Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

How Could You Listen All Night Long?

by Alala19 2 reviews

Hey guys! I'm back with this new fic. Some of the chapter titles wont fit, they will be a line from the MCR song I am listening to at the moment. No sex in this one, but if I do a sequel? Who knows.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-01-22 - Updated: 2011-01-23 - 1814 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stood at the plane terminal, and took a deep breath. I can’t explain how overwhelming it is to stand here in busy New York, about to start a whole new life. Something that I could only dream about, that feeling of euphoria, as I watch the hundreds of unknowing citizens running around in their own worlds. The new lease of life, the polluted New York air brings as it fills my lungs. I could never be so content, standing here in this busy New York air port wearing my dirty army uniform.
I made my way down the plane searching for my seat. I found my row and looked at the man sitting in the seat next to mine. He was looking down at his mp3 player. I sighed and sat in my seat. I pulled out my own mp3 player, and put my ear phones in. I closed my eyes and relaxed as the familiar sound of Aerosmith’s ‘Walk This Way’ pumped through every fiber of my being. Just as the song was ¾ of the way through, my batteries died.

“Oh you piece of shit.” I said out loud. I took the earphones out, and wrapped them around my mp3 player, before putting it in my pocket. I sighed, and looked around at all the other passengers, making their way to their seats. I felt shuffling beside me, but ignored it. I leaned back fully, and rested my head on the head rest of the seat, and closed my eyes.

I felt eyes burning into me, and turned my head slightly to the left, to see a pair of bright hazel eyes boring into my own grey ones.
“Hi,” the cool voice of the man that the hazel eyes belonged to, said quietly.
“Hi?” I said back after I allowed my eyes to dance over his features. His long, shaggy black hair that fell over his right eye. His small nose accompanied by a gold ring. His full pink lips also accompanied by a gold ring. His ears gauged, completing his scruffy rock look perfectly. His lips stretched into a smile, before he turned around to look out of the window. My eyes wandered to the scorpion tattoo on his neck, before I was brought out of my analysis, by the male voice on the intercom.
Fifteen awkward minutes passed, and I was brought out of my memories by the same, cool voice I had encountered earlier. I turned my head to the left to meet those shimmering hazel eyes again.
“Frank.” he said quietly. I allowed my eyes to wander down to his extended hand. I looked back to his eyes, before placing my hand lightly in his.
“Max.” I said, as I looked him in the eyes.
“Max? Isn’t that a boy’s name?” he asked with furrowed eyebrows.
I smiled and released my hand from his light grip.
“Maxine” I corrected myself.
Frank smiled. I allowed my lips to curl up slightly in the corners. Franks eyes lingered on me, causing me to become uncomfortable. Feeling self conscious, I turned my head back to the front, and looked at the back of the seat in front of me.
“You have a beautiful name.” he said just as quietly as before. I allowed my lips to form a smile, as I looked him in the eyes.
“Thank you.” I said, still with the same smile. His lips also curved into the same position.

“No problem. It’s true.” he smiled. I smiled back, before turned my head to the position it was originally in. wondering why this man was not only talking to me, but complimenting my name.

“So… You’re in the army?” He asked inquisitively.
“What gave it away?” I joked, and then mentally slapped myself at how lame I sounded.
“Oh… I don’t know. The tan?” he joked as he went along with it.
I laughed, and allowed my head to drop as I closed my eyes for a few seconds.
“Yeah. I’m a soldier.” I said as I brought my head and my eyes back up to meet with his hazel ones. I watched in amusement as he raised his eyebrows in disbelief. As if the army uniform wasn’t enough to make him come to that conclusion in the first place.

“Wow. How come you’re going back to New J?” he asked.
“My troop has been replaced with new soldiers. So we were given leave…” I said, as a flutter of butterflies danced in my stomach. The thought of going back to New Jersey didn’t quite feel right, despite the wishes I made every night.
“What’s it like? I mean… being in the army?” Frank asked, as he turned around in his seat to face me. As if it were story time, and he wanted to hear my stories of what the army is like.
Great. Now I sound like an old war veteran.
“Uh… It’s tough. It’s really hard training, but nothing prepares you for what happens when you’re sent out.” I said trying to block out all of the harsh memories which tried to leak into the front of my mind.
“How long have you been in the army for?” he asked.
“Since 2005. I was 19.” I said before turning my head to the right, as his eyes burned into me, as if he was trying to read me.
“How old are you?” he asked, looking as if he was trying to figure out how old I was.
“25.” I said simply, before facing his hazel eyes again.
“You?” I asked.
“29.” he said with a smile.
After half an hour of random conversation, and a short awkward silence, an air hostess came around with a trolley of drinks and foods.
“No thank you.” I turned down her offer politely.
She turned her gaze to Frank, who ordered several bars of chocolate, causing me to chuckle as how childish he looked.
“What? So I like chocolate.” he shrugged, causing my lips to stretch into a smile.
As he reached his hand out, to take the chocolate, I noticed a silver glint, out of the corners of my eyes. I looked again to see a silver band around his third dinger on his left hand. Frank saw me looking, and looked down at his ring.

“Married?” I smiled, and looked him in the eyes, the word always causing a sour taste in my mouth.
“No. I’m separated.” he said with a sigh. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, wondering why he was still wearing the ring.
“I just wear the ring so no one hits on me.” he said with a smile as he opened a chocolate bar.
“Well. I wasn’t hitting on you.” I stated as if it was a fact.
Frank raised his eyebrows, as he took a bite of his chocolate bar.
“You were hitting on me.” I said with a teasing smile.
“And what makes you think that?” he teased.
“Uh… I think the cheesy chat up lines count.” I said with a smirk.
“Yeah true. But they weren’t that cheesy were they?” he asked, with a serious expression.
“Uhh… Let’s see ‘your eyes are so beautiful. Beautiful eyes for a beautiful girl’” I said imitating him.
He smirked.
“Ok. Yeah, I admit that was lame.” he said as he laughed. I laughed too, which turned to choke, which turned into a coughing fit. Great. How cool am I?

Frank patted my back, until I stopped choking. I looked up at him with watery eyes. He smiled before thrusting a bottle of water in my hands. I smiled gratefully, and opened the cap. I brought the bottle to my lips, and allowed the cool water to run down my throat, soothing it.
“Thanks.” I muttered as I handed him the bottle back.
“No problem.” he said with a warm smile.
A silence enveloped us, with neither of us knowing what to say.
“So… Do you have a guy waiting for you back in New J?” he asked. My heart sunk, and I began a battle with my emotions.
“Nope.” I said trying to sound as simple as I could.
“You?” I asked.
“No. I don’t swing that way, I’ll kiss em’, but I’m not dating one. I don’t have a girl either, mom’s the only one in my life at the moment.” he said with a sigh.
I laughed a little, smiled, and turned away again. I allowed my eyes to wander along the other passengers on my right, on the other side of the aisle down the middle of the plane.
My eyes landed on a teenage girl, who had her eyes heavily outlined in black eyeliner. She was really pretty, and must only be about fifteen. She was staring my direction. I turned around and looked at Frank with a confused expression.
“What’s up?” he asked.
“That girl…” I said motioning to her with my eyes.
Frank laughed, and leaned in close. He rested his lips on my ear. His warm breath causing a tingling sensation to run down my spine.
“Don’t worry. She’s been watching me since she came on here.” he whispered, causing me to smile slightly.
“I think she might like me.” he said pulling away from my ear with a smirk. I couldn’t help but laugh. “What? You sound like you find it hard to believe” he said sounding slightly offended.
I smiled but shook my head.
“Wear that wedding ring with pride.” I said motioning to his ring. He looked at me, and then his eyes diverted to something behind me.
“Ah shit.” he mumbled.
“What?” I asked, as his hazel eyes fell on mine once again.
“She’s coming over.” he said, causing me to burst out laughing. He pushed my arm, but my laugher only died down upon hearing a timid voice.

“Hey” Frank said politely. I studied his facial features, before turning to look at the girl who stood there awkwardly. I felt sympathetic for her.
“Umm. I’m a huge fan…” she said. My eyes fell on her hands, and I observed her fingers as they danced with each other.
“That’s awesome.” Frank said looking up at her with a polite smile, causing her to smile back.
“I was wondering. Could I get your autograph?” she asked as she pulled out a small notepad, and a red ballpoint pen.
“Of course.” Frank said, taking the stationary from her hands. I observed the situation with confusion as Frank asked her name and scribbled down a short message.
“You’re married?” she asked as Frank handed her back her notepad, and pen. She seemed a little more relaxed than before.
“Indeed.” Frank said as he grabbed my hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story