Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Love Hurts, Love Scars

Chapter Three

by rocknrollbabie 1 review

The conclusion. To view, click on story index.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-01-16 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 792 words - Complete

0Unrated
The taxi soon arrived at the airport. Axl handed the driver an old twenty dollar bill and headed inside. He saw a crowd of hay, but no sign of the needle. “All flights to Washington now boarding,” the intercom echoed throughout the area.
[/Thank God, I'm not too late,/] he thought, all I have to do is find her. He wondered around for a minute or two. In the distance he heard a familiar voice, and followed it.
The voice lead him to a line of people. Erin was somewhere in the middle of it. “Erin!” he called. Erin turned around only once, saw his face, and turned back around. Why did he have to be here? Axl fought his way through the line, grabbed Erin's hand, and pulled her to the side.
“Let go of me!” she shrieked.
“Just hear me out.” he let go of her hand, “Please.”
Erin just looked at him. At least he said please... “I have to go.”
“Just let me say what I have to say. If you decide you want to leave, then I guess I have no choice but to let you.”
“I'll give you five minutes. I have a plane to catch.”
Axl took a deep breath. “I am completely and unconditionally in fucking love with you. I know you deserve so much better than me. Like you admitted earlier, I am an asshole. I never wanted to hurt you. Believe me, that was never my intention,” he started. Hurry this up, man. You have 3 minutes. “As soon as we got together, we knew it would be a rocky relationship. We've made it work for five years now, and I want it to last forever. I've had these words in my head for months. I've been on stage in front of thousands of people, and I have never been this nervous in my entire life. You know how they say that actions speak louder than words? Frankly, I couldn't figure out a more perfect way to sum this up than with an action,” he finished.
And with that, he kissed her. It was firm, but passionate. Possibly the best kiss that Erin had ever received from him. She kissed him back, but softly. The kiss lasted several seconds. When their lips finally parted, Erin was starstruck. She loved him, too. She didn't want to ruin the moment. Instead, she just made eye contact.
Axl was the first to break the silence, like always, “I don't want you to go. We can work this out. I cannot live without you. But, if you want to leave, I won't stop you. You do what's best for you, but no matter what fucking happens, you'll always be the only girl I'll ever love.”
Erin looked at her plane ticket, and then back at him. For the first time, Axl's eyes showed hope and love, and a hint of tears. Everything he had said, he meant. She looked at the plane ticket once more before tearing it to shreds. She looked back up at the redhead, “Everyone deserves second chances.”
Axl smiled, never feeling so relieved. “But I still have a question...”
“What is it?” She asked.
Axl sighed. He started feeling nervous again. “I wanted to ask you this for a really, really long time, but I could never really find the courage. I know this isn't really the most romantic place but,” he stated as he knelt to the ground. He pulled a ring from his pocket and looked up at her blue eyes, “Erin Everly, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”
“Axl,” she started, “you may be the biggest jerk on this planet, and then you go and ask me this? The only answer I can possibly think of is...”
Axl's hope was starting to fade. “Just say it.”
“You're my jerk, Axl. I don't want that to change. Yes, I will be Mrs. Erin Everly Rose.” Axl smiled, stood up, slipped the ring on her finger, and kissed her. They wanted to stay like this forever.


Precisely one week later, the couple were cuddling on the couch. They were happily engaged and the wedding was going to be in April. Then, there came a knock on the door.
“I got it,” Axl stood and opened the door.
A fluffy haired blonde stood in the doorway. A unique soul that could be no one other than Steven. “I checked into rehab, Axe. I'm so sorry for everything. Just please-”
“Look man, I know where you're going with this.”
“You do?”
“Yeah, I do. You're back in.”
“Really?!” Steven grinned.
Axl looked back at Erin, and at Steven again, “Yes, really. Everyone deserves second chances.”
Sign up to rate and review this story