Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Well, When You Go

"I Just Miss You, That's All"

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 0 reviews

**I do not own the song lyrics used in this chapter**

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-25 - Updated: 2011-01-26 - 1228 words

0Unrated
Gerard and Bennie prepared to walk down the red carpet, Jared on Bennie’s hip and Samantha clutching onto Gerard’s hand as if letting go would mean she’d get lost in the sea of fans and photographers that stood just beyond them. Bennie kept looking three groups of people up at Georg, who hadn’t even come to ask if she wanted to walk with him, with a frown on her face. Gerard grabbed Bennie by her arm and pulled him closer to her, leaning his head in right next to her ear.
“I remember Jared’s middle name.” He informed her.
“Well, I told you his middle name, Gerard.” Bennie whispered back. Gerard shook his head.
“No! I mean I remember picking it out. We were sitting on the couch in the waiting room for your second doctor’s appointment and you looked up from the magazine you were reading and you asked me if I wanted to start thinking of names, and I said ‘Sure, that sounds fun.’ and you said ‘I don’t know about first names, but if it’s a boy I want his name to be Arnold after my father’ and that’s all I remember, but I thought I should tell you that.” Gerard whispered. He moved his face and stared at Bennie, whose lips were slightly curled into what Gerard was assuming was a smile.
“That’s… Gerard! You’re getting your memory back!” Bennie stated, a happy edge to her usually flat voice. Gerard smiled and gently nudged Bennie toward the red carpet.
“Are you ready?” Bennie asked. Gerard shrugged in indifference. Bennie rolled her eyes.
“I hate it when you do that.” She whispered before gliding out onto the red carpet- head up, shoulders back, as poised and graceful as a ballerina.
Gerard smiled and gave Samantha’s hand a slight squeeze as he walked quickly- pulling her along- to catch up with Bennie. He couldn’t help but laugh at the scowl Bennie wore every time someone asked her to pose for a picture.
“Bennie! How does it feel to be returning to the stage for the first time in four years?” A young woman asked as Bennie stopped to answer a few questions for her.
“It’s great. I’ve had a lot of fun at home pretending to be normal, with my normal job and being a stay at home mom, but performing is my passion, so it’s been amazing.”
“And Gerard, we heard you were released from the hospital just this morning. What happened?”
“I’m not here to talk about me. I’m just here because my kids wanted me to walk down the red carpet with them and their mother.” Gerard uncomfortably replied.
“I completely understand. Just one question, please?” She asked Gerard shrugged and Bennie rolled her eyes again.
“You are okay, right? I mean, our source reports you were in the hospital for about a month, but we have no information on what landed you there. You don’t have to tell us why, but you are okay, right?”
“Yeah, I’m fine! No, I’m great! I wouldn’t be here if I were dying.
“Daddy was sick.” Jared shouted as he pulled the microphone toward his own mouth. The interviewer smiled and lightly pulled the microphone away from him.
“Thanks, guys!” The interviewer said. Bennie and Gerard nodded and moved on.
Bennie put Jared down as they approached the next interviewer on the condition he stay only three steps ahead of Bennie, and he did- taking every opportunity he could to pose for the cameras in front of him. Samantha kept her face buried in Gerard’s jacket sleeve, occasionally peeking out and smiling for one or two photos. Bennie struggled to brush off rumors of her divorce and a reunion between her and Gerard. Gerard struggled to answer any question, and adamantly refused to speak about his ‘hospital visit’ that the press knew nothing about, which became more and more obvious with each passing interview.
As they approached the final set of cameras, Bennie picked up Jared and held him on one hip as Gerard nudged Samantha to go stand with her mother. They stood for a few pictures before Gerard draped an arm over Bennie’s shoulders and Bennie slipped her free arm around Gerard‘s waist. Bennie turned to walk inside and went deathly pale as her eyes fell upon an enraged Georg who stormed off into the building.

Bennie stood in the wings, and exhaled deeply. It had been four years since she had performed for a crowd, and even though she had spent countless hours in rehearsal with her band, nothing would ever make her less nervous when she heard the crowd roaring. She plastered a fake smile on her face and ran out into the stage.
How are you doing, Los Angeles?!” She shouted as her band started to play the first song. She shot a quick half smile at her husband- who stood in the wings, glaring at her- as she began to sing.

It's a good thing, tears never show in the pouring rain
As if a good thing ever could make up for all the pain
There'll be no last chance to promise to never mess it up again
Just a sweet pain of watching your back as you walk
As I'm watching you walk away

And now you're gone it's like an echo in my head
And I remember every word you said

It's a cold thing you never know all the ways I tried
It's a hard thing faking a smile when I feel like I'm falling apart inside
And now you're gone it's like an echo in my head
And I remember every word you said

And you never were, and you never will be mine
No, you never were, and you never will be mine

For the first time, there's no mercy in your eyes
And the cold wind is hitting my face and you're gone
And you're walking away
And I'm helpless sometimes
Wishing's just no good
Cause you don't see me like I wish you would

Cause you never were, and you never will be mine
No, you never were, and you never will be mine
There's a moment to seize every time that we meet
But you always keep passing me by
But you never were, and you never will be mine

I saw you at the station, you had your arm around
What’s her name? She had on that scarf I gave you
you got down to tie her laces
You looked happy and that's great
I just miss you, that's all

Cause you never were, and you never will be mine
No, you never were, and you never will be mine
There's a moment to seize every time that we meet
But you always keep passing me by
No, you never were, and you never will be mine

Cause you never were, and you never will be mine
No, you never were, and you never will be mine
There's a moment to seize every time that we meet
But you always keep passing me by
No, you never were, and you never will be mine




++++++

Song: Be Mine- Robyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDNRTCuPyQ
Sign up to rate and review this story