Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Ain't It Fun

Chapter 14: Mudshovel

by rmrose2662 0 reviews

Axl confronts Izzy and Riley.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-01-18 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 1731 words - Complete

0Unrated
Izzy seemed to have the same “Oh shit” moment I did. He pulled out the second the first word was spoken and pulled his boxers back on. He looked like a very spastic dog when it goes somewhere new, running all over the place, picking up random things and putting them back down, jumping more than he should have. It was actually pretty entertaining to watch and I’m sure I would have laughed I wasn’t behaving similarly.
Finally Izzy came to a solution. “Get in the bed and turn your back to the door. That way if someone walks in they won’t think it’s you.”
“Iz, everyone here knows what the back of my head looks like.”
“Yeah, but it no one’s going to think I would fuck you, so they’ll think it’s someone else! Just get in there and duck your head under the cover.”
“Well what about you. It’d look pretty weird if there was just some girl in your bed without you.”
Izzy thought about it for a moment. “Good point, ok come on, we don’t have much time.”
I crawled into the side of the bed furthest from the door and lowered my head down as far as was comfortable. Izzy was next to me, facing the door, more or less keeping guard against unwanted visitors. Almost the second Izzy pulled the cover over his shoulders there was a knock at his door.
“Come on,” Izzy called confidently, as if nothing was going on. The door swung open and against the opposite wall I could see a rectangular shaft of light block partially by a man’s figure. I knew immediately who it was. There was only one guy in the band with hair that straight…
“Jeff? Are you up man?”
Izzy moved next to me to sit up. “Hey Bill, what’s up?”
Axl shut the door behind him. “Can I talk to you for a sec?”
“Um…” Izzy hesitated. I felt him shift to look at me, then shift back to look at Axl. “I’m not sure right now’s a good time.”
“Why?” I heard footsteps come closer to the bed. “Oh. My bad bro.”
“Don’t worry about it. You know what? Fuck it. What’s on your mind?”
“What about your chick over there?”
Izzy kinda laughed. “Well, she’s not really my chick. And don’t worry about her. She’s fast asleep.”
“Ok.” The bed creaked as Axl sat down on the corner. I pulled my legs further to my side of the bed, trying to keep from touching him. “It’s about Riley.”
I closed my eyes. Like I hadn’t seen that one coming. “What about Riley?”
Axl sighed. “I fucked up man. She’s never going to talk to me again.”
“What’d you do dude?”
“I fucked Adriana…”
“…you’re right, she won’t…” Izzy sounded mystified. Finally, he was understanding why I had come to him.
“Do you think she’d be at her house? I want to call her and fix everything.”
“No, I doubt she’s there,” Izzy mumbled. Great, now HE’S mad at me.
“Why’d you say that?”
“Just a hunch I guess…”
Axl was silent for a moment. “Jeff, do you know where Riley is?”
“N-nah man. I haven’t seen her since this morning.”
“You’re lying.”
“No I’m not.”
“Yes you are. Where is she?”
Izzy sighed. “I can’t tell you.”
“Why the hell not?”
Oh for the love of… I sat up straight, swept my hair out my face, and looked at Axl. “Because he doesn’t want you to kill him.”
Through the very dim light, I could make out Axl’s shocked expression. It ranged from shocked, to pissed, to hurt, and back to pissed. He glared at Izzy. “What the hell man?! You fucked my girlfriend?!”
Izzy sat up. “She said you two broke up!”
“We did break up.”
Axl looked at me, looking blatantly confused. “When?”
“You were just about to break up with me before I beat the shit out of Adriana.”
“Why’d you beat up Adriana?”
“We’ll talk later,” I hissed at Izzy, not meeting his gaze.
Axl looked like he was scrambling for words to say. “I, I, I”
“Well, were you or weren’t you?”
Axl swallowed hard before looking me back in the face steadily. “I was going to break up with you, but I never did. And even if I had, what gives you the right to fuck my best friend immediately after?”
“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe the fact that you fucked the girl I hate more than anything in the universe while we were together. That could possibly, just possibly, be a contributing factor.”
“Riley it was for the record. That was it!”
“You couldn’t wait to record that part until I got there!?”
“I didn’t even know if you were going to show up!”
“Right, so what do you do? You fuck the closest girl to you and mic it up.”
“I thought you said it was ok if I did that stuff so long as it didn’t go public.”
“I did say that, but you micced it and put it on an album! It doesn’t get more public than that!”
“Will both of you shut up!?”
Axl and I stared at Izzy. I had almost forgotten he was there. He was staring into space, trying to process all the information. “So let me get this straight. Bill, you were at the studio when Adriana came in. You guys were recording some song…”
“Rocket Queen,” Axl interjected.
“Rocket Queen, and you decided it’d be a good idea to fuck her and mic it up.”
Axl hesitated. “Well when you put it that way it sounds really shitty.”
“It was really shitty Axl,” I insisted. “Really shitty.”
“She has a point, Axl. That was fucked up.”
“Shut up Jeff! I don’t need this shit from you! I’m gonna be getting enough from her tonight!”
“And what makes you think I’m coming back to you?” I asked harshly.
Axl stared at me wide-eyed. “What? Are you seriously leaving me?”
“I have every reason in the world to, Axl.”
His lips pressed together tightly and his fists balled up. “Fuck you, you whore! I don’t want to see your fucking face again!”
I laughed. “That’s gonna be kinda hard. I’m Slash and Steven’s sister, Duff’s friend, and…”
“And now she’s my girlfriend.”
“What?” Axl and I asked in unison.
“Bazinga!”
“What the fuck?” Axl asked, not sure whether to beat Izzy up or start laughing, or both.
“Nevermind.” Izzy turned to face me and grabbed my hand. “What do you think Riley? Want to be my girl?”
“Um… I…” Izzy looked at me expectantly. I thought he understood, I thought he knew that tonight hadn’t meant a thing, he said he knew he didn't. Then he winked the eye farthest from Axl at me and I understood. He was on my side. He wanted to make Axl jealous because he knew Axl had fucked up.
I cuddled into his side and grinned at Axl. “I’d love to Izzy.”
Axl’s face grew so bright a shade of red that it almost glowed. His eyes were sparking like I had never seen before. I cowered closer to Izzy, honestly starting to fear for my life. He seemed even angrier than he had at the studio and if he had hit me hard enough to draw blood then, I could only imagine what he could do to me now.
Izzy caught onto his friends rise in temper. “Bill, chill out bro.”
“Chill out?! You piece of shit, you stole my girlfriend! Don’t tell me to chill out, you’re lucky your head's still attached to your body!”
Izzy stiffened slightly and stood up. “Bill, cut it out. Are you seriously going to let a girl get between our friendship?”
“Don’t preach to me about friendship! If you were my friend you wouldn’t have fucked my girl, even if we did break up!”
“Well what the fuck was I supposed to do?! I was drunk, she’s hot, and she said you were broken up. So I took my chance. You would have done the same thing! In fact you did do the same thing!”
“You fucking faggot,” Axl growled. He grabbed Izzy by the color of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. “I will make every day of your fucking life a living hell. You thought shit was fucked up before? You haven’t seen anything yet.”
“Axl,” I whispered. “Please stop.”
“I’m done talking to him anyway,” Axl rumbled, letting go of Izzy roughly. The bedroom door swung open, spilling light into the room and casting the shadows of Duff and Slash onto the carpet.
“What the fuck’s going on in here?!” Duff shouted.
Izzy glared at Axl. “Nothing. Bill here was just leaving.”
Axl glared back evenly, not blinking for a moment.
“Riley? What are you doing here?” Slash asked. “And why are you naked?”
I fought back the lump in my throat enough to answer Slash clearly. “I’ll explain everything in the morning.”
Axl switched his gaze to me. “You’re staying here?”
Izzy crawled back onto the bed and put his arm around me. “Of course she is. She is my girlfriend after all.”
Axl kept his stare for a moment before walking out the door.
“Where are you going, Ax?”
“Guitar World. I’ll sleep in the parking lot.”
“What? Come on man, it’s fucking raining,” Duff insisted.
“I don’t give a shit. Any where’s better than this fucking apartment.” The door slammed shut after Axl’s words and an eerie silence fell over the apartment. Slash and Duff looked at each other, than at Izzy and me, then back at each other. Silent words seemed to pass between the two because they both left at the same time, closing the door behind them without so much as a “goodnight.”

AN- The title for this came from Staind's video for their song Mudshovel. Watch the video and it makes sense then.
Sign up to rate and review this story