Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Boys Are Like Chocolate

The Pity Bar

by MCR_Vampire_321 3 reviews

Another boyfriend, Franks parents admit something...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-01-28 - Updated: 2011-01-28 - 1135 words

0Unrated
Dear Diary,
I shouldn’t be so shocked… But I am. My parents are getting a divorce! They told me this morning. Mum is going to be moving out and I’m staying with my Dad. I don’t know how I feel about it. Dad confessed to me about an hour ago that Julie will be moving in with us. I don’t like Julie and at the moment I don’t like my parents.
I think I’m going to go and see Gerard. Not that I understand my feelings for him either…
Does anything make sense anymore!?
~ Frank
xoxo


Boyfriend Number 9 – Paul

Type Of Chocolate – Pity Bar
Information – You see this bar every day in the shop. The wrapper is nice, but is the chocolate bar nice? You never buy it. But one day you think ‘Hey Man, I’m gonna give this bar a chance…’
You often dislike it.


Oh. We’re talking about Paul. I always feel guilty when I think about Paul. He moved schools so I never see him anymore but we’re friends on BookFace. I don’t know much he likes me, but he always pretends to like me.
Paul wasn’t very good looking. He wore large geeky glasses, had lots of spots and had a very un-attractive haircut. He was bullied, which was what made me pity him. The girls either told him he was ugly or sarcastically said “Oh Paul, will you be my boyfriend?” and the guys would beat him up so he mostly hid in the library.
I didn’t even notice him until Mikey got the flu. Gerard had come in for two days but because he was looking after Mikey, he caught it as well and had to stay home with him. So I was alone and the gay kid who listens to rock music by himself? He’s always the first target for bullies.
So I ran into the library. Paul wasn’t exactly the first guy I noticed. The first was Cory. I went and sat next to him first.
“Hi!” I greeted him with a smile. He turned to me and glared. I thought he was going to say something to me but he didn’t. Then he turned back to his book. I sat there awkwardly before deciding to move.
I moved next to his old robot friends. One of them snorted at me and said in a lispy, robot voice “Excuse me, I’ve heard about you! You dumped our friend Cory!”
I sighed “It wasn’t like that!”
The other one turned on me as well “Whatever! Get lost nerd!”
I didn’t bother to call him a nerd back, I wasn’t in the mood. The only other person left in the library, other than the librarian, was Paul. So I thought I would say hi.
“Hi!” I greeted, sitting next to him. He looked up at me. He didn’t smile.
“Hello.” He replied, his eyes sliding back to his book “Can I help you with something?”
I drummed my fingers on the table “Well, I was hoping we could make friends…”
He closed his book “Your friends are both ill and now you’re alone. You need a friend. As soon as Gerard and Mikey come back, you’ll ditch me won’t you?”
I was surprised that he knew all this “I’m not the kind to ditch people…”
“You ditched Cory pretty quick…”
“We went out for a while actually. And anyway, he shaved off his hair for me! He was going crazy for me!”
He was silent then said “Fine Frank. I’m not exactly the best company, but my name is Paul. And you can sit with me.”
He went back to reading and sighed when I said “You’re cute when you get angry…”
A few weeks of talking and hanging around in a group of four and I went out with him. It didn’t occur to me that I was only asking him out because I felt sorry for him.
That sounds really stupid and maybe it’s just an excuse. But I don’t know, I saw how the girls picked on him and I thought I’d like to show them that Paul can get into a relationship… So I asked him out and he said yes. Maybe he only said yes to rub it in their faces as well. He was a bit of a show off about the relationship for a while. Until Pete called me easy. Then Paul shut up for a while.
But I found more and more that I didn’t want to hang around with Paul and that I wanted to hang out more with just Mikey and Gerard. I got really angry with the entire world whenever Paul tagged along with us. Even though I was the one that had started it in the first place…
“Is everything alright?” Gerard asked one night when I was at his place.
“No.” I told him “I don’t think I love Paul. I don’t actually think I ever have…”
Gerard didn’t know what to say so he just left it and I carried on going out with Paul. Until I could no longer bear it and broke up with him.
I was quite honest with him, I just left out big parts “Paul, this relationship has gone dry. I’m not feeling it anymore. You have to agree, right?”
He looked confused “I thought everything was going great! You made me feel wanted Frank! Please don’t leave me!”
Then suddenly to my horror he started singing You Me At Six’s Stay With Me. It was kind of like Cory all over again only there was no guitar and Paul was actually quite tuneful. But people were turning and staring “Paul!” I hissed. He continued to sing “Paul!” I hissed loudly. He finally stopped “Stop doing that! I just need some time to think about this… Maybe we should have a trail break-up?”
He shrugged “Fine. Fine. I don’t care. I’ll just go and talk to Cory. He knows what it’s like to be dumped!” Then he ran off singing You Me At Six’s Fireworks. He had never mentioned being a You Me At Six fan while we were going out…
So that was the end of me and Paul. We are still on our ‘trial’ break-up.

[A/N] - I'm sorry it took so long to update! D': I couldn't think of any chocolate bars and I looked at it today and thought 'I have an idea...' Not exactly my best chapter but I think the next couple of chapters are going to be long and concluding ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story