Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Corrupt Fruit

Conflict

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The boys discuss the situation at hand and Tsuzuki makes a startling offer. A little Hisoka angest for everyone.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2011-01-30 - Updated: 2011-01-31 - 518 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twenty-Nine: Conflict:

The shinigami hit a small problem: Shichiro was no longer just Japan's burden. Her name was Ami Wong. At age nineteen in 1983, she ran away to Japan. On the night of January seventh, she died. In Hong Kong, the case went cold, but not true for their Meifu. That itself was the problem. The Eda-Kimoto clan had killed Americans in the past. That was different, however. The US and Japan had an extradition treaty. Not so much with Hong Kong. The boys sat around discussing this.

"I told the chief," Hisoka said.

"And what did he say?" Tsuzuki asked.

"We could get papers on him, but it would take time," his young partner replied.

"How long?" Watari asked.

"Months at most," Hisoka replied.

"Months?" Tsuzuki asked.

“I’m sorry,” the boy replied.

"Damn it!" his partner cursed.

"Are we going to pursue it?" Watari asked.

"Yes!" Tsuzuki said. The other two stared at him.

"Tsuzuki?" Watari asked. The shinigami lowered his head.

"We have to," he said. "For her!" Hisoka shook his head.

"Don't let your emotions overpower your judgment," he warned his older partner. Tsuzuki clenched his fists.

"I'm not!" the man argued back. He took in a deep breath. "I just can't stand to see her powerless against them,” Tsuzuki reasoned. “She wants to fight back." He looked up at his coworkers. "I want… I have to help her," Tsuzuki insisted. The other two could see his motive for this case. Hisoka felt his stomach turning as he felt his partner's love for Anna flood him. He tried to keep down the hurt. Watari understood the situation. He lightly touched the older shinigami on the hand.

"It's okay," he said. "We'll get the paperwork." Tsuzuki's eyes widened.

"Really? You'll do that?" he asked in an excited tone. Watari nodded.

"We will help both of you," he promised. Tsuzuki smiled and bowed his head.

"Thank you, Watari!" he cheered. They turned to Hisoka. He blinked at them.

"What?" he asked.

"What about you, Bon?" Watari asked.

"Uh…" the boy said. Tsuzuki reached forward and took him by the hands. Hisoka tried to swallow the desperation flooding through him. His partner's violet eyes trapped him.

"Won't you help me?" Tsuzuki murmured. Hisoka lowered his green eyes. This was not right; sure, they needed the paperwork for the case, but the motives were all wrong. Tsuzuki was starting to make this personal. This would lead to more mistakes driven by emotion, but Tsuzuki really wanted this. Hisoka sighed, defeated.

"Fine,” he grumbled. “We'll get the paperwork!" Tsuzuki's smile stretched across his face.

"Oh thank you, Hisoka-kun!" he cheered as he hugged his young partner close. The boy managed a smile of discomfort. Tsuzuki quickly let go.

"This is great!" he cheered. "I have to tell Anna!" The shinigami raced to his room. Hisoka whipped around to Watari.

"Why did you do that?" Hisoka asked, hurt. Watari gave him a kind smile.

"It’s better this way," he reasoned. Hisoka looked down at his hands in his lap and noticed them shaking.

"I feel sick," he muttered.
Sign up to rate and review this story