Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Wrong

Oh How Wrong Were To Think That Immortality Meant Never Dying

by Alala19 2 reviews

Maxine?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-01-25 - Updated: 2011-01-26 - 2201 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The girl looked at me and gave me a warm smile.
“I hope you two are happy together.” she said before saying her goodbyes.
I turned to frank with a confused expression. He smiled and let go of my hand. The coldness replacing the warmth his skin brought.
“She’ll leave me alone now.” he smirked. I shook my head disbelievingly.
“Why did she want your autograph?” I asked, feeling relief to get the question off my chest. I seriously was confused.
“I’m in a small band, and we play a show at a local bar every few weeks. I guess she goes there.” he said with a shrug. I nodded and accepted his answer; even though I had a feeling it wasn’t entirely true. He seemed far too relaxed giving his autograph away. However, I shrugged the thought to the back of my mind. I’m probably not going to see this guy ever again anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

The rest of the plan ride was filled with small chat. We waited together for our luggage in the homely New Jersey airport. I grabbed my huge backpack, as frank grabbed his suitcase.
“Where do you live?” he asked casually as we made our way to the exit.
“I don’t live anywhere. I’m just going to stay at a hotel.” I said taking a glance at him.
“How come?” he asked, turning so that his hazel eyes penetrated mine.
“I sold my house.” I said simply, turning away from his gaze.
“Well, I know this is odd, because we have only just met, but you can stay at mine. We have a spare room." He said stopping and looking at me.
“No it’s ok. Thank you for the offer though.” I mumbled. I genuinely was happy and grateful at the offer, but my common sense reminded me that he’s a stranger I’ve only just met. No matter how kind and genuine he seemed.
“Are you sure? My roommate wouldn’t mind, and I’d hate to think of you with no where to go.” he said seemingly seriously concerned.
“I’m fine.” I smiled, as I studied his facial features one last time, before we said our goodbyes and drove away in separate cabs.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

I thanked the cab driver for the third time, and entered the cheap looking motel.


I chucked my rucksack on the bed and studied the room. He wallpaper was an off beige color, and peeling in the corners. I shrugged, not really bothered. Ok, so it was a downgrade to the hotel I stayed in last night, but a definite upgrade to accommodation in the army.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

I woke up in a cold sweat. I brushed my fringe out of my face, with a trembling hand, before thinking back to the nightmare. Every night for two years I’ve had this same nightmare. You’d think that it wouldn’t be as vivid and accurate as originally wouldn’t you? Well if I said your right, it would be a load of bullshit, because it was just as accurate. It was like a horror movie replaying in my head every night. Every single detail as accurate as the whole event was, the first time I witnessed it. The very day these nightmares began.

I brushed my teeth and had a wash in the dimly lit bathroom (if you could call it that), before I unpacked clean underwear, and a clean black t shirt from my backpack and getting changed. I didn’t feel like having a shower in this place. Besides I’d had a nice long hot bath in the hotel the night before.

I hailed a cab and told him the address of the house I hadn’t seen nor been to in years.

I stood in front of the typical family home as a flood of memories washed over me, and clouded my thoughts.
I smiled as I made my way up the drive. I hesitated before knocking on the door. A couple of seconds later, I saw a black figure through the frosted glass in the door, before it opened.

“Hi Dylan.” I smiled up at his shocked face. I laughed as he closed his mouth before enveloping me in a tight hug.
“Max. Oh my god. Come in." he stuttered, as he ushered me into his small, but homely house. “So… Oh my god. I can’t believe it.” he said as we sat down on opposite sides of the room.
I smiled, tearing my eyes away from his shocked face, to observe the room. The welcoming blue and cream walls, the cream couches, and the powder blue carpet.
I allowed my eyes to wander along the fireplace, at the various pictures of the happiest family ever. My eyes lingered on a photo of me at my graduation, causing a smile to stretch across my lips.
My observation was brought to an end, as I felt a pair of eyes burning into me. I tore my eyes away from the photo of me, and allowed them to analyze Dylan’s appearance.
His black mop of a hair, obviously un-brushed, that fell over his iced blue eyes, unlike my grey ones. His full pink lips stretched into a happy smile. The biggest I’d ever seen on him.

“Come here.” he said, outstretching his arms. I smiled and walked over to him, before sitting next to him, and collapsing into his arms. I buried my head into his chest, and inhaled his scent, as his arms tightened around me. We were interrupted by a knock on the front door. We pulled away from each other.
“I’ll be right back.” he said apologetically, before getting up and going to the door.
I looked at my watch to see the time at 11:45. I smiled as I heard muffled voice, and rustling. Managing to make out a ‘sorry. I forgot my key’.

“Maxine!” I heard a squeal. I looked up to see Billy’s excited expression.
“Hey girl!” I smiled, as I stood up and she flung her arms around me. I felt a pair of arms around my waist from behind. I broke away from Billy, and turned around, and looked down at my gorgeous nephew.

“Auntie Maxi! Your back!” he said with excited wide eyes, and a smile equally excited.
“I know. Which means I can spend more time with you little man.” I said as I reached down and picked him up. He wrapped his small arms around my neck and hugged me.
“Did you shoot anyone?” he asked. I smiled at his happy little face, and shook my head.
At just 5 years old, he’s too young to hear about the war stories I have.
“Are you staying this time?” he asked.
“You betcha.” I said as I put him down on the floor, and ruffled his hair.

“So your back then?” Billy said with a happy smile.
“Yeah. And I must say, It’s great.” I said as she and Dylan sat on the love seat. I sat on the sofa opposite, and smiled as Ben sat on my lap.
“When did you get back?” Dylan asked me.
“Yesterday.” I said.
“Where are you staying?” Billy asked me as she smiled up at Dylan.
“A motel. I’m planning to go apartment shopping tomorrow though.” I said wrapping my arms around Ben, causing a giggle to escape his lips.
“Can I help you choose your house?” he asked as he turned around on my lap, making it easier for him to look at me.
“Well… I think that would be a good idea, because your going to come and stay with me sometimes aren’t you?” I asked receiving an extremely enthusiastic nod.
“But, I think we better ask your mom and dad first though.” I said looking into his hazel eyes. He turned to look at Dylan and Billy who both nodded in approval.
“Sweet” he said, causing me to laugh.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Why are you back?” Dylan asked me a couple of minutes later.
I looked at him for a few seconds, the curiosity clearly evident on both his and Billy’s faces. They had written to me every month I was away, and I hadn’t told them I was coming home. I looked down at Ben who was looking up at me with a look of admiration.
“My troop was sent home. We were replaced by new soldiers.” I said. A mix of emotions running through my head.
“Well, that’s good. We were so worried about you.” Billy said, sounding more like my mother, than my sister in law. I smiled at her, a genuine, warm, happy smile.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

“Ben honey? Come into the kitchen. I think your dad, and Auntie Max want to talk alone.” Billy said as she took her son into the kitchen.
“How are you holding up?” he asked me softly. He was being very careful around the subject.
I inhaled, before nodding.
“I’m just taking it a day at a time y’no? I’m so much better. I mean, it’s been two years…” I said honestly.
“How do you feel being back? I mean-” he cut himself off, not really knowing how to word it.
“I’m not sure. It’s great to be back. I’ve been wishing for this day for years, but… it’s still a bit weird. It doesn’t feel right.” I admitted. We sat there in silence, just enjoying each others company, before Ben and Billy joined us.

“Max, can I talk to you? I mean. It’s been years.” Billy asked.
“Yeah, sure.” I said before I stood up and followed her out to the garden. We sat down under a tree, in the shade.
“So…?” I asked as I inhaled the fresh warm air of New Jersey.
“You can’t stay in a motel babe.” Billy ordered.
“I’m fine. It’s much better than accommodation in Iraq.” I said as I cocked my head to one side, and looked at her concerned face.
“No. You can stay here until you got a place.” she demanded.
“No I-” I managed to stutter, before being cut off.
“No. I’m a mother, and I wont be able to live myself at the thought of sending you back to a motel. They’re cheap and dirty.” she insisted. I smiled at her protectiveness, and caved in.


“I need new clothes.” I said randomly. I had given all my clothes to charity before I went into the army. Well, to be honest I didn't know whether I'd be coming back alive or not.
“We’ll go shopping in a bit then.” she said.
“Sounds like a plan.” I smiled.
Billy is like an older sister to me. She and Dylan had been together since they were 17. Now 29, they’re still together, and as strong as ever. We sat in silence before she spoke.

“Max. I think I’m pregnant.” she blurted out. I choked on the air I was inhaling, and looked at her nervous expression with a dumbfound look, as she bit her bottom lip.
“Does Dylan-” Cut off again.
“He doesn’t know. I’m two weeks late, and I’m scared he won’t want another kid. I mean. We hardly have enough money now…” she said. I didn’t say anything, just nodded in understanding.
“Well. You might not be pregnant. So we’ll get you a test later.” I said. She nodded, and flung her arms around me. I smiled a false smile as she pulled away and kissed my cheek. No. it wasn’t a false smile in the sense that I don’t like Billy, because I love her. It’s just the subject of children. Since two years ago it’s left a sour taste in my mouth.

“Are you going to get a job in another tattoo studio?” Billy asked a few moments later.
“Yeah. I think so.” I said. I’d already thought about what I was going to do to earn a living. I had come to the conclusion, that since I was a trained tattoo artist before I went into the army, then I might as well use my talent, and continue it, instead of learning a whole new skill, for a different job. Besides tattoos were a passion of mine.


We were once again enveloped into silence as we enjoyed each others company, and the surroundings.
“Shall we go shopping then?” Billy asked as she stood up and brushed off her bum and legs.
“For sure.” I said, as I done the same.



Authors Note:
Sorry about the lack of updates, lovers. Just been having some personal/relationship issues, and sorry to admit this, but mine and his relationship means more to me than this story. Bleh. Feel free to ask me any questions you want, i'll give an honest answer to anything that may come up, and guess what? MCR IN APRIL BITCHES! I'm going, as my alter ego Killjoy 'Venemous Vixxen'. It will be epic.

Love you all very much, and reviews are epic.
xoxo t.iero
Sign up to rate and review this story