Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Zzyzx Road

Chapter 4

by axxyrose420 1 review

Joey finally knows what he wants

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-01-19 - Updated: 2011-01-19 - 2255 words

0Unrated
Sid and Joey have been talking a lot since Corey and Joey have talked from last night. Sid was being more happier, and a lot more childish, now that the two was being friends again, everyone knew all hell was going to break lose. Sid and Joey was a pair.

Joey was excited for today, they finally came back into the states. Joey had been texting Wednesday almost everyday, wanting too see him so bad. Corey and Joey weren't fully back together yet. Joey said he needed some time away, he hated himself for hurting Corey, but he just want some time too himself and especially for him and Wednesday. He hasn't seen his ex-lover since they've broken up, so he's hoping this visit is going to be the best ever.

Corey doesn't know what Joey is planning, and when he finds out, it's going to crush him. Corey really wants to be with his love, he doesn't want anything like what he did to ever happen again, he regrets it, thanking Sid for what he had done. He even told Sid that it has woken him up, to know how he truly feels about Joey, that nothing like that one night will never happen again. Sid smiled at him, was glade Corey thought about what he has done, knowing he'll never do it again.

"So, tell me." Corey said, while he sat down next to Sid.
"Tell you what?" Sid asked, confused.
"You and Mick, you two did talk last night, didn't you?"

Sid smiled, yes they've talked last night, with a lot of making out, but didn't really go as planned as both wanted it to.
"We've talked." Sid smiled more.
"And?" Corey asked, annoyed.
"Not what you think Cor."

Corey looked shocked, he was for sure Mick would have gone through with it. He basically cried himself to sleep talking to Corey about how much he'd been having feelings for Sid.
"Why not?"
"I don't know why, we started talking, which talking lead into making out, then something weird just happen."
"What are you talking about?"
"I don't think Mick wants an relationship."
"That's not what he told me."
"I know, I feel the same way, I like being with me, he makes me happy and keeps me out of trouble."
Corey laughed.
"Yeah, he sure has been doing that lately."
Sid locked eyes with Corey.
"So tell me what happen, or what has been said?"

Sid shrugged his shoulders, trying not to look at Corey, he really didn't want to talk about the situation that had happen last night, it wasn't really that bad, but what him and Mick had actually sat down talking about, kind of hurt him. He loved the experience they had, and hoping they have a future together, but Sid couldn't deal with Mick right now, he just wanted to be alone, maybe be with Corey right now, if Corey didn't mind.

Corey was staring at the DJ, trying to figure out what the young man had been thinking, something wasn't right about Mick and him. They should be together by now. Corey sat up all night and day with Mick talking about Sid, how he loved him, wanting to be with him, wanting nothing more in the world. Shawn walked into the room, breaking the silence that feel across the room. When Shawn was in the room, nothing stayed silent.

"What's going on, why is it so quiet in here?" Shawn asked, wearily.
Sid was actually glade Shawn came into the room, the awkward silence was getting really weird.

As everyone else started getting their stuff back into the Slipknot mansion. Joey on the other hand something else in mind. He wanted to see Wednesday so bad. After getting all his things packed away back in his room, he immediately picked up his phone, texting Wednesday.
"Just got back from Slipknot tour. Home for a week, what you doing?" Joey texted.
"That's great. I'm sitting at the studio with my band."
"Mind if we met up tonight, I'm really looking forward to seeing you."
"Sounds good, but shouldn't you be with your band right now? You just got back."
"I've been with them for three months. I think I need a break!"
"Alright, sure come over later. I'll be home in about two hours or so. Laters."
"Late." Joey replied back.

Joey tossed the phone onto the bed watching as Corey knocked on the door. Joey stood still for a moment. Damn he loved Corey, loved him with every beat of his heart. He wanted Corey back so bad, bad enough he could just run away from Slipknot forever! But he'd never leave Slipknot, it was his dream, his second love, there wouldn't be another job in the world that could compare to Slipknot, except Murderdolls.

"Can we talk?" Corey asked, walking in to the bedroom.
"About?" Joey asked, raising an eye brow.
"You and I?"
"Oh, look Cor. I know we still love each other, that will never change, nothing will ever change from the way I feel about you. We just need time apart."
"But why? If we love each other so much, why must we spend it apart?"
"I don't know Corey. I just feel like I have too do this. I feel like I just need to be on my own right now."
"No you don't! Whatever you're going through, we can work through it together!"
"That's the thing. I'm not sure what's going on in my mind anymore, so Corey, if I don't know, then how would you know? And how would you be able to help me?"
"Look man, you're just depressed, that's all that's going on. I know, because I went through the same thing."
"Whatever Corey! You don't know anything that's going on with me, so why don't you stop being a pain, and just leave me alone!" Joey shouted, putting Corey out of his room.

Corey came back into the front room where everyone else had been seated watching Jim and Chris play video games, no one said anything to anyone. This made Corey even more angrily. He hated silence, when silence filled the room, Corey got paranoid. Not sure why this happens too him. He came over sitting down beside Sid. Sid looked at him from out the corner of his eye, resting his arm on the arm rest of the couch, only touching his mouth with his index finger. Everyone looked up when they saw Joey walk into the room.
"I'm going out for a while." He said.

Everyone seemed cool with it. It's not like something big and fun was being planned tonight. No all Slipknot wanted to do was just lay around all day, three month tour is long enough for them, especially when there's no sleep involved. Corey studied the drummer appearance. His eyes seem to be happy, he wore his eye liner and mascara, he wore his black vinyl flares, the bottoms having a strips of red plaid fabric, he wore his black hoodie also.
Corey was wondering why the drummer was all dressed up, and where was he headed off to? But before he could ask, Joey was out the door in a minute. Sid looked over at Corey, noticing how upset and confused Corey was.

Now Sid was confused, what the hell was going on with his friends, one minute everything is fine, then the next everyone was confused, looking sad or screaming at each other. This really upset Sid, all he wants is for his friends to be alright and have things just go back to the way they were. If only Corey didn't cheat on Joey, making Joey feel like shit, none of this would be happening.

As Joey pulled up in his black S.U.V to Wednesday's house, he took a deep breath, it had been almost a year since they've seen each other. He doesn't know how or if Wednesday has change, from the way he's been talking on the phone, he seems like he hasn't changed at all. He gasped when Wednesday walked out approaching him.
"Joey Jordison. Wow it's been a long time, get out of that car and come over here and give me a hug!" He demanded.
Joey smiled, same old Wednesday. He did as Wednesday demanded.
"Damn, it's been a long time. I fucking missed you!"
"I missed you also, and I'm so glade we finally got to see each other."

They walked into the house, sitting down on the sofa, Wednesday offered him a drink, but he said no.
"So what up? You and Corey back together?"
Joey looked down at his hands, picking the black finger nail polish off his fingers, he really didn't come to Wednesday to talk about Corey.
"Not really, I told him I wanted to take a break."
"Why is that?"
"Because, he's smothering me. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Corey, he's been there for me from everything. But I just need my distance right now. And I need my old friend right now." Joey said, coming over, sitting down in Wednesday's lap.

Wednesday sighed, he knew where Joey was going with this and had to stop it before it got way out of hand.

"Joey, no."
Joey looked up at him confused.
"I have to tell you something, but I don't want you to get mad."
"What?" He asked.
"Joey...I have a girlfriend. She'll be back in a few minutes."
Joey was shocked, more shocked then when Wednesday told him he was breaking up with him. Joey's heart sunk, he figured he would at least have one more shot with his ex-lover, but he was too late. His ex- had already moved onto someone else.
"H-how long?" Joey asked, trying to fight back the tears in his eyes.
"Six months."
Joey closed his eyes, letting the tears fall down.
"This doesn't change anything Joey. I told you from when we broke up there was no relationship, that I'm not gay. I don't want to hurt you, I still want to be here for you."
Joey opens his eyes.
"I'm just surprised, Wednesday. I was about to make a huge mistake. I came over here so I can get back at Corey. I needed you. I wanted you, but now you showed me, that I didn't need you."
Wednesday was confused.
"What! You tell me all this, getting out friendship back together, that was all about you just using me?" He shouted, standing up, about to beat the living day lights out of Joey.
"What, no Wednesday, that's not what I meant. I'm glade you and I are friends again. I'm glade you're straight, I'm glade I didn't make that big mistake of cheating on Corey. I'm fucking glade I know what I'm doing now. I have everything back, you, my relationship and my life. Wednesday, I was such in a bad state of mind like you wouldn't believe, but you've help me."
"No Joey, you've helped yourself. You used everyone, just like you used me. And poor Sid, why would you let Mick and Corey hit him like that?"
Joey's smile feel from his face.
"What are you talking about? Mick loves Sid, he'd never lay a hand on him, where did you hear that from?"
Wednesday's mouth fell shut, as his eyes widen.
"Wednesday, what the fuck are you talking about, what about Sid?"
"Nothing, forget I said anything."
"No, fucking tell me right now, or I swear to fucking-"
"Mick hit Sid, hit Sid because Sid was hanging around you and Corey didn't like it."
"How do you know this, I'm the only one in Slipknot that talks to you."
"Apparently not, seeing as I got a little phone call from your lover not too long ago, telling me to leave you alone, and if he ever finds out you're with me, or I'm around you. He'd kill me."
"He threatened you?" Joey asked, voice breaking.
"Oh, but you don't care about me, remember. You just used me, now you can get the fuck out of my house!"
Joey was shocked, why was Wednesday acting this way, he never used him, or he never tried to intentionally use him.
"Wednesday please, I can't lose you again. I never meant to hurt or use you. I was trying to test myself."
Wednesday took a deep breath, leading Joey too the door.
"Listen. I don't want to lose you again also, but Joey, your head is really messed up at the moment, you need to get everything straighten up, with you and Corey. Go be with him, talk to him. And don't call me until you get everything all straighten out again."

Joey wanted to cry. He had hurt his best friend, his best friend he had just gotten back. What the fuck was he thinking about to cheat on Corey. That's when his phone started ringing, he looked down at it, as the color ID read Mick. He answered.
"What?"
"Dude, get back here. We have a show to do tomorrow."
"What the fuck you talking about?"
"Our manager just called and told us he booked us for a show tomorrow night in the city, so get your ass back here or I'm going to send Clown out on you."
Joey had to smile at that when he hung the phone up. If there was anyone in the band that they were afraid of, it was Clown.
Sign up to rate and review this story