Categories > Original > Romance > From Orphan To Princess

From Orphan To Princess

by jadesohma 4 reviews

(In 1801) Her parents died four years ago. Sent to and orphanage only for her sister to be riped away from her. Now a man will take her into a world full of magic, love, and ritches.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-23 - Updated: 2011-01-23 - 1998 words

1Illiterate
"Jenny Alice? Jenny Alice? Are you awake, Jenny Alice?" That is what wakes me up on this fine summers day, I sweet little girls voice.

Little Anneliese calls me Jenny Alice, my first name, sorta, and my middle. See, shes the youngest orphan here. Shes three years. She does not remember her family or what happend to them. She needs to be informed every day what day it is and the year. It's been this way since she came here.

"Jenny Alice? What's today?" She asked as I sat up in my bed.

"Today is the first of July 1801." I say, shifting to face her then scooping her up so she can come down with me.

"Jenny Alice? Why do you have your own room when I have to share with Joanna, Philly, Admarella, and Beth?" She asked when we're going down the stairs.

"Because I am the oldest and older girls need their own room." I say to her soft and simply.

"When I'm the oldest I want my own room!" Anneliese giggled almost dropping the teddy bear, which, is the only thing she has left of her family.

"Hopfuly you get adopted before then, and I have no idea why no body has already. It's been a year already." I say brushing a golden curl from her face.

"Really? That long!" She gaped.

"Yes, July first of last year you were brought here." I put her down so I can make out pankcakes. We're the only ones who like them so I just make enough for us.

I take out a pan when I hear Johnathan, our caretaker here in the orphanage, calling me. "Jenna! If you don't mind can you make some tea for me, please?" He asked. "Of course!" I call back.

I put a tea pot on the stove. The water boiled and I poured it in Johnathans favorite cup. It was white with purple and blue mix rim at the top. The cup is part of a set so I put it on the tray along with the other dishes filled with tea bags, sugar, and honey. I carefully shoo Anneliese out of the way so I may walk into the dinning room, foyer, and the door way to Johnathan's office.

Then I see a possible adopter, so I stand there, watching. The man had on an expensive white shirt. It looks like it was made in Florence, not too far from here. Pants that were torn at the bottom, and newly bought shoes. He wore his hair short, only down to his chin! It was as white with a hint of yellow mixed in.

"Oh, Jenna come in! I'd like you to meet Miles." Johnathan said finally noticing me in the door way.

Then man turned my way. His bright green eyes hit me as soon as I saw them. He smiled at me as his eyes followed me into the room all the way to Johnathans desk to place the tray.

"Miles this is Jenna, Jenna, Miles. Jenna is the oldest orphan here. Miles is here to pick up copies oh all the childerns records for the Smiths. They're looking for a child but couldn't make the appointment so they sent this young man."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Miles." I said then gave a curtsy.

When I return to his level, he took my hand kissed it. "Lovely to make your acquaintance." He looked up with his lips still pressed to my hand, his green eyes staring into my brown. I could feel the color flush into my face.

"Jenny Alice, I'm hungry." Anneliese said, peeking into the door way. Thank god! I thought. Saved by the child! "I'm sorry, I must get breakfast ready." I say slipping my hand away and opening my arms for her to jump into.

I take her back to the kitchen. I set her down at the small table at the end of the room and went to the pantry. There wasn't any blueberrys! "Anneliese, do you mind cocoa bits in the pancakes? there are no more blueberrys."

"YES! I LOVE COCOA!" She squeaks.

"Alright, calm down." I laugh at the bouncing child.

"David! James! Stop! Your so annoying! 11 year olds ugh!" Joanna shrieked running in and sitting next to Anneliese.

Joanna, I have to say, is a brat. She thinks she knows everything even though she stoped her toutoring when she was 7.

"Your only 10 so I wouldn't be talking if I were you." Philly said joining the chat.

"And your 12!" Joanna snaped back. Philly laughed. "That's two years older than you!"

"And i'm 8!" Beth said jumping up and down.

"We know." I say kindly. When I'm done with Anneliese's two pancakes, I start on my own. Eventually the rest of the population came in and out. There. The size of the orphanage has gone down in the past two years. 24 children were adopted. There is only one I regret.

My sister was adopted only two months after out parents were kiled. The people who adopted her did not want another child. The worst part is, she was only 5. She might not even remember me.

"Jenny Alice? Are you sad?" Anneliese questions, pulling on the hem of my night gown.

"No I was thinking of a memorie. Oh! You've gotten cocoa all over your dress! Lets get you into a fresh one." I take her hand into mine.

"Jenny Alice, I want to wear my pink dress! It's my favorite!" She said dragging on the stairs on our way up.

"I don't see why not. What dress do you think I should wear?" I ask, knowing the answer already.

"The blue one! I love the blue one!" She clapped her hands together and giggle out of happiness.

"The blue one it is." I give her a smile, she giggles even more.

We walked down the hall to the tiny girls room. With three sets of bunk beds and a wardrobe, it doesn't help the size.

Anneliese skiped over to the wardrobe. She is now tall enough to open it herself. Shes very proud of her new found independence. "Here, Jenny Alice!" She said handing me her dirty night gown.

"Thank you. Are you alright by your self? I have to go change my self." She nods and waves good bye. I go right next door to my room. It feels empty compared to the las troom. All I have a bed, vanity, wardeobe, and a desk.

I look to my bed on the far side of my room, and there was a flower. So of course I go to put it in a vase. I don't want it to die! But it was a red rose. I get flowers from the girls if they pick them but we don't red roses. Red as flames of an open fire, ho can it come out of no where? I couldn't explain the flower so I just put it in the vase by it's lonesome. But the mystery of the rose will not go unsolved.

"Jenny Alice, where did you get that pretty flower?" Anneliese poked her head into the door way wile asking then coming in to sit on my neatly made bed.

"I don't know where it came from. It was here when I came in." I say, closing the door to hide my changing self.

"But no ones been up here since David and James ran up here. Besides Trever." Trever is the newist orphan. He is only 11 and he is still haunted by the sight of his parents being murderd. I just had to listen.

"He's still in shock Don't blame him for being like this. That reminds me! I have to go make his eggs. Now you, go play." I shoo her out the door as she goes running. I walk down the stairs behind her laughing at her childish shouting when I see Miles leaving. I find my self running down the steps to meet him.

"Miles, wait!"I breath hitting the very last step before the hard would of the entrace hall begins.

"Yes, m'lady?" He asks with that smile of his.

"If you don't mind, can you put in a good word for Anneliese? Shes such a sweet little girl and she deserves a good life and family." I blurt all in one very short inhale of air.

"Your wish is my command, but what about you?" He asked, brow rising.

Before I could say another word, he was already out the door.

"Jenna, who was that?" Admarella asks me.

"A messenger." I say softly still staring at the door.

"Your weird Jenna, but it's alright." She smiles hugging my knees.

"Okay, go play while I make Trever his eggs." I say patting her head.

"Now he is weird." She mumbles under her breath. I ignore it for now.

I work my way throught they ennoying task of scrambling two eggs together. Since thats the only thing he'll eat, I guess it's big deal. The egg takes 2 and a half minutes.

I took the plate up the stairs and to the very last door to the left. This is the room he took to. The only ones who are permitted to enter is Johnathan and I. If I weren't bring the food, only Johnathan would be allowed.

I knock with silence as my answer. A sceond knock with the words "It is only I, Jenna." attached.

A muffled "It's open." Came from behind the door. I enter to see the almost empty room. All there was, was a bed on which he sat by his lonesome, his head hanging along with his dark raven hair.

"Here are your eggs, Trever." I say, laying the warm plate besides him on the bed. I look at him with a sweet smile.

"I want to go home." He said, I see a drop and hear gasping from his mouth. I bite my lip, a habbit when i'm think of what to do. Next thing I know his head is cuped in his hands and I am holding the poor shaking thing.

"Trever, they wouldn't want you to live like this. They would want you to be happy, have fun, get out of this room." I say softly stroking his soft hair.

"We were suppose to go to the shore that day. We were all set to go when the men came and wanted to take everything, and mother, and when father had blocked us from them, they took him and killed him. After he was dead, they did things to Mother that made her scream. One of them held me there to watch and kept my eyes open. I saw everything. The people who lived next to us heard me crying and they took me here." He sobbed.

"Shhh, it's okay. Everything will be okay." I say kissing the top of his head, wrapping the covers around him, and start to leave. His watery hazel eyes look up to me. I couldn't help but shed a tear myself. The poor boy.

I close the door behing me and cleaning away the tears. "Jenna! Jenna!" Johnathan called, he needed something, of course I must fill it.

"Yes, Johnathan?" I say moving into his office.

"Miles will come back in two weeks to acquire the child the Smiths have chosen. Only, the day before is Beths birth day. Please do everything you can to let the children know little of the adoption. It wont end well if they knew too much, understand?" He says

"Yes, that shouldn't be too hard."
----

Teehee! Jadesohma is back! This one is one of my favorites! I've already wrote a whole note book of this one. I've really wanted to write more but I do write alot in note books anymore :P so I'm writting it on here. Hope you guys like it. Lots of reveiws please! I want to know what you guys think!
Sign up to rate and review this story