sat down, scarfed down his breakfast, and chugged a beer. He could tell this wasn't going to be the best of days. He was definitely in one of those moods. When in these moods, even the slightest thing could piss him off.
The read-head was awakened from his daydream by the sound of the telephone. He let it ring for a moment, and answered it, hoping it would be Erin. “Hello?” he said, voice a little hoarse.
“Hey, man.” It was Izzy's voice. “You awake?”
“No, man. I'm talking in my fucking sleep.”
“Well, excuse me, grumpy. Look, I found Steven passed out at the Cat House last night. I called the rehab center, and he didn't even check in. And I know you don't want to hear this at the moment-” Izzy was cut off.
“I don't want to fucking hear it at all! Is he in rehab now?” Axl yelled through the phone.
“Well..no..but-”
“Fire his ass! I work way too hard to have him goof off and shoot up every hour! It's not a game anymore, it's not a fucking game!”
“Are you sure?” Izzy said, “It would ruin his life if we fire him.”
“He's ruining his own damn life!” And with that, Axl hung up. God dammit, he thought.

He threw the phone across the room. Why could nothing go right in his life? He grabbed another beer from the refrigerator, and chugged it down. Beer after beer, Axl became more and more in his state of mind. The more he drank, the more he thought about things. The more he thought, the more he just wanted to die. He was sick of the fame. He remembered a time when it was about the music; about proving people that he could make it out in California; about proving he could make it as a rock star. And he did it; he accomplished it. Now, he was slightly regretting it, and wanting it to end.
He shoved his hand in his pocket and grasped a small box. He pulled it out and opened it. It was Erin's engagement ring. Then he remembered, he wouldn't have met Erin if he wasn't in this band. He heard a doorknob twist and start to open, and he quickly put the small box back in his pocket. Axl straightened up, and tried not to look so drunk and upset. His attempt failed.
“Axl? Are you alright?” Erin asked, concerned.
“What does it look like?” His voice was raised. He was completely unconscious to his actions and what he was saying.
“I just asked. There's no need to yell.”
“Look, bitch, it's my fucking house. I'll yell if I want to!” He yelled. Erin starred at him, trying to ignore his anger and frustration. She was used to this by now. She knew how violent he could become, but on the other hand he was also very sweet. She thought it was best not to say anything. She walked away. “Don't fucking walk away from me!”
“Well, I really don't like your attitude right now!” She hollered back at him. She hated raising her voice, but sometimes she felt it necessary. “I was at work all morning! I did nothing to you. Quit taking all of your anger out on me.”
“Don't tell me what to do!” He stumbled up, obviously drunk.
“Look, I really do not want to argue with you. Just please try to calm down.”
“Just please try to calm down!” He mocked. “How the fuck can I calm down if you're bitching and complaining all the damn time?!”
“I'm not complaining!” She was furious now. “I don't need this!”
“I don't need you!”
“Is that so?!”
“Yes, it is so!” He starred at her. Erin was halfway up the stairs, and was coming down. “Where do you think you're going?” He asked, sobering up.
“I'm leaving, Axl. I am so, tired of your crap! You're a drunk and I swear to God you're such a...a...”
“Go ahead! Say it!”
“An asshole! You're an asshole!” She yelled back in his face. Axl stood there in shock. Erin never swore. She must have meant it. If she decided to call him an asshole now, she was probably serious about leaving. Erin ran upstairs. Axl followed, only to see Erin packing a suitcase.
“Oh no, you don't! You're not leaving! You can't leave!” He tried to persuade her to stay, rudely. Erin ignored his bidding, and closed her suitcase. Axl had enough. He snatched the suitcase from her and threw it against the wall. He grabbed her by the wrists and threw her on the bed.
“Stop it! What's your problem!?” She asked. Erin was terrified that he would hurt her worse. But this time, she knew it wouldn't be verbally.

Axl ignored the question. He wasn't in reality right now. He didn't comprehend his actions. This happened often. He normally realized what he had done when it was too late. This was going to be one of those times...
Sign up to rate and review this story